Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Punctuation

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Jul 26, 2009
We need to be able to use more punctuation. Like apostrophes, quotation marks, ellipses, parentheses, brackets, etc.
As well as being able to use multiple punctuation marks at once, like "What?!?"
or "Who!?!"

I don't know why we don't have these already. I hope you consider this.

Defender
Sep 28, 2010
catboy2197 wrote:
We need to be able to use more punctuation. Like apostrophes, quotation marks, ellipses, parentheses, brackets, etc.
or "Who!?!"

No ty i dont know punctuation very well.Most people who play the game dont too i cant evan say im without it being blocked in the game ok?So sorry but no ty.

Survivor
Feb 22, 2009
this is actually rather important I'm sure you've seen people say im when they mean I'm but it's just better to say I am this is a useful point and they might bring this in to consideration. Although the ! and the ? might be useful but is not correct grammar wise.

Survivor
Dec 17, 2009
catboy2197 wrote:
or "Who!?!"

Well you can call me crazy all day, but people WILL use it to go around the filters to curse. KingsIsle has a reason to its madness in this situation, and a real good one too.

Mastermind
Jul 26, 2009
CameronBrunt wrote:
catboy2197 wrote:
or "Who!?!"

Well you can call me crazy all day, but people WILL use it to go around the filters to curse. KingsIsle has a reason to its madness in this situation, and a real good one too.

I don't understand how this could be used to go around the filter.

Survivor
Apr 03, 2010
Squire
Apr 11, 2010
catboy2197 wrote:
CameronBrunt wrote:
catboy2197 wrote:
or "Who!?!"

Well people can make some well for lack of a cleaner word, dirty drawings with the text. I would post an example of how it can be abused but in doing so I'd be making a dirty image with the punctuation :/

Anyway, just know that the symbols on your keyboard can be used to express not so nice thoughts...

Mastermind
Jul 26, 2009
CorbinW wrote:
catboy2197 wrote:
CameronBrunt wrote:
catboy2197 wrote:
or "Who!?!"

Well people can make some well for lack of a cleaner word, dirty drawings with the text. I would post an example of how it can be abused but in doing so I'd be making a dirty image with the punctuation :/

Anyway, just know that the symbols on your keyboard can be used to express not so nice thoughts...

Okay, I guess you have a point. But I think we could at least have an elipsis (...) and quotation marks.

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
Rofl.

You are asking too much for this. Most will be too uneducated and/or too lazy to bother with it.

I doubt KingsIsle will add something that no one except those very few will actually utilize.