Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Announcing Wintertusk

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 05, 2009
Survivor
Mar 01, 2009
I cant wait for wintertusk. Is there any tangible release date? I want to know if it is going to be this summer. Can you tell us at least the season it will come out, so we can all plan accordingly and beat grizzleheim? I havent beaten it yet with all my wizards, and i want to know if I should start now. 8)

Survivor
Jan 15, 2011
Dear Professer Greyrose,

To acsess Wintertusk will we have to complete GH?

Survivor
Dec 25, 2009
nice but are we going to test wintertustk in the test realm?p.s. why is she holding maybe a monster horn then again it could just be a horn so =D

Survivor
Nov 19, 2010
When will it come out> I've heard rumors of 2012 but who has that much time to wait?

Survivor
May 13, 2009
WOW! This will be awesome! I'm very excited! Will there be a fire dragon pet for fire wizards that are at least level 33 (like me )?

Survivor
Mar 19, 2011
Survivor
Apr 02, 2010
Oh this is so cool! I can't wait to see the new spells and the new pets! This one got me very excited! :D :D :D
But one question: will you have to finish girzzleheim in order to get in Wintertusk? :) :)

Delver
Mar 13, 2011
Not raising the level cap would be a mistake, because there would be no real incentive to keep questing for anyone who is level 60, aside from getting the new spell and pet to see what they are like. After the novelty of them wears off, what goal would there be to reach?

Just to have another badge? With the right class balance, one can solo up to about halfway through Celestia (and up to Coven in Ravenscar with help on Jotun).

For example, I play a Myth w/ Life, and am now level 60. I am near to arcing into the Trial of the Spheres section, but am not wanting to continue because of the level cap as it is.

(For those who do not know, the moment you hit level 60 there is no more XP bar to fill in. It simply says "MAX").

Yes, I could continue to quest, HOWEVER...I am reluctant to do so because if they DO raise the level cap I want that quested XP to go into the new XP bar to fill it in and contribute to my leveling, rather than have it "go to waste". Plus, for me, it would be a goal to accomplish which is very satisfying.

The situation is a sort of conundrum, in that I would like to see new content, but since there is no longer any reward for completing quests aside from dropped items (many of which I cannot use anyway), I will gain very little for the efforts of going through it.

Just my 2C.

Survivor
Jan 23, 2010
Survivor
Jul 16, 2008
Survivor
Mar 17, 2011
Survivor
Feb 05, 2009

Ok, first, YAY!
Second, this is a world after GRIZZLEHEIM, not Celestia, so what would Morganthe have to do with it? I might be wrong.
Third, I gotta work on Grizzleheim!

^ Sarah Moonglade ^

Survivor
Feb 05, 2009
HooVooLoo wrote:
Not raising the level cap would be a mistake, because there would be no real incentive to keep questing for anyone who is level 60, aside from getting the new spell and pet to see what they are like. After the novelty of them wears off, what goal would there be to reach?

Just to have another badge? With the right class balance, one can solo up to about halfway through Celestia (and up to Coven in Ravenscar with help on Jotun).

For example, I play a Myth w/ Life, and am now level 60. I am near to arcing into the Trial of the Spheres section, but am not wanting to continue because of the level cap as it is.

(For those who do not know, the moment you hit level 60 there is no more XP bar to fill in. It simply says "MAX").

Yes, I could continue to quest, HOWEVER...I am reluctant to do so because if they DO raise the level cap I want that quested XP to go into the new XP bar to fill it in and contribute to my leveling, rather than have it "go to waste". Plus, for me, it would be a goal to accomplish which is very satisfying.

The situation is a sort of conundrum, in that I would like to see new content, but since there is no longer any reward for completing quests aside from dropped items (many of which I cannot use anyway), I will gain very little for the efforts of going through it.

Just my 2C.

I agree, without a new level cap what would be the point? I know it would be fun and or a good challenge.

^Sarah Moonglade^

Survivor
Jun 17, 2009
Survivor
Oct 14, 2008
this is excitin :D g most of my friends say side worlds are dumb but i do it to lvl up and get xp

Survivor
Jun 13, 2010
I'm picturing wintertusk with Mammoths for some reason ... anyone i'm stoked!

Survivor
Jun 29, 2009
Survivor
Mar 03, 2009
I hope its for higher levels like myself so when can have more quests and stuff to do . gets boring when you beat the world the first day it comes out :D

Survivor
Jan 21, 2011
Survivor
Sep 25, 2010
This world sounds cool. So is it supose to be a snowy version of grizzleim? If it is thats cool. Will there be anyone creatures besides ice creatures?

Survivor
Jul 24, 2010
awesome! i can't wait! but i have a few questions...
what level do you have to be to get your class pet?
do you have to complete all the quests in grizzleheim to go to wintertusk?
i am really looking forward to seeing the new world!

Miranda Fireblossom, level 40 Thaumaturge

Survivor
Mar 21, 2010
oh oh oh just cant wait yo :) but if i get killed than ill start to hate wt i wander what kind of quests they are and i'm about to beat gh and i will be sooooooo if i cant go to wt. but it will be 8) maybe it will be or

Survivor
Jun 29, 2009
Survivor
Feb 25, 2010
I would love to see a treasure card or better yet a training spell in the next world that would allow a shield to work for four rounds instead of one. It would work the same as sun spells in Celestia on a regular spell card for enhancement.

I would also like to see treasure card drops that can be used to refill a potion and also one for energy. This drop could be from the new Wintertusk plants or bosses.

In crafting, I would love it if they made windows with curtains, blinds and/or drapes to craft. I am tired of looking at four walls without windows in most of the houses on Wizard.

It would be nice if the new world featured a unisex hair salon. Characters would be able to change their hair styles and color for gold.

I would also like it if we were able to buy back our names to change for gold or crowns. Many of us had no idea that by adding a school name such as Cheryl Death to our character, it would hinder us in PVP playing.

It would be great if we were able to change the time of day or night at our houses. Especially I note the Marleybone houses that are so dark and dismal. I do understand that England is rather dreary, but can't you make it that we can change them to a sunny day. I am certain that England has sunshine although not as regularly as other places in the world.