Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

KingsIsle, your pet system is bugged out...

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Nov 01, 2008
Dear KingsIsle,
Today I spent some time levelling pets on my secondary account to try and get a pet I liked. I mixed my 2 sea turtles together that were both bought from the crowns shop. My result was a sea turtle with FIRE-GIVER. If I am correct this pet is life. I tried once again but this time with my gift card defender pig and a sea turtle, the offspring learned STORM-GIVER. Once again, both of the pets are life school. I am simply trying to make a pet learn both spritely and spell proof as my secondary account has a low level life wizard. A friend was kind enough to send me a mega snack pack to train these pets and I feel that she deserves a refund since the pets are bugged. They arent working properly. Also, the so called members benefits we were supposed to have never came. The energy restore time was cut by 25%. Thats all I saw occur. We members are paying $10 a month, $14 if we have a family account of 2. We aren't getting any benefits for what we pay. Many people in the community feel that the pet system can also be unfair and a good benefit added to it would be we can actually see the talents our pets will be getting. I know many people who quit this game because of this bogus system going on. Please Kingsisle, look into this subject and try to make it more fair. I spent atleast $20 on my pets today from my other account and I feel I deserve a refund. If not, fix the system so more people aren't having the same problem and complaining about it here.

Thank you,
--Steven

Adherent
May 20, 2010
You're getting plenty of benefits for your $10. For example, six more worlds to explore than those who don't pay.

There's no obligation to spend Crowns for anything. You can buy a pet for gold and train it with snacks you win from bosses or pay gold for.

The idea of knowing what your pet's talents are in advance isn't realistic. Parents don't know how their newborn is going to be when he/she is older.

Explorer
Nov 01, 2008
Colagada that sounds reasonable and I agree but there is still the factor of my mixed pets who were both first generation pets earning talents outside their schools of focus. Such as fire-giver and storm-giver. I am a bit confused about that an wish for an explanation.

Survivor
Apr 03, 2010
Want spritely, and spell proof? Get a sea dragon, and by the way (it dont cost crowns).

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
Think that's odd? I have been mixing 2 of the same pets to obtain certain talents. After spending 42000 gold and about 30$ in mega snacks (not mentioning the time involved), what was the result you ask. An EXACT copy of one of the parents?? kinda feel ripped off! Exact same pet with EXACTLY the same talents?? I didn't read about this in the update notes. What's up?

Explorer
Nov 01, 2008
Turbofreak, Sea Dragon does cost crowns, it was only sold for gold on test realm. Also sea dragons are horrible spritely casters and I would know considering I had one. And Travis atleast you know how I feel, getting ripped off for something that should not of happened. I mean since when do life pets learn secondary school powers? Especially ones obtained in the crowns shop.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
The pet breeding is not like real life breeding, in Wizard101 each pet has 10 talents on the left and 10 derby talents on the right. You will get two from each parent each time you hatch, but it could be any of the two.

So in TravisAK hatch, he may well have new talents in his pet, but they may not be the ones that showed up.

Lets just talk about the Talents on the left hand side. Let's say that both parents are Ice, Let's say you have a Starfish and a Colossus. The starfish has spritely, and you want the Colossus to have Spritely.

Starfish, Power pips, Spritely, Accurate, and Health.
Colossus, Power pips, Accurate, Health, and Boost.

Lets say you do get a Colossus in return.
This new hatch may have some or none of the above items.
Why, because they only get two of the Ten from the Starfish, but it may not be the two that show up in the hatch. The ones listed above may or may not go to the pets, as each has Six other hidden that are just as likely to be picked.

So, lets say we get Spritely and Fast from the Starfish.
(Fast is one of it's Talents, but it does not show up in the four you can see).
So now the Newly hatched Colossus may have Power pips, Accurate, Health, Spritely, Boost, and Fast. Or it may have lost the Power pips, Accurate or Health, in the case it was over-written by the two new Talents.

So you never know what is going to happen with the Talents, it's all random.
Plus, even if your pet gets the talents, they may well not show up when you try to level up your pet. The Slots or Talents you want, may stay hidden.

When hatching, I see lots of people asking what Talents your pet has, but that is only 4 of the 10. When they hatch, they are just as likely to get the hidden talents as the one that they see on the screen. Actually more likely, as there are 6 hidden and only 4 visiable.

I have hatched over 34 times now, and I really think these are the facts, imo. If anyone can counter what I have listed above, I would really appreciate hearing your help and comments.

Thanks,
Joseph LionHunter.

Explorer
Nov 01, 2008
Lion, i do not know if your reply was directed at me but I used the petnome website to see if sea turtle pets had all life talents and they do. But why did my new mixed ones get talents from other schools when they were all first generation pets? I really would appreciate it if a Kingsisle staff member would reply.