Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Questions about. Balance wizard cards.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 22, 2011

I have a simple question for the veteran players in wizard101.

I am a lvl 25 balance wizard. Right now, I have loads of diffrent spells. Good and bad. My second school is life, so I can heal myself.

Anyway.

I could use a good tip, about how my card deck should be, to be more usefull. Right now, I feel like I am just fighting with luck, and bad luck.

Please share a good tactic for a balanced wizard.

Thank you. Right now, my pip chance is at 42 %

Adherent
May 20, 2010
For starters, get rid of Life as a second school. Pixie should heal you well enough, and you'll be getting the Helping Hands healing spell when you finish the Krokosphinx.

For now, hang on. You'll be getting two main spells in the next few levels: Spectral Blast at level 26 and Judgement at level 28. In the meantime, be sure you've gotten your blade spells and such from Niles in Krokotopia and your Reshuffle and Unbalance spells from Mildred Farseer on Colossus Boulevard.

Delver
Feb 25, 2010
I found it useful to put in as many multiple-enemy spells as possible. And if you have judge, stock up on that. Put in at least a couple of each shield and blade if you can. Since you have life, the spirit blades will be a help. I don't bother much with black mantle or the precision spells, since they don't do much for me. I'd suggest playing around with those and see if they help you any and then go from there. Make sure you have heals (which goes without saying, I guess).
There are numerous items that you can get to increase your pip chance. And unfortunately, I cannot remember what I have at the moment. I'll have to get back to you on that.

Hope this helps at least a little!

Mastermind
Dec 21, 2009
Askepotta wrote:

I am a lvl 25 balance wizard. Right now, I have loads of diffrent spells. Good and bad. My second school is life, so I can heal myself.

Anyway.

I could use a good tip, about how my card deck should be, to be more usefull. Right now, I feel like I am just fighting with luck, and bad luck.

Hey I'm a legendary Balance/Life. With your power pip percentage, I would devote the bulk of your attack cards to your home school, so you don't waste your time and power pips. Only throw in a few life attacks for those pesky Balance enemies. I would put in maybe four healing cards, and maybe four Life attack cards, if you have the space. It all really comes down to what you want to do with your fighting style. Try and put a couple spirit blades into your deck to coost your life attacks, and put in at least three balanceblades. Could you post what deck you have at the moment, and what amulet? Might be able to help a little more that way.
Thanks,
Taryn Dragonsong

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
Askepotta wrote:

Anyway.

I too found that my deck got particularly cluttered when I was a balance. Its a general problem for all schools of magic, but for some reason, it seemed worse with my balance. I went and picked up a couple of different decks and created one for different modes of operation. I had an "elemental" deck for fighting and defending elemental enemies, a spirit deck for the same, and a "balance" deck for dealing with balance enemies and combination groups including a balance. I also had a "helpful mander" deck because even at level 25, I got a LOT of calls from grandmasters to port in to DS and be their useful mander minion. Does this help, or are you looking for more specific advice? If you're looking for something specific, could you give me an idea as to what you are having trouble fighting at the moment and what gear and secondary spells you have?

Oh, and fyi, I can't remember the keyboard key combination at the moment, but there is a "quick key" for switching decks so that you don't have to open your backpack every time. You should be able to find it on this website somewhere.

Survivor
Jan 26, 2011
Generally, for a standard battle you'll want -

Six attack cards,
Two shields of the type you're fighting,
Two blades, two traps,
Two Balance blades,
One Helping Hands,
and one Mander.

Bring your Mander out as soon as possible in any boss fight, and use Helping Hands when your half down on your health.

If you're fighting Balance, switch the above to your secondary school.

You also want to keep your treasure slots full of Pixies at all times. In an emergency, you'll always have a heal readily available.

Hope this helps. :)

Defender
Aug 08, 2010
You don't have spectral blast yet (level 26) or judgement (level 28), so I will advise you to setup your deck according to my basic setup, regardless of school -

- shields for the enemy you're facing (3)
- balanceblade (3)
- highest multi-target attack, which is sandstorm (2)
- highest single-target attack, which is locust storm (1)
- hex, if you've learned it (1)
- helping hands (2)
- reshuffle (2)
- Mander minion (1)

The number on the end is how many of that spell I would recommend putting in the deck. If you are fighting solo, you might want to up the number of attacks by one each. The smaller your deck, the faster you will get the cards you need and be able to fight effectively.

I would highly recommend that you train ice to Tower Shield. It is the only shield that will block balance (which is important, even though you have resistance to balance) and it will stack with your other shields.

Personally, I would recommend retraining and not learning any life spells. Helping hands and the fairy should be more than enough healing spells to have in your deck. The life attack spells are a waste of space in your deck (as you can attack much more effectively with balance attack spells). You can also learn the Treant spell at the appropriate level, to augment your healing capabilities.

The only weakness balance really has at this point is the ability to attack multiple targets at once. Unfortunately sandstorm is the best you get until level 48 when you learn Power Nova (and then Ra at 58). You can boost the damage by buying some TC's to boost damage (like Strong). Sandstorm should be fine for you at the moment, but it leaves a lot to be desired once you get to level 30 and higher.

Survivor
Feb 22, 2011
colagada wrote:
For starters, get rid of Life as a second school. Pixie should heal you well enough, and you'll be getting the Helping Hands healing spell when you finish the Krokosphinx.

For now, hang on. You'll be getting two main spells in the next few levels: Spectral Blast at level 26 and Judgement at level 28. In the meantime, be sure you've gotten your blade spells and such from Niles in Krokotopia and your Reshuffle and Unbalance spells from Mildred Farseer on Colossus Boulevard.

I removed the life second school.

Survivor
Feb 22, 2011
sunsword44 wrote:
Askepotta wrote:

Anyway.

Hey I'm a legendary Balance/Life. With your power pip percentage, I would devote the bulk of your attack cards to your home school, so you don't waste your time and power pips. Only throw in a few life attacks for those pesky Balance enemies. I would put in maybe four healing cards, and maybe four Life attack cards, if you have the space. It all really comes down to what you want to do with your fighting style. Try and put a couple spirit blades into your deck to coost your life attacks, and put in at least three balanceblades. Could you post what deck you have at the moment, and what amulet? Might be able to help a little more that way.
Thanks,
Taryn Dragonsong

Hi, thank you for your awsome answer.

This is my deck and amulet.

Pixie - 2
Balance blade - 2
Black mantle - 1
Helping hand - 1
Locust swarm - 2
Mander minion - 2
Power play - 2
Precision - 1
Sandstorm - 2
Scorpion - 1
Spectral hit - 4
Spirit blade - 2
Spirit trap - 2
Elemental blade - 2
Elemental trap - 2

Pet: Jade oni. It gives a free card an Jade oni.
Amulet of feyes: Gives 1 card - Cyclops

Survivor
Feb 22, 2011
Gelwyn wrote:
You don't have spectral blast yet (level 26) or judgement (level 28), so I will advise you to setup your deck according to my basic setup, regardless of school -

- balanceblade (3)
- helping hands (2)
- reshuffle (2)
- Mander minion (1)

The number on the end is how many of that spell I would recommend putting in the deck. If you are fighting solo, you might want to up the number of attacks by one each. The smaller your deck, the faster you will get the cards you need and be able to fight effectively.

I would highly recommend that you train ice to Tower Shield. It is the only shield that will block balance (which is important, even though you have resistance to balance) and it will stack with your other shields.

Personally, I would recommend retraining and not learning any life spells. Helping hands and the fairy should be more than enough healing spells to have in your deck. The life attack spells are a waste of space in your deck (as you can attack much more effectively with balance attack spells). You can also learn the Treant spell at the appropriate level, to augment your healing capabilities.

The only weakness balance really has at this point is the ability to attack multiple targets at once. Unfortunately sandstorm is the best you get until level 48 when you learn Power Nova (and then Ra at 58). You can boost the damage by buying some TC's to boost damage (like Strong). Sandstorm should be fine for you at the moment, but it leaves a lot to be desired once you get to level 30 and higher.

Thank you, for your advice. I am testing your tip.
I am lvl 26, and have other good spells. What about them?

Survivor
Feb 22, 2011
SpringRains wrote:
Generally, for a standard battle you'll want -

Six attack cards,
Two shields of the type you're fighting,
Two blades, two traps,
Two Balance blades,
One Helping Hands,
and one Mander.

Bring your Mander out as soon as possible in any boss fight, and use Helping Hands when your half down on your health.

If you're fighting Balance, switch the above to your secondary school.

You also want to keep your treasure slots full of Pixies at all times. In an emergency, you'll always have a heal readily available.

Hope this helps. :)

Thank you. What about the best possible deck for a lvl 26?

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Gelwyn wrote:

- balanceblade (3)
- helping hands (2)
- reshuffle (2)
- Mander minion (1)

I have a Grand Master level 52 Balance with life as secondary. This combination as served well for me. I also set up separate decks that I can switch to depending on the battle I am facing. For multiple hit spells, balance is ok, but if you want a good solid hit without using all of your pips then Centaur comes in handy.

My main deck is set up with all balance except for 2 sprites and 3 satyrs, as well as a couple of pixies that all wizards get. At least this way I can if needed help heal those who are fighting with me.

But as far as deck set up, there are some good suggestions in the posts. All you can do is try them and see what works best for you.

Survivor
Feb 22, 2011
Gelwyn wrote:

- balanceblade (3)
- helping hands (2)
- reshuffle (2)
- Mander minion (1)

I also, learned the high tower shield spell. And added 2 of them. To my deck. What do you think about the card now? Is it a good deck?

Defender
Aug 08, 2010
The deck setup I use is the same on all of my wizards, for the most part. I play the same arrangement from novice to legendary.

The smaller your deck, the more guaranteed you are to get the cards you need, when you need them. As a few other people mentioned, I do usually keep at least three decks setup on each wizard: general mob, boss battle, and cheating boss. My general mob deck sometimes changes a bit if I'm fighting solo as opposed to with a group.

Now that you have trained to tower shield I would suggest changing your deck to the following:

- tower shields (3)
- balanceblade (3)
- highest multi-target attack [sandstorm] (2)
- highest single-target attack [spectral blast] (1)
- helping hands [sprite if you don't have this yet] (2)
- reshuffle (2)
- Mander minion (1)

As soon as you learn judgement, of course, you would replace spectral blast with judgement. The only time this would not be the case is if you're facing a balance opponent.

For a boss deck, I would suggest the following:

- tower shield (3)
- highest multi-target attack, sandstorm (2)
- highest single-target attack, spectral blast (2)
- balanceblade (2)
- elemental blades (1)
- elemental traps (1)
- hex (2)
- helping hands (2) - or sprite, if you don't have this yet
- reshuffle (2)
- Mander minion (1)

You might throw in some spirit shields if you're facing a life, death, or myth boss. Your mander will throw elemental shields on you, so don't worry about putting those in your deck. You could also throw in one additional of each attack if you are going to solo the boss; although, I would recommend using the deck above and using reshuffle instead, if you need more attacks. Reshuffle adds itself back to the deck when you use it.

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
Askepotta wrote:

Pixie - 2
Balance blade - 2
Black mantle - 1
Helping hand - 1
Locust swarm - 2
Mander minion - 2
Power play - 2
Precision - 1
Sandstorm - 2
Scorpion - 1
Spectral hit - 4
Spirit blade - 2
Spirit trap - 2
Elemental blade - 2
Elemental trap - 2

Hey Askepotta. Looking at your deck, here's what I would recommend. First, I would remove both power plays and leave them out. I don't think this spell benefits you in the majority of situations. I would also remove the spirit blades and traps unless you have them there for a group situation. Based on your attack spells, I think you would be better off adding more balance blades since they can boost balance and everything else. I would also remove your elemental traps and rely on your minion for those. With the available slots, I would add more balance blades, and maybe some shields or other attacks, and hex for traps (better boost with no pip cost) depending on your play style. I would also reduce pixie to 1, and bump helping hands to 2. Hope this helps.

Mastermind
Dec 21, 2009
Askepotta wrote:
sunsword44 wrote:
Askepotta wrote:

Anyway.

Thanks,
Taryn Dragonsong

Pixie - 2
Balance blade - 2
Black mantle - 1
Helping hand - 1
Locust swarm - 2
Mander minion - 2
Power play - 2
Precision - 1
Sandstorm - 2
Scorpion - 1
Spectral hit - 4
Spirit blade - 2
Spirit trap - 2
Elemental blade - 2
Elemental trap - 2

Well if it were me (and this is just me) I would take out one Elemental Trap and one Spirit Trap, and replace them with a Balanceblade and an extra Scorpion. It boosts just as much as the traps do (25%) and it has a 0 pip cost. Plus, it can also boost spirit school attacks (Life Death and Myth). Once you get Hydra, two elemental traps are worth having.

That is really the only thing I would have to say, your deck seems pretty awesome as it is :D

-Taryn

Survivor
Feb 22, 2011
Gelwyn wrote:
The deck setup I use is the same on all of my wizards, for the most part. I play the same arrangement from novice to legendary.

The smaller your deck, the more guaranteed you are to get the cards you need, when you need them. As a few other people mentioned, I do usually keep at least three decks setup on each wizard: general mob, boss battle, and cheating boss. My general mob deck sometimes changes a bit if I'm fighting solo as opposed to with a group.

Now that you have trained to tower shield I would suggest changing your deck to the following:

- tower shields (3)
- balanceblade (3)
- highest multi-target attack [sandstorm] (2)
- highest single-target attack [spectral blast] (1)
- helping hands [sprite if you don't have this yet] (2)
- reshuffle (2)
- Mander minion (1)

As soon as you learn judgement, of course, you would replace spectral blast with judgement. The only time this would not be the case is if you're facing a balance opponent.

For a boss deck, I would suggest the following:

- tower shield (3)
- highest multi-target attack, sandstorm (2)
- highest single-target attack, spectral blast (2)
- balanceblade (2)
- elemental blades (1)
- elemental traps (1)
- hex (2)
- helping hands (2) - or sprite, if you don't have this yet
- reshuffle (2)
- Mander minion (1)

You might throw in some spirit shields if you're facing a life, death, or myth boss. Your mander will throw elemental shields on you, so don't worry about putting those in your deck. You could also throw in one additional of each attack if you are going to solo the boss; although, I would recommend using the deck above and using reshuffle instead, if you need more attacks. Reshuffle adds itself back to the deck when you use it.

Thank you very much for this deck recommendation. I am really gratefull.
Looks like it took you some time to write this anwser, so I thank you.

I will test it out.

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
I have one additional piece of advice.

Wear a necklace that has your own school spell. This will utilize your power pips for a boosted attack, and will work with blades and such as well.

I recommend the highest level of attack you can currently equip, or Sandstorm. As long as you keep your necklace attack limited to your own school. Or perhaps even an additional blade/trap, since they *stack* with your normal blades/traps.