Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Earthquake and Tsunami in Japan: How to Help

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Many young Wizards saw the news of the disaster in Japan, were devastated, and then wondered: how can we help?

Here's a roundup of ways that you can help those in need—with money or other donations, with time and energy, with volunteer hours, coding skills, or anything else that one could contribute.

http://www.good.is/post/earthquake-and-tsunami-in-japan-how-to-help/

community@wizard101.com
Mastermind
May 02, 2009
I heard that the earthquakes were record breakers?

Mastermind
Jun 25, 2009
i woke up that morning to the tsunami warning for west coast (me) i've seen the before and after images, its not pretty practiclly everything is gone.

Survivor
Feb 18, 2010
Dear Professor Greyrose,
Thank you for your response. I appreciate your efforts in compiling the links to various relief efforts. I hope you share this information with players through Wizard101Central.com.
I surmise from your response that KI is not planning any in-game effort to collect funds for Japan. That is perfectly understandable; KI is not in the fund-raising business. However, I did post my suggestion in the forum of Wizard101Central.com and received some enthusiastic responses and interesting suggestions, so I know the interest is there. If you have not already done so, check out the thread on Wizard101Central.com.
I hope you revisit my suggestion and give it more thought. Do not discount the power that comes with contributing as a member of the Wizard101 community. I am proud to be a member, and it would be especially gratifying to give as part of a larger, communal effort. KI has the potential to motivate many tens of thousands—dare I say millions?—of people. You have the power to reach folks who may not think of other avenues for contributing. (And for those of us who are already set up for credit card payments, giving through the game is ridiculously easy.) There is also the potential for “mass action” within the game: can you imagine the ripple effect as players see others wearing an “I gave “ badge or sporting a “Japan relief” pet? OK, OK I know it’s not in your mission statement or business plan, but you have a great opportunity to do good things here!
In any event, thanks for listening, and thanks for the many wonderful hours of game play I have enjoyed!

Survivor
Jan 17, 2011
Yes, there are so many ways to help! Get out there and change someone's life for the better!

Survivor
May 12, 2010
I fell sorry for the people that lived there. It was a 8.9 earthquake :( :( :(

luke fireblood, 60
soct storm, 31

Defender
Dec 04, 2010
Thank you for posting this Professor. I feel very sorry for the people that were there, especially for one of my friends, whose grandpa died during the Earthquake and Tsunami.

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
donna155 wrote:
Dear Professor Greyrose,
Thank you for your response. I appreciate your efforts in compiling the links to various relief efforts. I hope you share this information with players through Wizard101Central.com.
I surmise from your response that KI is not planning any in-game effort to collect funds for Japan. That is perfectly understandable; KI is not in the fund-raising business. However, I did post my suggestion in the forum of Wizard101Central.com and received some enthusiastic responses and interesting suggestions, so I know the interest is there. If you have not already done so, check out the thread on Wizard101Central.com.
I hope you revisit my suggestion and give it more thought. Do not discount the power that comes with contributing as a member of the Wizard101 community. I am proud to be a member, and it would be especially gratifying to give as part of a larger, communal effort. KI has the potential to motivate many tens of thousands—dare I say millions?—of people. You have the power to reach folks who may not think of other avenues for contributing. (And for those of us who are already set up for credit card payments, giving through the game is ridiculously easy.) There is also the potential for “mass action” within the game: can you imagine the ripple effect as players see others wearing an “I gave “ badge or sporting a “Japan relief” pet? OK, OK I know it’s not in your mission statement or business plan, but you have a great opportunity to do good things here!
In any event, thanks for listening, and thanks for the many wonderful hours of game play I have enjoyed!

Yes, yes! Beautifully put, donna155. Thank you for sharing this idea.

KI did something similar a little over a year ago, and collected an impressive sum of monetary donations in exchange for a white tiger mount. Our community is much larger now than it was a year ago. We could raise some serious cash.

Please, KI, would you consider such a community effort again?

Survivor
Jun 25, 2010
Its good to know that there are other people out there that care. Thank you wizard101 for supporting japan and i will do my part to help to.

Jonathan Walker 60 Balance
Jonathan Lifehunter 44 Death
John Storm 10 Storm

Delver
Feb 01, 2010
yes i felt very sorry for them my parents told me about what happened and i even saw some videos of the damage on youtube it was so awful my parents also told me of some people who don't care about that and i think that's just sad what if that happened to you nobody would help you if you didn't care about that everyone help japan please do the good thing

Explorer
Apr 26, 2010
My friend goes to school in the same class room with me and he's from Japan. He moved to the USA. I feel bad for his people. Curse you earthquakes. I hope god can do something about this. :-o

Survivor
Jan 26, 2010
KI could donate some of there crowns money and subscription money to help japan.

Survivor
Jun 25, 2010
Blame myth school one of there students casted that blasted spell

Explorer
Apr 17, 2010
It broke my heart to see all those people not having homes, some of the little kids there that dont have parents because they got taken out to sea...My dad is out there and will be there for a while helping them out..I hope that the wizards can do all we can to support them all no matter the cost..

Alexandria
lvl 55 Ice

Explorer
Apr 26, 2010
irishjonny wrote:
Blame myth school one of there students casted that blasted spell
Blame myth for spell earthquake and storm tsunami spell wind storm

Survivor
Aug 01, 2010
:( Japan has been going in really tuff disasters lately, there are now nuke warnings, I wish there were no disasters. :(

Survivor
Jul 24, 2010
yes i felt very sorry for them my parents told me about what happened and i even saw some videos of the damage on youtube that my dad said we would help the japons people I was much happy

Defender
Mar 07, 2009
Must stay in a positive frame of mind. And do what we can. Hope and pray for Japan...and the rest of humanity. Something needs to change in this world for humanity to survive. We need to take care of this planet. This is our home. We cannot leave this planet. Then winds of change must come.

Survivor
Jan 09, 2011
Delver
Aug 13, 2010
I know feel I should value what I have. From Haiti, to Japan, the world is having tons of natural disasters. I wish if had three wishes, I would use one of them to make everything safe. But I don't have three wishes. Thank you Prof. Greyrose, I'll see what I can do to help! Also, if you can't contribute, just Pray for Japan. The least you can do. :)

Survivor
Mar 10, 2009
The Earthquake moved Japan 8 in. closer to America and tilted the Earth's axis. I am doing a writing in class about it and will read it at some meeting thing i have to go to. Maybe it will make people take a stand. I think like 15% or more of all subscriptions should be going to Japan. We all need to take a lot of action in this. If we dont then by like 2035 Japan may still ne a mess (doubt but it could happen). My real life friend said they still still need help in summer, he and his family are going to fly over there and help them.

I am sure Japan is very, very, very, very, very, VERY happy that people have donated.

Luke DeathBlade GrandMaster Pyromancer.

Explorer
Dec 05, 2010
I'm really glad I get to do something besides praying now, not that I've been doing it at all! I saw a video of all the devastation the tsunami caused. Let me tell you, it was horrible. Personally, I think it's wonderful that KI is trying to help the people of Japan. Many people have lost their lives, and many more have lost their beloved ones. I've been waiting for a chance to help them, and it FINALLY came!

Katherine GoldCaster
Level 38
Magus Diviner

Survivor
Jun 25, 2009
did you hear that there power plants exploded that is terrible i feel so bad for them! :(

Mastermind
May 02, 2009
hooty7212 wrote:
did you hear that there power plants exploded that is terrible i feel so bad for them! :(
that going to live a mark i heard on a history news show that some island that were near some atomd bomb test zone were and are still in habitable(ouch :( )

Survivor
Aug 01, 2009
you see my school does mission projects every year and this year i hope we do japan we all give money and\ we put that to the place that needs help last year we did hati. i hope you will be generous and give proceeds of some thing on the game to japan support thank you. :D :P :) :-) 8)