Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

fire dragon

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 07, 2010
i have found that when i am fighting a fire boss that if i use dragon as we all know you must use a prixm to be effective. But i know that if you want to do more damage on the next three rounds that you will also have to have prism for each round
This is not what is happening
I on more then two different occasions have watched very closely and i know that with not one but two fire traps (fire & balance) plus a prism that i should get more then 28 points real hard to be doing quests solo with that kind of result please take care of this as it happens every time i fight a fire boss

Adherent
May 20, 2010
mrterrytoons wrote:
i have found that when i am fighting a fire boss that if i use dragon as we all know you must use a prixm to be effective. But i know that if you want to do more damage on the next three rounds that you will also have to have prism for each round
I on more then two different occasions have watched very closely and i know that with not one but two fire traps (fire & balance) plus a prism that i should get more then 28 points real hard to be doing quests solo with that kind of result please take care of this as it happens every time i fight a fire boss

Punctuation will make it much easier for others to follow your ideas.

Fire Elf and Heckhound aren't that useful against Fire enemies. That's just the way it is. When you're facing a Fire enemy, the solution is to Prism first (because the first ward put on the enemy is the last one to trigger, and you want your Trap(s) to trigger BEFORE the Prism converts it to Ice), then trap and/or blade, then cast your big Fire spell.

Mastermind
Feb 16, 2009
Why are you using Fire Dragon on a Fire boss? There's no conceivable ay that you can make that effective. Use Helephant instead. It'll do more damage in the long run.

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
mrterrytoons wrote:

Hey mrterrytoons. This is a known bug that I (and I believe others) reported some months ago which affects all Damage over Time spells and the use of prisms. KI has assured me that they have a team of professors working on it, but as of the last time I tried, it still doesn't work. Fortunately, Fire dragon does enough initial damage to be worth a prism, and you can finish them off with a helephant if the after effects don't take care of him. I hope this helps.

Survivor
Jan 17, 2011
I am confused, once you use Fire Dragon all prism apply to the whole attack plus the burn damage. It won't take a prism everytime they get burned. If you want to do more damage try using different amounted prisms and blades right off the bat to do more damage.

Edit: After reviewing what you wrote I get it now. What you are saying is that the burns aren't registering the prisms that you put on the enemy, right?

Defender
Sep 28, 2010
Well honestly i think if lets say you prism a fire monster.Then he gets burned the prism should still be in affect on the burn . With any spell fire elf heckhound fire dragon.

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
Funkii4710 wrote:
I am confused, once you use Fire Dragon all prism apply to the whole attack plus the burn damage. It won't take a prism everytime they get burned. If you want to do more damage try using different amounted prisms and blades right off the bat to do more damage.

Edit: After reviewing what you wrote I get it now. What you are saying is that the burns aren't registering the prisms that you put on the enemy, right?

The prisms are wards (traps, shields, etc) and are consumed with each turn of a DoT spell. However, there is a bug specifically using them with DoT spells that I reported back in October of 2010. I just went and tested it, so as of 6:00pm PST on March 14th, 2011 it is still broken. Specifically, the prism will work with the initial strike only. While the prisms will be consumed with each turn of the DoT after that, they will not convert any damage. Spells such as heckhound and scald won't work with them at all since they lack an initial hit. To be clear, it is all DoT spells in every school of magic, be it poison, snow angel, frostbite, or any other DoT spell. People just need to be aware of the bug so that they can work around it.