Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

More Schools of Magic

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 17, 2011
There are so many different types of magic that could be used on Wizard 101 here are some that I and others have thought of:
Alchemy (This has shown up numerous times on the board just putting it here in regards to the list)

Psionics aka Mentalism aka Divination aka Precognition (Essentially being able to predict the future, think spells that won't have any effect till the next turn and they would be powerful Things like Telekinesis could fall under this category)

Technopath (The combination of technology and magic, you would be able to control robots and other technologies)

Voodoo (I posted this in another thread and people were right that this is a religion in many parts of the world so its inclusion is unlikely, but I still put it up here for reference)

Time Magic (Same effect as the Psychic spells only different name)

Animal Husbandry aka Beast taming (Essentially instead of summoning a beast that does a set amount of damage, you would train your summons and the more you train them the more powerful they become)

Muscle Memory (Not really magic, but essentially you would train with a martial arts person, and incorporate the martial art move with your magic)

Illusionist (Basically you can make your opponent think you are casting a certain spell, but in reality it reveals itself to be something else next turn)

Thaumaturgy (This means to use magic to control supernatural powers, think summoning a dead person or controlling ghosts to attack. I know it is like Necromancy, but I am just throwing out suggestions)

Tantra (This is developed by Hinduism and Buddhism, but the religious meaning behind the art could be dropped and the mantras of the art could be used in a Wizard 101 sense)

Shamanism (Kind of like Voodoo without the focus on ancestors, Shamanism would involve totems and basically involve animal spirits to be summoned to attack. Perhaps if this is developed each wizard could get a guardian animal that would give stat bonuses. This could also be incorporated under Animal Mimicry)

Empathy (Basically being able to control yours and others emotions. Think about enraging your enemy to attack. You could force them to use an attack spell if they have one wasting their pips especially if it is a low pip spell or turn them to attack your enemies)

Gravity Magic ( Being able to control the gravity around you and use it in attack and defense purposes)

I am sure there are many more I could think of, but that is just a few!

Survivor
Mar 07, 2009
Intresting thoughts, but some might count as new spells for other schools. but some might be for new schools to thats my opinion.

Explorer
Sep 21, 2008
Not to rain on the parade, but those "schools" are intertwined with an existing school of magic that is already existent in the Wizard101 world. Very nice list though, looks very well thought out.

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
I will also post my ideas and their descriptions,

Love
The school of kindness and caring, love wizards are usually very considerate and giving and willing to care for others. While being totally selfless they use encouraging words to encourage themselves and their allies to victory.

Survivor
Jan 17, 2011
Oops I guess I should have reworded the title, I didn't mean for these to be like actual schools of magic, just types of magic that could show up in the game in a variety of different forms whether it be current school spells, new schools (like how astral spells were implemented), enemy spells, all sorts of different ways.

Defender
Feb 17, 2009
I like some of them, very well thought out, I enjoyed reading some of them.
But isn't Thaumaturgy ice? As in Thaumaturge?

Thomas Swiftthislte, Legendary Ice.

Survivor
Jan 17, 2011
Actually Wizard 101 got that wrong, a Thaumaturge isn't someone who controls ice it is someone who can control the dead. The same goes with the Storm school, if you are a diviner that doesn't mean you control the weather, it means you can predict the future.

I think they just used the names because there isn't really a name for those types of magic.

Survivor
Jan 17, 2011
Survivor
Jan 17, 2011
Also about the Animal Taming, wouldn't it be cool if you could train your summons in order for them to do more damage. That way it isn't some typical spell that everyone else can do, it has its own unique personality and power behind it.

Survivor
Oct 22, 2009