Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Angry over loss of spells/no response Cus ser

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 26, 2011
yesterday I bough crowns so that I could buy back training points and train in other schools.

I trained in a couple, then repurchased training points again and trained in a couple more schools.

When I went to re-do my deck, the spells that I had first acquired were gone, along with some that I had had for a while.

I contacted customer service because I want a refund of my crowns and they have not responded, not even to acknowledge that I sent them a problem.

This is a RIP OFF. I find no where in the deck instructions or anything where it says that it will do this. The decks have limits but I thought that was on the number of spells that could be placed in the deck at the same time, not the number that you could possess.

Can anyone help.

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
jmack1159 wrote:
yesterday I bough crowns so that I could buy back training points and train in other schools.

I trained in a couple, then repurchased training points again and trained in a couple more schools.

When I went to re-do my deck, the spells that I had first acquired were gone, along with some that I had had for a while.

I contacted customer service because I want a refund of my crowns and they have not responded, not even to acknowledge that I sent them a problem.

This is a RIP OFF. I find no where in the deck instructions or anything where it says that it will do this. The decks have limits but I thought that was on the number of spells that could be placed in the deck at the same time, not the number that you could possess.

Can anyone help.

It sounds as if the spells were removed when you used the buy back feature. That feature removes ANY spell you purchased with a training point, not only from your deck, but from your list of spells entirely. You should be able to wander around and relearn anything that is missing. If that doesn't sound right, then perhaps I am misunderstanding the question.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
jmack1159 wrote:

Can anyone help.

Buy Back Training points:
You give KI a modest* amount of crowns and all the spells you bought with training points, and they will reset your training points to 'unspent'. ie, you 'unlearn'.

Buy back does not mean 'buy more'. You are still limited to the training points you have earned (1 each 4 levels until you hit level 20, then level 21+ every five levels, one for each of the Zeke quests, 3 for the special CL quests, and Merle gives you one early a max possible at the current time of something like 24 TP.)

*modest: I tried this function after it came out, actually just to try it. The cost to unlearn was under 5 min of my hourly wages...not really anything major.

Survivor
May 30, 2010
If I'm reading your post correctly, then there isn't a problem:

Buying back training points clears all the spells that you bought with those points. You aren't buying additional points to use to train with.

If you're Death/Life, and you decide you want fire, for example, you pay for the right to trade in all the life spells you learned and get the training points back. If you buy fire, and then decide you want some storm too, you can't buy additional points to start learning storm. You have to sell the fire spells and use the points you get back to train in storm.

I don't really know where it says this in the rules, but it always just seemed like common knowledge to me.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
jmack1159 wrote:

Can anyone help.

Under the tabs on the left side of this page, "Help & Support" and "Players Guide", it says:

"If you make a mistake, visit Mr Lincoln in Golem Court. He will let you buy your Training Points back with Crowns, and you will lose those spells. You must be at least level 12 to buy back your Training Points. This transaction costs Crowns. "

When you "re-purchase training points", you will lose those spells. It says so plain and clear...

Delver
Feb 25, 2010
And they typically don't issue refunds on Crowns spent. When you do buy back your training points, you lose all spells that are not in your school. This is the opportunity to learn new spells, or change your secondary school. You have to read the warnings and stuff before you do something. You are not buying new training points. You're restarting the whole secondary-school process over. Sorry. I bought back my points like 5 times before I found a combo that I was happy with.

Hero
Jul 27, 2009
so you loose the spells you used your training points. and you want a refund but\you have your training points to reuse...

sorry the points are now your to use but if you want the higher spells from that old school you used them in the first place you will have to go buy them all again OR...

go farm a bit and then go buy treasure cards of those spells you want.

and the treasure cards are usually stronger spells too.. but ...
remember when you use a treasure card you lose it too.