Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Training point sadness.

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Sep 28, 2010
Okay so I am like ONE level from 60 and I was just wondering if I can only get one last training point than what is the point if too get a spell you have to get all the spells before it like I couldn't just go to nightside and get wraith nooooo I have to get every single spell before that which annoys me so is there anyway that the staff at Wizard101 could make it so you could just skip all those spells before cards you want and just get the spell if your the right level? eh eh maybe please what do you think?

~Chris?IceBlade Level 59

Adherent
May 20, 2010
That would make wizards too strong. We'd all have the level 42 spells for each school.

A baby doesn't get to his/her feet and start running around. They have to learn to sit up first, then crawl, then stand, then walk, and finally to run. It's the same with any schooling. The essentials have to be learned first before the more advanced subjects can be tried.

Defender
Dec 04, 2010
You can get up to 18 training points from enrollment, Leveling, and Zeke's Quests. With 18 training points, you could get all the Level 42 spells and still have some points left if your idea came true. My answer to this is no. It makes wizards way too overpowered. You can basically have a max of 2-3 secondary schools (if you're focusing completely on that school).

So that would be a terrible idea. How would you like it if someone used a boosted Stormzilla, then boosted Hydra, then boosted Helephant, then boosted Colossus, then boosted Centaur, boosted Wraith, and boosted Minotaur on you?

Survivor
Dec 08, 2010
Happyyoshi wrote:
Okay so I am like ONE level from 60 and I was just wondering if I can only get one last training point than what is the point if too get a spell you have to get all the spells before it like I couldn't just go to nightside and get wraith nooooo I have to get every single spell before that which annoys me so is there anyway that the staff at Wizard101 could make it so you could just skip all those spells before cards you want and just get the spell if your the right level? eh eh maybe please what do you think?

~Chris?IceBlade Level 59

I have to agree with the others, having people able to get whatever spell that wanted would mean we would end up was a bunch of overpowered 'god mod' wizards that no one will want to PvP against, and no one will respect because you'd win outright in every single battle, duel and PvP.

I used to Roleplay with the IMVU program, still do sometimes, and as an RPer we understood that every character we created had its limitations, it's strengths and weaknesses. the same applies here, overpowering yourself turns you into a god modder, and in my opinion god modding is weak, childish, and down right inconsiderate.

My advice, dont look for the easy way to beat everything, enjoy the challenge, chose your school wisely and with reason and deduction, not every school is the strong, but not every school is weak either, you have to ballance the stronge with the weak, thats how you get great gameplay and great RP stories.

Be smart Happyyoshi and be a team player, accept the limitations of the game, for it is that what makes this game great.

Happy Hunting
Mike