Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Unexpected side-effect of the Dispel-Change

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jan 04, 2011
With the new dispel change, something got a lot worse...

PvP length... I just fought a 5 hours PvP battle today... The victor was the one who didn't have to go to work.

Heal + Reshuffle makes games very very drawn-out. I don't see the reason why Reshuffle is needed in this game anyways. How often do you run out of cards Except in PvP? Why on earth do we need the Reshuffles to be infinite? Why not let Reshuffle be limited to one use per card (you get it back in the deck after the fight).

There's no logical reason to make Reshuffles an infinite resource. A fight between 2 Life Wizard will go on indefinitely and that's something that actually need a fix. We don't want to reward bad-sportsmanship or simply waiting someone out of a PvP fight.

Mastermind
Sep 11, 2010
For those of us who use spartan (meaning small) decks, Reshuffle is one of our most valurable cards. For instance, the "Speed kill" deck on my pyromancer contains two meteors and a reshuffle - if I go up against an ice mob who manages to shield at just the right time, those two meteors might not be enough to kill them, and I will need a reshuffle to continue.

Or you go up against a boss that can heal itself, and you run out of cards before you can kill it again.

The disadvantage to Reshuffle is that it costs four pips to cast, meaning that for anyone who isn't Balance, it can be a bit of a gamble to use.

Explorer
Jan 04, 2011
Well, we could limit the amount of Reshuffle per deck... and make reshuffle not reshuffle itself or any previous reshuffles. One reshuffle + heal is still a finite pool of health. The problem is not reshuffle itself, but rather infinite reshuffles. It creates an infinite pool of health for PvP'ers.

Any life wizard past level 28 can draw-out a battle almost indefinitely by going full defensive. As long as he withholds 2 heals and a 4 pip attack to kill minions (going first), he can out heal anything. Combined with Commander resist or crown/pet resist, a sprite is the most efficient spell by leaps and bounds. A pixie of faerie can out heal any damage spell that cost double its pips. Once, my life wizard got hit by a flamezilla and took 450 damage unshielded, I healed 440 with my Pixie and then my pet healed me further... my opponent cursed and left. I abused health/resist's mathematical advantage to get a 82% win-rate commander in 1-2 days of PvP... With zero effort.

Reshuffle doesn't need to be infinite, that's for sure.

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
Was the dispel really a change, or is it a glitch? darthjt had told me that there was a glitch with the life dispel.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
This looks like a PvP issue and probably belongs in PvP. Perhaps a moderator could put it there.

I have no problem with eliminating Reshuffle in PvP, although I don't use PvP myself.

Eliminating it from the rest of the game might cheat those who are taking second-wizards through the game under handicaps such as only using the Starter Deck. It could also spoil it for those who like to solo the game, as a Reshuffle may occasionally be needed against some of the tougher bosses .

Squire
Apr 30, 2010
I am a life wizard and I have the reshuffle card. It is one of my favorite cards and it's come in handy quite a few times in DS. Not Celestia, DS! If I didn't have the card, who knows how many times I would have made it with some of the battles. I only have two in my deck and say an enemy kills both my minions(I only keep two at all times.) I use reshuffle to get my minions back and powerful cards back. My deck has over 70 cards in it.