Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Welcome to the Player vs Player Message Board

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 04, 2009
gd1234, I like how 20's get faced against 40's. Without this everyone would low level pvp and be warlord without a challenge. So i believe that low levels should face higher levels so it keeps people honest. And if people don't like this then get to level 60.

A concern I do have with pvp is that there is to much advantage in going first. I am a warlord thus I pvp a lot. I have seen a trend that is if you go first you most likely will win. So I think KI should make less of an avantage to the first player.
Thanks,
Austin
Austin Storm

Survivor
Apr 06, 2009
I love player vs player and I cheer for my friends duels all the time! But while i was cheering for one of then this other person from the other players friends started booing my friend and me for cheering her on! And then when my friend won the duel both the person one the other team and here friend called me and my friend noobs! I know it's not really and insult by here started bullying my friend and when I told him that's not right and he cheered for his friend so i can cheer for mine he said whatever and called us noobs agian and then left.

So i guess the point I am trying to make is Be nice in the pvp arena, and should noob be removed from pvp text and menu chat?

Thanks!
S.DR Master Theurgist O. O

Survivor
Jun 14, 2011
Magica13 wrote:
gd1234, I like how 20's get faced against 40's. Without this everyone would low level pvp and be warlord without a challenge. So i believe that low levels should face higher levels so it keeps people honest. And if people don't like this then get to level 60.

A concern I do have with pvp is that there is to much advantage in going first. I am a warlord thus I pvp a lot. I have seen a trend that is if you go first you most likely will win. So I think KI should make less of an avantage to the first player.
Thanks,
Austin
Austin Storm

this little problem can be fixed by alternating who goes first by round.

the warlord at low lvl pvp is still a problem do to high lvl hand me downs
I think the most importaiint of all things woulf be to abolish treasure cards. or simply make the spells have the lvl requirement. it is just dumb to be in low and mid lvl pvp (I pvp every 10 lvls for anthems and ring) to go up against lvl 55 spells. In this yes I could farm with my 55 myth and hand down the card also but I beleive myself to be better than that.

the second most importaint would be to add that dang DRAW I just sat out a hour pass battle and it is no fun but I will not flee!

Survivor
May 27, 2009
gd1234 wrote:
Is KI going to fix the PvP anytime soon like restricting it to levels 1-10, 11-20, ect or have a simular system like the non-rank pvp? Instead of this ranking system you have in place where a level 20 gets pited against a level 40 because of his rank.

You really need to let us know so we can either pick up a new MMO or accept that KI is not going to do anything about dueling situation and just live with it so we can stop making a lot of threads on the subject.

Thx

I have been haveing that same trouble too. Like today i was in a pvp and i was against a lvl 60 ice guy and on the second round i got knocked out. Or i have fought a level 3 or4 storm guy. I think it should be quote ranked by level not by rank. :D
Robert Ruby Catcher Level 38 Fire

Survivor
Jun 14, 2011
robby4321 wrote:
gd1234 wrote:
Is KI going to fix the PvP anytime soon like restricting it to levels 1-10, 11-20, ect or have a simular system like the non-rank pvp? Instead of this ranking system you have in place where a level 20 gets pited against a level 40 because of his rank.

You really need to let us know so we can either pick up a new MMO or accept that KI is not going to do anything about dueling situation and just live with it so we can stop making a lot of threads on the subject.

Thx

I have been haveing that same trouble too. Like today i was in a pvp and i was against a lvl 60 ice guy and on the second round i got knocked out. Or i have fought a level 3 or4 storm guy. I think it should be quote ranked by level not by rank. :D

I can see that as a small problem, in this I am guessing you either have advanage mage such as a myth that can almost not be stopped in low lvl pvp or you are using treasure cards witch IMO classes you as the cards you are using. I would absolutly love to see pvp lvl based but for this to happen spells themselves would need to lvl required themselves, othrwise you could be a lvl 10 gpoing up against spells of a lvl 58, and that is more wrong than a lvl 10 with lvl 58 spells going up against a lvl 60

Explorer
Sep 20, 2011
Professor Greyrose wrote:
Since we've introduced our new Player vs Player system, there have been questions, kudos and comments. This is the place for all of those!

Enjoy!

How unfair is PvP??
I am knight lvl 40 and just had to fight a lvl 60 balance that of course killed me with one hit of more than 5000 damage.

How is it possible that they matched this kind of fight? even if he was private doesn't matter. Something should be done about this.

But that's not all... at the top of it i lost -25 points and he got +25 which made me lose rank and needed at least 4 more fights to recover my rank.

Wizard101 really should do something and I want back my points!!

Please give me an answer on why this happens

M

Survivor
Dec 28, 2010
Hello well just here tell you wizard only care about money i lose to pvp 26 death i am 18 death with reshuffle he train in reshuffle need learn have a lvl cap cant match people cant win i didnt go first but still i have reshuffle and death shields in treasures still cant win lvl cap some thing need do even lvl field like 1-9 10-19 20-29 and so on this will help everyone learn how pvp plus this will clear all issue up with lvl cap. But i forget wizard dont care they never fix pvp all they do come out with new pets now for money. Well here good reason about how take care people you want want want thats it i give example/You want game mmo of the year so give people vote for you how lame is that try cheat way to tope cant fix game think people adult any way will vote for you i think not going start play another game wizard get lame they take away all fun for the playersthey just want your money. No point in renew my membership i take my 60.00 month to anyther game where they want to listen plus if have problem they dont help you send out e-mail say in tell me problem i try so many times now they dont even respond good luck wizard101 hope go bankrupt

Survivor
Dec 28, 2010
Hello again today try come back play see fix pvp lvl 32 balance against lvl 18 death well again i am in full warlord gear still one judgment and trap i dead even with absorb on me so this why say set lvl cap i lose 27 points this game just lame lame lame just like people make it yup time do to different game. Need set lvl cap on people not about rank its about lvl cant real block this and cant even reshuffle without treausre. So when think you fix it some time year 2015 lame game not same any more.All these people care about is money find new game people.

Survivor
Jun 14, 2011
I think you guys just do not get it, only way lvl bassed pvp will work is if they take your treasure cards away, and than you will cry because you have to rely on your own mage,

If they made things lvl bassed it would have to include the making a lvl requirement for the spell use, including the pet cards, and also lvl cap the gear and rank per lvl range so one could not simply use treasue cards and pet spells to get up to warlord aquire the gear and just desimate all the noobs,

I am deffinatly with you on the lvl cap though, I just think you shoud have to use what is available to you and have little to no reason to remain such low lvl in pvp. xp in pvp could be nice to so those of you who do know what they doing can not reamin low lvl just to own the noob, would also up sails in pets for non spell traits and the sails in those who do not have membership would buy the pvp just for the ability to lvl up, in that would bring in more people so there be quicker competition

Survivor
Jan 17, 2011
Professor Greyrose wrote:
Since we've introduced our new Player vs Player system, there have been questions, kudos and comments. This is the place for all of those!

Enjoy!

I never Post here .. I have been Playing this game for about 2 years now. And i noticed something.. Players have been posting to you for longer than that.. to "FIX" pvp..

A: You havnt fixed it yet.
B: I dont see you respond to the players on the posts either.

So.. Why bother to have a forum on the topic if you are going to ignore your player base?

Next..

I am a very avid mmo player.. have beta and played long term 5-8 years some of the top MMO's out there.

Your best gamers.. are PvP ... they look at the content in PvP and and PvE .. base their decisions on a game by that. If PvE sux.. np.. plow through that get ur gears go PvP .. If PvP sux.. what do you do after PvE? .. Quit the game.. go play something else... Or.. dont bother to play the game at all .. why spend that time to get the gears and cant enjoy using it?

From an Experienced Gamer/PvPer to You.. I say this:

Break up your Levels so its fair.. a lvl 10 should never see a lvl 60 in a PvP fight.
Make a Team Ranking System 2v2, 3v3, 4v4 based on the Team not the individual.
Answer your Players if you are going to make a place for them to post to you.
Oh.. and .. Read what they Post to you so you can answer.
and Last but not Least .. Hold some PvP tourneys once you fix PvP

Lots of games get PvP right.. I love the idea of what you have here for PvP ... and know many top gamers who would enjoy it very much.. if .. you adjusted things a bit to clean it up.. its a little bit sloppy right now.

Please do keep in mind.. PvE .. they dont need crowns so much.. gardens.. bla bla bla.. its your PvP players that spend alot of crowns to be the best :P You should at least listen to us :)

Thank you for your time (if you read this)

Survivor
Jan 17, 2011
XIndeX wrote:
I think you guys just do not get it, only way lvl bassed pvp will work is if they take your treasure cards away, and than you will cry because you have to rely on your own mage,

If they made things lvl bassed it would have to include the making a lvl requirement for the spell use, including the pet cards, and also lvl cap the gear and rank per lvl range so one could not simply use treasue cards and pet spells to get up to warlord aquire the gear and just desimate all the noobs,

I am deffinatly with you on the lvl cap though, I just think you shoud have to use what is available to you and have little to no reason to remain such low lvl in pvp. xp in pvp could be nice to so those of you who do know what they doing can not reamin low lvl just to own the noob, would also up sails in pets for non spell traits and the sails in those who do not have membership would buy the pvp just for the ability to lvl up, in that would bring in more people so there be quicker competition

no. ur wrong.. level cap has nothing to do with tc cards.. if you can use it. .u can cast it.. but going up against a lvl 60 when ur lvl 20 is rediculous .. nothing like losing 20+ points to a cheater to make your day.

Survivor
Jan 17, 2011
PvP has been around for a long time. Its major content for alot of gamers.

Ive been playing MMO for over 10 years now. .and have always been more focus on PVP .. and use PvE to get the equipment i need for PVP

One of the things I must really agree on in this Post here.. is the Level Issue .. low levels should pvp vs low levels.. 60s should only pvp vs 60.

As for TC .. use what ya mama gave ya :) if you can get an item in the game.. you should be able to use it. TC is just another item as far as im concerned.. everyone here has the same ability to use it as the other. .. but it wouldnt hurt my feelings any to see TC taken out and it just be a "wizard skill" based match.

Also .. a nice addition to PvP would be Team Ranks .. based on teams .. not individuals. This would give some of the 2v2, 3v3, and 4v4 teams out there a chance to really show how good they are .. by moving up a ranking system as a team.

Another thing that is very popular in the PvP world is Tournaments for PvPers.

Many of the gamers I have met in Wizard 101 like pvp .. once you have done everything in PVE .. PVP is the next step.

Come on KI .. lets take PvP to the next level :D

Survivor
Jun 13, 2009
robby4321 wrote:
gd1234 wrote:

Thx

I agree i am a level 37 death and get matched up with level 60's

Survivor
Jul 11, 2011
i think that maybe the filter should be improved. When my ice character was lvl 18 he was pitted against a lvl 48 storm. :( (i still won but that's not my point...)

Survivor
Jul 21, 2009
I see many suggestions for PVP and no real changes. Just versed a level 70 (with critical abilities) and I am a level 29. How is that a fair battle? Any plans for more balanced matches?

Thx :(

Survivor
Aug 08, 2010
I am wondering, how much block rating do you have to have to ensure that you will block critical. I have a transended ice wizard with 113 critical block rating in a pvp i had conviction aura which gives an additional 90 critical block , giving me 203 block rating, i still failed to block and was defeated. so how much do you have to have? This is just one instance, it has happened many times with all my wizards, so I'm asking , HOW MUCH KI?

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
Hi, I'm Caroline and you'll see me in this forum occasionally! :) :D

Survivor
Jun 06, 2009
gd1234 wrote:

Thx
there is nothing wrong with low lvls fighting high lvls i have seen lvl 20's beat lvl 40's it rly shudnt matter

Survivor
May 03, 2010
First anything I want to say that I’m sorry for my poor English :(

I can understand what you do about balancing match but if you already balanced rank and level then why the point’s distribution is unfair what I mean is:

If because you are higher rank you have to fight a higher level player (that mean higher hp, boost damage, resistance, more spells option, etc no matter the rank) then why this player will take like 30 points from me?

I know is a private but is powerful than me :x

I hope you understand what I mean and give me an answer about it if i wrong

First account
Edward deathblood death lvl 60
Daniel lionheart fire lvl 65
Devin lionheart storm lvl 70
Dugan lionheart ice lvl 60
Daniel lionheart fire lvl 5 (pvp knight)

Second account
Daniel lionheart balance lvl 59
Daniel lionheart myth lvl 70
David lionheart life lvl 69
Dylan lionheart storm lvl 35 (pvp knight)

Survivor
May 21, 2011
Hello, I'm Evan, and i'm concerned about how PVP is set up. What I have came upon and noticed was a problem, is the fact of who goes first in a PVP. This is a major problem, as if the pvp team that goes first, has many avantages to being second. A few examples is, one problem is Players can dispel a player before they cast and the player loses the spell and the pips. You can't do this if you go second, i see that as unfair. Another problem is you can shield and possibley put weakness on the player/players before they use their skill. Their for weaken them or defend agaisnt them before the round ends. As i see it, i do have a idea of how to fix this. I think it should go The first person goes, then the first person on the other team goes, then the second person goes and the second person on the other team goes and so on. This is a way to solve the who goes first, cause you go back and forth, and their for each team as a chance to dispel them before they use that skill or put shield or whatever they decide to use. I feel everytime i go second in pvp, the only avantage we have is the stun, of course the stun affects you that round so it doesn't feel long, of course if your first you get stunned and you have to wait a hole another round, and either way its not fair, and makes a difference in the battle.

Thank you for reading :)

Regards
Evan
Transcended Theurgist
Level 70

Survivor
Sep 08, 2011
My myth wizard was a captain with really good stats, now my myth wizard says i have done 0 battles and lost 0 fights and i am not even captain anymore!
i am at lost for words. how and who can fix this problem. everything was fine with my wizard until i played the tag game in someones house. I want my badge back!! i worked hard for that

Survivor
Sep 22, 2011
The point scoring system is messed up as well, when an adept warlord fights a private grandmaster, the adept gets less points for beating a harder enemy, and the grandmaster gets more points for beating a lower level enemy. Another issue with pvp are teams composed of a novice and an archmage, this is sometimes called a puppet team. The puppet team fights adepts-masters and that is not fair due to the much higher stats of the archmage or transcended has compared to the midlevels. Another problem with pvp is critical, critical has no reference to skill of the player. One solution to this is to totally remove critical from pvp. Treasure cards are another issue with pvp. With low level pvp, about level 19 and under, treasure cards are overused to defeat the opponent with one hit. I say that people should be able to use the treasure card of the next special card they will learn, for example a level 58 myth will be able to use all tcs level 68 and below.

Explorer
Dec 12, 2010
Survivor
Dec 12, 2010
Anyone feel that when people are lv 50 and have a friend lv 10 in ranked then you are lv 10 and a partner that is 10 and you get beat badly and you lose a rank i get very annoyed by this i wish there was a better system for this. :(

Survivor
Dec 12, 2010
linzys123 wrote:
I was wondering why can't we be able to buy an arena and put it in out house? or buy a house with an arena in the game. I think that most people would love it. I know that i would, i looked for houses in the game but can't find one.

If you craft and become a master crafter go to Celestia and buy the house from the housing shop and you can craft it and it has a arena