Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Staffs and swords from Dragonspyre

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 29, 2008
hopefully the swords in mooshu will give you a chance to go in the middle again and roll. i got the sword of death. its stronger than my jade blade but i kinda hate the fact that it wont let you go in middle.

Explorer
Sep 02, 2008
So far the staffs and swords I have gotten are a little disappointing compared to the Mooshu swords. The dragonspyre ones might do a little more damage but they either give you 4 cards instead of 5 OR you don't get a gold pip (in the first round) compared to the Mooshu swords. I still use my swords ALL the time that I earned in Mooshu.

I'm hoping that eventually the designers will see the errors of their way and make the Dragonspyre staffs and swords BETTER than the swords from Mooshu.

Explorer
Jun 08, 2008
so far i have managed to get;

Life Sword - 1 pip, 4 cards, 95 damage
from - Zora Steelweilder

Balance Sword - 1 pip, 4 cards, 100 damage
from - Property Master

Dragon Rider Staff - 1 pip, 1 card, 100 damage
a quest from Ashley the tree, in the acadamy,

Survivor
Aug 04, 2008
For a complete list of Dragonspyre's swords and
other best gears from boss please visit this thread:
http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4930

Survivor
Dec 23, 2008
i tried the sunbrand thing, and i got a death staff, and i am a storm wizard. What is up with that.

Survivor
Dec 19, 2008
Flameboy96 wrote:
i tried the sunbrand thing, and i got a death staff, and i am a storm wizard. What is up with that.

this also happened to me...if you are supposed to get your school's staff, why did we end up with the death staff Lightning Rod?

Karic Ravenblade Level 44 Master Diviner

Survivor
Sep 22, 2008
Flameboy96 wrote:

Same thing happened to me, I thought it was pretty odd too.

And that death staff I received was called 'Lightning Rod' which sounds like it should be storm item.

Survivor
Sep 14, 2008
i got the sword from homonculus it does 100 ice damage My friends kept fighting and even though im in the atheneum IT LET ME GO IN!!!!!!! :) :)

Explorer
Mar 03, 2009
Perhaps those of you with the Sunbrand quest reward problem don't really have a problem. He could always give a death staff and the first poster could be a death student, therefore assuming the staff would be from the player's school.

Survivor
Sep 27, 2008
railom wrote:
Flameboy96 wrote:

this also happened to me...if you are supposed to get your school's staff, why did we end up with the death staff Lightning Rod?

I dont know I'm not the game designer but its probavly because they didnt make one

Delver
Sep 25, 2008
I just arrived in Dragonspyre. I'm a pyromancer so I bought the Dragonspyre cheap mansion worth 20, 000 because the picture looked better with the lava, than the dark 50,000 one without lava. So I had to buy the cheaper clothes after that which is alright. I still got health ones.

Anyway, 2 questions:

1. How come we can't swim in the lava, is it because it is not for humans like the water in mooshu we can swim in waterfall.

2. How come they put a picture of the wand if they don't sell wands in the shop?

Please answer!

Regards Mary Windstrider

Level 45 Pyromancer :D

Survivor
Feb 08, 2009
i do know that all the bosses in the laybrith give you a sword

Survivor
Mar 28, 2009
Flameboy96 wrote:
are you talking about ivans wand cause i got it too and i am storm

Survivor
Feb 08, 2009
berkmeister wrote:
i do know that all the bosses in the laybrith give you a sword
I am a master lvl 47 and yes all of them drop one but maybe you havent got one yet

Survivor
Mar 08, 2009
babciasal wrote:
railom wrote:
Flameboy96 wrote:

I dont know I'm not the game designer but its probavly because they didnt make one

Guys the bosses are "certain schools", so they drop "certain wands" your not gonna get a storm wand from a life boss even if your storm. It just doesnt make sense.

Survivor
Dec 26, 2008
your wrong the dragonspyre swords are batter then mooshu's they gave 5 cards and a powerpip all the staffs from mooshu and dragonspyre gave 4cards and a pip

Survivor
Mar 30, 2009
wizard2u wrote:

from - Zora Steelweilder

from - Property Master

ok maybe you can help me then, not sure if this is the right place to ask but, I am working on the dragonryder staff from ashley as well, i have all of the chests except the one in Mooshu, i have access to it but it wont open. is there something i am missing?

Survivor
Feb 18, 2009

Guys the bosses are "certain schools", so they drop "certain wands" your not gonna get a storm wand from a life boss even if your storm. It just doesnt make sense.

Not true Malistaire is death yet he drops a robe for each school but it seems like they drop at random. I am death and have yet to get the death robe only balance and ice.

Explorer
Jan 18, 2009
lmaox wrote:
babciasal wrote:
railom wrote:
Flameboy96 wrote:

There are some items that are generally of the school of the boss, some that are not. Whichever it is, it's irrelevant of the school you're in. If, because I'm a death wizard, I got only death wands and swords, I'd be pretty disappointed. The wands and swords from other schools don't use up my school's charms and wards, so they're much, much more useful than any death wands or swords.

Survivor
Mar 07, 2009
I am a life wizard who just turned lvl 48 and when I wnet to go see oakheart I cant get in his house and I've tried talking to him in other places what do i do?

Defender
Feb 07, 2009
redfox40 wrote:
wizard2u wrote:

from - Zora Steelweilder

from - Property Master

ok maybe you can help me then, not sure if this is the right place to ask but, I am working on the dragonryder staff from ashley as well, i have all of the chests except the one in Mooshu, i have access to it but it wont open. is there something i am missing?

I had the same problem but not anymore!
You have to do the side quests from mossback fro kishbe village all the way to the ancient burial grounds. And yes, shiritaki temple is there too.

Survivor
Jan 24, 2009
I hate that too. When I saw the sign for amulets on the sign, I was SO excited and then too seconds later, sad.

Survivor
Apr 18, 2009
thefireball123456 wrote:
redfox40 wrote:
wizard2u wrote:

from - Zora Steelweilder

from - Property Master

I had the same problem but not anymore!
You have to do the side quests from mossback fro kishbe village all the way to the ancient burial grounds. And yes, shiritaki temple is there too.
how is that cool staff from school and i want that so much so lol

Defender
Aug 02, 2008
My question is Why would any wizard want to fight with a sword
is beyond me and again why would any wizard want to fight
aspasaly (spelling) if your in DragonSpyre with a meezly damage
of only 100? Not to mention the swords are on a different pip scale too
to that a spell caster fighting without a sword.

could someone please explain this farther to me? ty.

Survivor
Apr 05, 2009
SyphaN wrote:
My question is Why would any wizard want to fight with a sword
is beyond me and again why would any wizard want to fight
aspasaly (spelling) if your in DragonSpyre with a meezly damage
of only 100? Not to mention the swords are on a different pip scale too
to that a spell caster fighting without a sword.

could someone please explain this farther to me? ty.

umm, some wizards like to fight with swords because they look cool, and the cards that come with it are zero pips and they use it to get rid of weaknesses and stuff like that. hope this answers your question. ;)