Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Elf animation glitching

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 08, 2011
I have noticed recently that certain spell animations are bugging horribly. In particular, the Fire, Storm and Ice elves. They are showing up as nothing but a large red outline of what the animation is supposed to be. I also saw this on Fire bats. One of my friends has shown that the same is true on her computer.

What might be causing this?

Survivor
Feb 28, 2009
Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
Anjeljr wrote:
I have noticed recently that certain spell animations are bugging horribly. In particular, the Fire, Storm and Ice elves. They are showing up as nothing but a large red outline of what the animation is supposed to be. I also saw this on Fire bats. One of my friends has shown that the same is true on her computer.

What might be causing this?

It's a bug. See the first post in this section called "SEEING RED ? Look here." The post tells you what to do to report it.

Delver
Jul 04, 2010
When they changed the textures, someone forgot to make sure all the textures were named correctly ;)

Delver
Jul 04, 2010
Ice elf seems to be fixed, but, the ice form of spectral blast is now a red box.

Survivor
May 23, 2010
Bellatormonk wrote:
The last patch caused it.

Yes, KI, there's an issue with the textures, we're getting everything as a red 'shadow,' even the transparencies. In my case, my wife and I experienced it on all spells cast in the ice school by all combatants, during questing. Logging out of the game and restarting it corrected the problem.

That restarting corrects it suggests it's in the game initialization, during the load/validate/patch steps, maybe a race condition, advancing the game start sequence before everything is actually loaded and ready to move on.

My hardware config: Asus G73 "Repubic of Gamers" laptop (Windows 7 64 bit with service pack, Intel core i7 cpu, 6 gig of ram, With ATI mobility Radeon 5800 series video. Trend Micro virus scanner in back ground, only apps in clock tray are video, sound, and wireless network controls.)

Wifes hardware: Hewlett Packard tower running Vista with all patches, 4 gig ram, Nvidia card. Didn't pull her specifics, but the difference between systems and hardware seem to rule out external causes.

Hope that helps,

Luke (one of Falmea's kids)

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
sumjedi wrote:
Bellatormonk wrote:
The last patch caused it.

Yes, KI, there's an issue with the textures, we're getting everything as a red 'shadow,' even the transparencies. In my case, my wife and I experienced it on all spells cast in the ice school by all combatants, during questing. Logging out of the game and restarting it corrected the problem.

That restarting corrects it suggests it's in the game initialization, during the load/validate/patch steps, maybe a race condition, advancing the game start sequence before everything is actually loaded and ready to move on.

My hardware config: Asus G73 "Repubic of Gamers" laptop (Windows 7 64 bit with service pack, Intel core i7 cpu, 6 gig of ram, With ATI mobility Radeon 5800 series video. Trend Micro virus scanner in back ground, only apps in clock tray are video, sound, and wireless network controls.)

Wifes hardware: Hewlett Packard tower running Vista with all patches, 4 gig ram, Nvidia card. Didn't pull her specifics, but the difference between systems and hardware seem to rule out external causes.

Hope that helps,

Luke (one of Falmea's kids)

"Wow". Dont' understand all of that, but I'm impressed.