Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

i want jade hound, any tips?

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Apr 24, 2010
Any tips of how to get jade hound? Because I realy want it. I tried hatching my adult satyr with an orthrus and I got a pet tree. I like my pet tree but I want a jade hound!!! SO SOMEONE PLZ HELP ME!!!!!!

Delver
May 26, 2009
Keep on hatching and you might get a jade hound, though the chances are very low. There is little success in getting hybrids.

Survivor
Oct 15, 2009
iheartcheesypie wrote:
Keep on hatching and you might get a jade hound, though the chances are very low. There is little success in getting hybrids.

Actually, i have almost every mix there is of orthrus. how? there is a trick. hatch with a jade hound and another mix. then, go in the sigil second. then, press ready first and, well it worked for me, you will get a jade hound most likely. :) :-)

Survivor
Nov 24, 2010
Sorry dude but you can't get jade hound. Don't keep trying man, you'll only get you're "trees" and more satyrs. However if you had an orthrus and you hatched with satyr you could get it.

Explorer
Dec 10, 2009
those of us who have been hatching since the cost was 105 thousand have many clons of the school pets around. i have 3 orthrus hybris:death, storm, life. BUT it took awhile and all of a sudden -BAM- i started to connect, i have also now managed the myth getting:basilisk (with hydra), Sandman (with colossus), and the Treeman (with life); ice hound (with colossus)

i been tring to get the fire,balance, 2 headed frost hound, so far just more clones of parent- but i will keep trying (same with my fire- have most of them, have all the ice)

I really feel that KI has increased the odds in our favor- not ALOT but better than before; costs are 33k for school pets, 43k if a hybrid or some crown pets, i hatch almost every other day if i want- lol ITS FUN LOL

training-- GROAN

i pass my pets to the other backpacks too - whoever has gold - sometimes i hatch between my accounts, sometimes a single hatch, occassionally with friends or strangers

I try to go to hatchery once in awhile and hatch with anyone who wants me and has gold, i dont know what the strangers get, but i have gotten my own back , or one one occassion, a heck hound , lol
i DIDNT CARE- i had mucho gold, and the low levels rarely have something someone wants, so no one will try with them

good luck

kira of many legends

Survivor
Oct 31, 2010
a way to do it is get a pet rock then find a person with a jade hound ( that might be hard ) hatch them together and you have a chance of getting you might have to try a couple times thought

Delver
Mar 08, 2009
drifter5130 wrote:
Sorry dude but you can't get jade hound. Don't keep trying man, you'll only get you're "trees" and more satyrs. However if you had an orthrus and you hatched with satyr you could get it.
Not true. I am a life wizard and have recieved a jade hound from the mix of satyr and orthrus. My life freind also recieved a jade hound again with the same process I used. Hatching, in my opinion, is the process of patience. You can't get the pet you want at the first try all the time. Thats how KI designed hatching. If it was that way, having the pet you want every time, you would see almost everyone with hybrids. That just makes hybrids less special. Remember- Patience. You need it all the time when hatching a pet.