Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Please please please!

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Jul 26, 2009
Please get rid of the timer for teleporting to your home and the commons! It's unnecessary. I often accidentally click the commons when I want to go home, and vice versa. Please get rid of it or lower it to 5 seconds or something. What is it even for?

Survivor
May 19, 2009
I totally agree with you.

Justin Dragonglade
Master Diviner
"We cannot descover new seas until we have the courage to lose sight of the shore"

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
The timer is to prevent lag. They're not gonna do away with it any time soon.

Mastermind
Jul 26, 2009
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:

It could at least be reduced to 10 or 15 seconds, though, don't you think? I don't think a whole minute is necessary.

Mastermind
Sep 11, 2010
Well, a minute isn't really that much. Sure, it's annoying, but it's easy enough to distract yourself for that one minute.

If it was 5 or 10 minutes, then it'd be another story. But one minute? Really? You can't entertain yourself for 1 minute while waiting for the cooldown?

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Every teleport requires a new screen and a server refresh. The timer is there to avoid the lag that would be caused by more frequent moves.

Survivor
Feb 07, 2010
I agree with the time thing. On another annoying topic, I logged on today, and kingsisle had just released some stuff into the live realm, the new houses, swords, etc. My friend and I relized we can't talk in caps, or press the shift button! Why is that, you might ask? Well, they banned it to if you don't have open chat, you can't talk in caps or use shift, but don't they see? Not everyone can have open chat, due to parents who are protective. Now, people who don't have open chat cannot do smiley faces such as this: :D or this XD, or anything that requires a shift key or caps. I do not think highly of this. Comment and tell me what you think

Survivor
Jan 15, 2011
Bookshelvings wrote:
Well, a minute isn't really that much. Sure, it's annoying, but it's easy enough to distract yourself for that one minute.

If it was 5 or 10 minutes, then it'd be another story. But one minute? Really? You can't entertain yourself for 1 minute while waiting for the cooldown?
I agree just keep busy for a minute.

Defender
Feb 28, 2010
Instead of trying to get them to change this, maybe try asking them to remove the ability for non-paying subscribers to sit around in the Commons using it as a social networking tool. This creates the most amount of lag on the system, people not paying just hanging around taking up server space.

Hero
Jul 27, 2009
CoopKoda wrote:
Instead of trying to get them to change this, maybe try asking them to remove the ability for non-paying subscribers to sit around in the Commons using it as a social networking tool. This creates the most amount of lag on the system, people not paying just hanging around taking up server space.

this i agree with to just hang online in the commons of any world creates a major lag in the servers.

i think may be KI should create a place to port anyone who just sits in one area for anymore than 10-15 minutes doing nothing ....to their homes and let them sit there if they wanna just sit or maybe in to an area of rabid Cuthullas[ level 16]
to keep them active or if they die ...then get kicked off server..
it is quite annoying

Survivor
Feb 07, 2010
shimmer123127 wrote:
I agree with the time thing. On another annoying topic, I logged on today, and kingsisle had just released some stuff into the live realm, the new houses, swords, etc. My friend and I relized we can't talk in caps, or press the shift button! Why is that, you might ask? Well, they banned it to if you don't have open chat, you can't talk in caps or use shift, but don't they see? Not everyone can have open chat, due to parents who are protective. Now, people who don't have open chat cannot do smiley faces such as this: :D or this XD, or anything that requires a shift key or caps. I do not think highly of this. Comment and tell me what you think

I know what intentions KI had in mind when they did this. Yes, people are using the caps to say bad things, but what about the innocent people? They never did anything wrong, therefor they should suffer no limatation. I think they should take all the people who have been reported more than three times, and take away their caps and shift key privileges. Even if people start quitting, anybody who didn't have open chat would protest, therefor causing an upset. I was passing by in the commons, and I heard people chanting that they wanted their caps back, people are already starting to protest! There will be trouble, unless they make it to where people get their caps back.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
catboy2197 wrote:
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:

It could at least be reduced to 10 or 15 seconds, though, don't you think? I don't think a whole minute is necessary.

Nope, sorry. The lag on slow/old computers and laptops is bad enough as it is (believe me, I know). Now not to be rude, but did you even think about the consequences of reducing the wait time by 10-15 seconds? It may not seem like it, but that's a huge change.

Mastermind
Jul 26, 2009
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
catboy2197 wrote:
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:

Nope, sorry. The lag on slow/old computers and laptops is bad enough as it is (believe me, I know). Now not to be rude, but did you even think about the consequences of reducing the wait time by 10-15 seconds? It may not seem like it, but that's a huge change.

How about 30 seconds? Surely that couldn't be a problem. I just think 60 seconds is a little unnecessary.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
catboy2197 wrote:
How about 30 seconds? Surely that couldn't be a problem. I just think 60 seconds is a little unnecessary.

It's a minute! You can't entertain yourself for a minute?! Act your age, not your shoe size.

Mastermind
Jul 26, 2009
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
catboy2197 wrote:

It's a minute! You can't entertain yourself for a minute?! Act your age, not your shoe size.

I find it unnecessary. I often have the wrong house equipped and then I have to wait 60 seconds before I can teleport again. It can get really annoying. You seriously don't think we could lower it a bit?

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
catboy2197 wrote:
I find it unnecessary. I often have the wrong house equipped and then I have to wait 60 seconds before I can teleport again. It can get really annoying. You seriously don't think we could lower it a bit?

*sigh* Okay...let's try this again. The 60 second wait time helps with lag. With every second you take away from it, lag becomes significantly worse. For people like me who can only play on an old computer or a laptop, the game lags enough. If the game's lag was any worse, it would be too slow to be playable. On more than one occasion, I've accidently walked into battles because of current lag problems. You might have some supercomputer that runs with optimum efficiency, but that doesn't mean the other ten million Wizard101 players do too. Not all of them can afford a fast computer. To be honest, I think the fact that you can't wait one minute just so the game can run smoothly for everyone playing is really selfish.

Mastermind
Jul 26, 2009
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
catboy2197 wrote:

*sigh* Okay...let's try this again. The 60 second wait time helps with lag. With every second you take away from it, lag becomes significantly worse. For people like me who can only play on an old computer or a laptop, the game lags enough. If the game's lag was any worse, it would be too slow to be playable. On more than one occasion, I've accidently walked into battles because of current lag problems. You might have some supercomputer that runs with optimum efficiency, but that doesn't mean the other ten million Wizard101 players do too. Not all of them can afford a fast computer. To be honest, I think the fact that you can't wait one minute just so the game can run smoothly for everyone playing is really selfish.

Okay, I apologize. I was unaware that the teleport timer helped prevent lag so much.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
shimmer123127 wrote:
shimmer123127 wrote:

I know what intentions KI had in mind when they did this. Yes, people are using the caps to say bad things, but what about the innocent people? They never did anything wrong, therefor they should suffer no limatation. I think they should take all the people who have been reported more than three times, and take away their caps and shift key privileges. Even if people start quitting, anybody who didn't have open chat would protest, therefor causing an upset. I was passing by in the commons, and I heard people chanting that they wanted their caps back, people are already starting to protest! There will be trouble, unless they make it to where people get their caps back.

If you read the update on this issue, then you know that getting caps back is not likely to happen anytime soon.

I am a grandmother and yes, I have open chat. But if it means that I can't use caps just to keep the foul language down then I say GREAT MOVE KI.

The fact that KI has manage to create (as far as I am concerned) THE BEST multiplayer game and trying to keep it kid friendly has become a challenge for them. My friends and I really enjoy playing this game but not the language. We don't use it in the game or out. We are here to have good clean fun and hopefully, teach others that you don't have to use bad language to do so.

I would hate to see KI have to ban chat altogether and hope it never comes to that. The sooner everyone learns that the bad language is not tolerated, the better it will be for all of us.

So have FUN. That is what this game is about.

Thank you KI for the great work you are doing.

Fallon Winterleaf
Legendary Theurgist

Survivor
Oct 01, 2010
goldendragon18 i agree with you there 100 perc i play this game with my children, they simply LOVE wizard101 and so do I; this is actually the first game i have come across that everyone in the family enjoys, and it teaches strategies.
On more then one occasion I past by and people where talking so horrible, I had to close my youngest son's chat because of It. My 6 year old nor my 9 year old even my 12 year old shouldn't have to be subjected to such language. So, I agree with KI blocking caplock and shift key.

As for the 60 seconds wait.... I don't see how that's so hard to do, 1 min is not a big deal catboy2197

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Miztenshi wrote:
goldendragon18 i agree with you there 100 perc i play this game with my children, they simply LOVE wizard101 and so do I; this is actually the first game i have come across that everyone in the family enjoys, and it teaches strategies.
On more then one occasion I past by and people where talking so horrible, I had to close my youngest son's chat because of It. My 6 year old nor my 9 year old even my 12 year old shouldn't have to be subjected to such language. So, I agree with KI blocking caplock and shift key.

As for the 60 seconds wait.... I don't see how that's so hard to do, 1 min is not a big deal catboy2197

Thanks Miztenshi. Unless I miss my guess, you found most of the foul language in the Commons and in the Wizard City area in general. The Commons is where I find most of it. I recently ran my Balance wizard against Malistair and had the unfortunate experience of another player porting to one that was fighting with me. He started cursing shortly after and I let him know that I and my other friends did not appreciate it and to either stop or I would report him myself. He did stop and appologized. I also let him know that the foul language could get him muted or even banned from the game. You would think that players would read the rules of conduct and play by them if they enjoy the game. But I guess just like in the real world, there are those that just can't contain themselves.

And as you said about the 60 seconds. I agree there also. 1 minute is not that much time when you really think about it.

Fallon WinterLeaf
Lengendary Theurgist
Legendary Pyromancer

Fallon WinterGarden
Balance lvl 52

Explorer
Mar 28, 2010
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
catboy2197 wrote:

I wouldn't call it selfish, this person didn't know about the lag preventing system, and neither did I until I read previous posts. >.< But my computer is reasonably fast, so I do find this a bit annoying, but it's not so horrible that it needs to be changed. In fact, now that I see the reasoning behind it, it all makes sense, lol.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Amethyst45 wrote:
I wouldn't call it selfish, this person didn't know about the lag preventing system, and neither did I until I read previous posts. >.< But my computer is reasonably fast, so I do find this a bit annoying, but it's not so horrible that it needs to be changed. In fact, now that I see the reasoning behind it, it all makes sense, lol.

I guess I was just annoyed since KI has addressed this a couple of times and as soon as I read this post I was thinking, why did he have to go and kick this dead horse? I apologize for my word choice.