Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The Efreet must be changed

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Apr 04, 2010
No offense to all you pyromancers but the only reason most of you are so good at PvP is because of your Efreet spell. I've used it myself and personally, I think it is extremely unfair. I think at least the weakness should be lowered and the attack damage increased or the attack damage decreasing. I mean KI said it could removed by cleanse charm but not all schools have that kind of spell. Let's do the math. A weakness like that is work at least 2 pips. So a rank 6 pip fire damage should at most do 700 Damage. Correct me if I am wrong. This spell does way to much damage in addition to adding a PvP unfair weakness. This spell's damage needs to be to 650 to 725 damage or -50% damage instead of 90. People always say PvP is all about strategy but you can just cast a Efreet when all your opponent's blades and traps are ready, do a whole lot of damage and make them lose 90% of their damage. KI better think about this unless they want everyone to quit PvP because it is full of Efreet pyromancers.

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
alanthewizard101 wrote:
No offense to all you pyromancers but the only reason most of you are so good at PvP is because of your Efreet spell. I've used it myself and personally, I think it is extremely unfair. I think at least the weakness should be lowered and the attack damage increased or the attack damage decreasing. I mean KI said it could removed by cleanse charm but not all schools have that kind of spell. Let's do the math. A weakness like that is work at least 2 pips. So a rank 6 pip fire damage should at most do 700 Damage. Correct me if I am wrong. This spell does way to much damage in addition to adding a PvP unfair weakness. This spell's damage needs to be to 650 to 725 damage or -50% damage instead of 90. People always say PvP is all about strategy but you can just cast a Efreet when all your opponent's blades and traps are ready, do a whole lot of damage and make them lose 90% of their damage. KI better think about this unless they want everyone to quit PvP because it is full of Efreet pyromancers.

A tower shield or 70% school shield will effectively nullify my Efreet. The 90% weakness can be removed with a cleanse charm, or used with a wand hit.

There's no problem with the spell, IMHO, just wizards who are astonished by Efreet's power the first time they are obliterated by him in pvp. (This group includes my own wizards, thanks to Chase Runner :)

I'm sure that, over time, people will develop good strategies to thwart Efreet, just like we did with stun chaining and Wild Bolt spamming, even before KI changed them.

Scarlet Ravensong, Pyromanceress

Defender
Mar 27, 2010
alanthewizard101 wrote:

doesnt earthquake and power nova do almost the same thing

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
alanthewizard101 wrote:

I happen to like Efreet the way it is. PvP is not the same as going out and fighting a big boss in PvE. And as it has been stated in other posts about some of the spells, PvP is not a required part of the game itself. It is only a sideline to give players something else to do.

Myself, I would not care if PvP were completely removed, but I won't try to stop someone from playing if that is what they want to do. Those who do Pvp need to be aware that there are newer and stronger spells that can do a lot of damage. If you are not prepared to face those who have those spells, then I would suggest you pay attention to the level of the players that you go up against. The last time I visited the Arena-- ( and that was to watch a friend Pvp)--the battles are in classifications that are easy enough to understand. The classifications should indicate that the players have or may have a level 58 spell. (and I am not saying that KI should change the way this is set up) I am saying that if you want to PvP, make sure you are willing to face that pyromancer, or any other school in that category.

What about Forest Lord (life lvl 58), or Ra (balance lvl 58), or any of the other lvl 58 spells. I have seen some of them in action and how much damage they can do with the blades and traps set. Have you seen Efreet do 6900 or more in damage in a boss fight? I have and it is awesome. That amount was done with 1 feint, 1 hex TC, a set of elemental traps, a single fire trap, a set of elemental blades, and a single fire blade. I would like to see what it can do with some balance blades added.

And PLEASE stop trying to get every new spell changed because you think it is not fair in PvP. There are many players who do NOT PvP and don't want our spells weakened.

I really don't seen many level 58 players wanting their spells dampened for PvP

Survivor
Nov 01, 2010
Personally i think ALL spells above level 5 should be banned from PVP.

No blades, traps, shields, stuns, heals, crown gear/items, pets, ect.

Then maybe people will stop complaining about how unfair/unbalanced PVP is.

KI is not going to change any PVP spells. There is nothing wrong with PVP. People just need to learn how to use shields and heals. everyone gets like 4 pixies yet people rarely even put them in their decks. i know because i'm a life wizard and i'm CONSTANTLY getting asked to save people in regular non boss fights because they simply don't put any shields or heals in their decks. its annoying sometimes. sorry. learn to play!

Explorer
Nov 27, 2009
As long as every other level 58 spell is changed so that they are weakened, I am fine with this. Efreet is no stronger then any other level 58 spell. Taking it out of context of the rest of the spells of that level does not help your argument, in fact it causes you to lose credibility. The level 58 spells are a set of very powerful spells, that represent the achievement of leveling a character through the many worlds of The Spiral. You should take a good look at all of them, before you call one unfair.

Explorer
Apr 04, 2010
queenlybluebean wrote:
alanthewizard101 wrote:

A tower shield or 70% school shield will effectively nullify my Efreet. The 90% weakness can be removed with a cleanse charm, or used with a wand hit.

There's no problem with the spell, IMHO, just wizards who are astonished by Efreet's power the first time they are obliterated by him in pvp. (This group includes my own wizards, thanks to Chase Runner :)

I'm sure that, over time, people will develop good strategies to thwart Efreet, just like we did with stun chaining and Wild Bolt spamming, even before KI changed them.

You are partially correct; however, not all schools have cleanse charm, only storm does. So, generally speaking, cleanse charm will not help for other schools. Secondly, schools like balance have universal charms and wards and what do you expect us, sorcerers, to do? Use our wands and sacrifice all our charms and wards? I don't think so. This is why I am suggesting that the 90% weakness should be reduced. So pretty much, balance has the biggest disadvantage here.

Explorer
Apr 04, 2010
amiramir321 wrote:
alanthewizard101 wrote:

doesnt earthquake and power nova do almost the same thing
No, it does not. Earthquake does a minimum amount of damage and removes all charms and wards. Some may think that is unfair but it is also an advantage because it will remove shields and positive charms. Nova does not do a lot of damage and only offers a regular weakness which does not subtract a lot of damage.

Explorer
Apr 04, 2010
goldendragon18 wrote:
alanthewizard101 wrote:

I happen to like Efreet the way it is. PvP is not the same as going out and fighting a big boss in PvE. And as it has been stated in other posts about some of the spells, PvP is not a required part of the game itself. It is only a sideline to give players something else to do.

Myself, I would not care if PvP were completely removed, but I won't try to stop someone from playing if that is what they want to do. Those who do Pvp need to be aware that there are newer and stronger spells that can do a lot of damage. If you are not prepared to face those who have those spells, then I would suggest you pay attention to the level of the players that you go up against. The last time I visited the Arena-- ( and that was to watch a friend Pvp)--the battles are in classifications that are easy enough to understand. The classifications should indicate that the players have or may have a level 58 spell. (and I am not saying that KI should change the way this is set up) I am saying that if you want to PvP, make sure you are willing to face that pyromancer, or any other school in that category.

What about Forest Lord (life lvl 58), or Ra (balance lvl 58), or any of the other lvl 58 spells. I have seen some of them in action and how much damage they can do with the blades and traps set. Have you seen Efreet do 6900 or more in damage in a boss fight? I have and it is awesome. That amount was done with 1 feint, 1 hex TC, a set of elemental traps, a single fire trap, a set of elemental blades, and a single fire blade. I would like to see what it can do with some balance blades added.

And PLEASE stop trying to get every new spell changed because you think it is not fair in PvP. There are many players who do NOT PvP and don't want our spells weakened.

I really don't seen many level 58 players wanting their spells dampened for PvP
First of all, PvP is a good way to train but it isn't if your opponents are always level higher than yours and cast powerful spells that are just ruin your practice. Also, I don't think all spells should be changed. Only this one. People are always saying I should not argue over Efreet because Leviathan is unfair but if you ask me, it is. Think about it. Storm has the least accuracy and you can kill the 3 shots KO. I think they deserve to have 1030 damage and remove 2 charms. Efreet on the other hand is not one of your easiest opponents. I am fine with healers and shielders but this is just unfair. Efreet may not be trouble for you our others but it is certainly for balance. They cast universal traps and charms and I do not think you can get your self out of a weakness like that with a your traps and charms lined up like that. This is why I think the weakness needs to be changed.

Defender
May 12, 2009
There is shields, there is weaknesses, and there is a thousand other annoying posts about pvp so you should either stick to your quests or leave the game

Survivor
May 15, 2009
alanthewizard101 wrote:

Respectfully I don't think you know what you are talking about. As a pyromancer myself I know for a fact that i have a whole repertoire of spells to kill anyone with. From heckhounding people to death to spamming critical fire elves and finishing an opponent off with phoenix or helephant. I have fought opponents that have used that weakness in there favor. Hence, empower or that healing death spell (don't know the name). So Efreet doens't need to be change maybe you need to change the way you play especially if you are always getting hit hard by it. There are something called shields.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
alanthewizard101 wrote:

Oh, so according to you, now PvP is full of Pyromancers? Everyone keeps saying it is full of Ice and Balance. Now it is full of Fire.

What is funny to me, is the fact that there are complaints to each and every school! So, if every school is overpowered in one way, wouldn't that make them all equal?

And I am so sorry for you if you can't figure out how to take off a weakness. Here is a suggestion, use a wand! Soon, you will be able to use cleanse charms on the weakness, so stock up now.

Oh, btw, got a fresh supply of cheese if you need some!

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
alanthewizard101 wrote:
queenlybluebean wrote:

You are partially correct; however, not all schools have cleanse charm, only storm does. So, generally speaking, cleanse charm will not help for other schools. Secondly, schools like balance have universal charms and wards and what do you expect us, sorcerers, to do? Use our wands and sacrifice all our charms and wards? I don't think so. This is why I am suggesting that the 90% weakness should be reduced. So pretty much, balance has the biggest disadvantage here.

You can grow cleanse charms with the proper plant.

Since a pyromancer can only cast Efreet with 8 pips, its use is limited to every few rounds. Surely a resourceful sorcerer can find a way to break the weakness, and THEN set up for hydra or judgement. I known when I PvP with my balance wizard, I spend the first few rounds shielding up anyway. I don't even think of hitting my opponent for at least 6 rounds. If my opponent is fire, s/he is welcome to hit me first and break a shield or two. I'll respond with a wand hit, and then proceed to blade up for a couple of rounds, and then hit before my opponent has the chance to use Efreet again.

I learned this with my Legendary Pyromancer friend, Chase Runner 8) He pummeled me with Efreet until I found a strategy that would work.

Oh, and it helps to train Conviction to, to protect from critical hits.

Rowan Earthsong, Sorceress

Mastermind
Oct 11, 2009
Psshh. You think it's TOO good? It's too weak. It should do at least a damage from 900-1100.

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
alanthewizard101 wrote:

Yes and no. In regards to removing a 90% weakness, sure, you're at a disadvantage, but, from every other wizard's perspective, they're at a disadvantage because there is no balance specific -80% shield. Everything has trade-offs. If you're really going to get into PvP, may I suggest that you look at gardening? You can get a ton of cleanse charm treasure cards from it, then it doesn't matter if its a storm spell or not.

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
alanthewizard101 wrote:
First of all, PvP is a good way to train but it isn't if your opponents are always level higher than yours and cast powerful spells that are just ruin your practice. Also, I don't think all spells should be changed. Only this one. People are always saying I should not argue over Efreet because Leviathan is unfair but if you ask me, it is. Think about it. Storm has the least accuracy and you can kill the 3 shots KO. I think they deserve to have 1030 damage and remove 2 charms. Efreet on the other hand is not one of your easiest opponents. I am fine with healers and shielders but this is just unfair. Efreet may not be trouble for you our others but it is certainly for balance. They cast universal traps and charms and I do not think you can get your self out of a weakness like that with a your traps and charms lined up like that. This is why I think the weakness needs to be changed.

By the time storm gets leviathan, the class has access to gear which can make them not only one of (if not the most) accurate classes, but can also give them the biggest damage multiplier out of the gate for the biggest damage spells in the game. You reference storm's low health (I think, your sentence is a little bit difficult to decipher), but fire's isn't much better. Many classes, such as Ice and Life, REQUIRE blades to do significant damage. To them, Efreet might not be as big a deal cause they can use a wand of a different magic class to get rid of the -90% weakness, but Leviathan is deadly because it removes 2 blades. Everyone has something to overcome.

You are having a hard time dealing with this spell. That can be frustrating, but it doesn't mean there isn't a strategy. For instance... make gargantuan versions of scorpion or even scarab. I currently have a gear damage bonus of 53%, so with no blades a gargantuan scorpion does balance damage in the range of 589-650, 1178-1300 if you critical. You'd be surprised how effective that can be. You can also just cast extra balance blades while you're building so if they hit you with an efreet, you can wand away the weakness without fear. efreet takes 8 pips... its not like they can hit you with it every round.

Bottom line, I don't see that Efreet is unfair compared to the other level 58 spells, it might just require a different strategy. You haven't yet persuaded me that it is unbalanced.

Hero
Jul 27, 2009
why not run a fire wizard then when you get the efreet answer this one question...

do you want it changed?

all the level 58 spells can be make totally awesome in power if you learn
how to combo the enchantment of the spell with blades traps feints and gargantuan.... and have a balance friend toss on a couple of those wonder balance blades..

my Efreet hit 20,000 plus and it was awesome....

now i am working on my death wizard to see if i can do the same with the
bone dragon..

Survivor
May 04, 2010
Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
alanthewizard101 wrote:

As you can see, most players don't want their spells changed to accommodate PvP and the 90% weakness is a great help in PvE.

I you want to PvP, that is your business, but you should be willing to face the wizards you go up against. PvP is not the main line of the game. It is only a sideline for wizards to hone their skills. If KI started changing all the spells because someone thought it was not fair in PvP, then soon we would have nothing to fight the bosses and mobs with. Learn to use shields to reduce damage and WANDS to break weakness.

As Hobi stated, run a fire wizard and I gaurantee you will not want Efreet changed. That weakness may be the only thing that gives you a chance to survive a boss fight.

So PLEASE stop whinning and enjoy the game. We all get defeated at some point or another whether it be PvP or PvE.

All of my wizards have died more than once and that is in PvE. I don't PvP. At least not right now. I did a little with my fire wizard when I first started playing and died a few times there too, but I did not try to get spells changed because of it. I just like the game and the challenges from PvE.

HAVE FUN IN THE SPIRAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fallon WinterLeaf
Legendary Life
Legendary Pyromancer

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
goldendragon18 wrote:
I you want to PvP, that is your business, but you should be willing to face the wizards you go up against. PvP is not the main line of the game. It is only a sideline for wizards to hone their skills.

A voice of Reason!

goldendragon18 wrote:
So PLEASE stop whinning and enjoy the game.

A voice of Maturity!

goldendragon18 wrote:
I don't PvP.

A voice of Sanity!