Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Lv. 28 balance quest is destroying me!!!

AuthorMessage
Hero
Jun 11, 2010
Me and my lv, um...is it 43....that sounds right. Me and my lv. 43 death friend were working on the iron works (I asked him to help) when we were almost done I leveled up to a level 28! Afterwards I talked to Alherzered (I don't have a clue on how to spell his name, sorry!) then Za'ne (Krokotopia names are hard to pronouce and spell!!!) then Professer Winthrop then what ever the second balance teachers name is then Tinu Bach Mal then I went to Marley Bone and into the Mc Tavish hideout (I call it the Mc CABBAGE hide out) and then I go inside to fight two guys. My lv. 43 death friend who helps me (and I would not be very far in the game if he hadn't helped me in the past!) couldn't come in, which didn't bother me. Then I saw that the boss had 1,900 health!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! His helper had 1,300!!!! How do you expect a wizard in a school with the SECOND LEAST attack strength to defeat those guys!?!?! I only have 4 pixies and 2 helping hands!!! I can't survive that battle alone!!! If there are ANY lv. 28+ wizards reading this, do you know how to defeat those guys? I REALLY need help!!!

Jasmine Stormblood

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Most spell quests are solo for all schools. Since you are level 28, you should have Helpful Mander minion. Load at least 3 of him in your deck.

Since you have already gone against this boss at least once, you know what school he and his minion is. So load shields. I don't remember what that boss and minion is as far as school. My Balance wizard did that one months ago.

If you happen to get 2 of your minion to come up at the same time, use one and keep the other one on top just in case you need to replace the first one.

Load your best spells and trust your minion. He will be very helpful. I know this is not much but I hope it helps. Good luck

Fallon WinterLeaf
Legendary Life
Legenday Fire
Fallon WinterGarden
level 52 Balance

Survivor
Feb 01, 2011
Hi eggwig. Next time try walking around them instead of fighing them. See if that works.

Defender
Feb 23, 2010
Your Helpful Mander will be your best friend here. Make sure you load up some of those cards (mander is easily my favorite minion of any school, and the only one I'd use at higher level), as well as spirit shields as the enemies are life and myth. Don't worry about packing any elemental shields. Even if the enemies cast any of those spells, your mander will give you elemental shields occasionally. He'll also blade you, trap and cast weakness on your enemies, and occasionally launch his own attacks. So, be sure to pack extra mander cards in case your first mander gets killed. After that, just focus on putting together your best attacks, boosting as much as possible, and shielding and healing as necessary. Be sure to fill up your sideboard with some useful cards (pixie, shields, and attack cards) because the battle will likely take some time. If you have some storm shark or Kraken treasure cards (and the enemy doesn't throw up a storm shield too quickly) you can take out the minion fairly easy. Buff yourself with a balance blade and elemental blade and if you get the chance put a hex on him. That, combined with his natural weakness to storm can give you a chance to one shot him. Otherwise, just grind out the battle, doing the damage you can when you can, and shielding and healing when necessary.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
I remember doing that quest with my Sorcerer. I tried defeating McTavish at least ten times, trying several different strategies, still ending up defeated. Finally I thought forget it; it's not worth it. I have no idea how, but while I was in Big Ben I opened a crate that had the book I needed from the McTavish Hideout inside of it. I ended up not having to fight that ridiculously hard boss. It's a longshot, but try that.

Survivor
Oct 05, 2010
Don't panic, you don't even have to fight them! Just stick to the far wall of the McTavish hideout and run around the enemies to the crate. Hope this helps!

-Ashley Mythblade Level 56 Sorcerer

Explorer
Jul 26, 2009
Castagere wrote:
Hi eggwig. Next time try walking around them instead of fighing them. See if that works.

you just dont get the post, the quest is to defeat these creatures so to walk around them is a pointless suggestion.

Delver
Feb 25, 2010
I don't remember having any trouble with any of the spell quests. Maybe I just got lucky. The only one I had any trouble with was the level 58 spell quest, but I had saved my crowns just for that, to be able to get the henchmen needed.
If you sit back and analyze it, then it won't be so hard to do, trust me.

Survivor
Jun 16, 2009
lol i did it on my first try by myself O. o
if your struggling on this wait till you get to ds and cl

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
MANDERS! I never thought of that! I'll have to try being sneaky, but just in case remember all my manders and my spell that gives me health for my minions. THANKS!!!
Jasmine Stormblood

Mastermind
Jun 06, 2009
You actually don't have to fight them. At all. The quest is to open the box, not to "Defeat Lucius McTavish." If you hug the wall (I went right, but pick a path) until you're behind them, then wait for the minion monster to be on the other side, you can get the box and port to the Commons area or your Home.

Survivor
Aug 07, 2009
Ok, I had the same troubles.I don't think I've got the best advice but here's the weird thing.So,I went in and another guy was in fighting.I don't know how or why this happined!Possibly a glitch but maybe something else.
Sorry I didn't have any advice! Hope you get past your quest and try to get crowns and then summon powerful minnions from the crowns shop.

MeganGriffinSword
Grandmaster Sorccer
Lvl 50

Defender
Feb 09, 2009
boominn wrote:
Castagere wrote:

you just dont get the post, the quest is to defeat these creatures so to walk around them is a pointless suggestion.

the quest is to get the book, walk around to the back of the crate and get the book before you get pulled in. quest over.

matthew hawkblood, retired

Survivor
Aug 17, 2009
eggywig wrote:
Me and my lv, um...is it 43....that sounds right. Me and my lv. 43 death friend were working on the iron works (I asked him to help) when we were almost done I leveled up to a level 28! Afterwards I talked to Alherzered (I don't have a clue on how to spell his name, sorry!) then Za'ne (Krokotopia names are hard to pronouce and spell!!!) then Professer Winthrop then what ever the second balance teachers name is then Tinu Bach Mal then I went to Marley Bone and into the Mc Tavish hideout (I call it the Mc CABBAGE hide out) and then I go inside to fight two guys. My lv. 43 death friend who helps me (and I would not be very far in the game if he hadn't helped me in the past!) couldn't come in, which didn't bother me. Then I saw that the boss had 1,900 health!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! His helper had 1,300!!!! How do you expect a wizard in a school with the SECOND LEAST attack strength to defeat those guys!?!?! I only have 4 pixies and 2 helping hands!!! I can't survive that battle alone!!! If there are ANY lv. 28+ wizards reading this, do you know how to defeat those guys? I REALLY need help!!!

Jasmine Stormblood
Second leas-? No... just no. (Judgement anyone?)

Armiger
May 10, 2010
My suggestion is to get feints, tough or any other damage increase you can. Take out the minion as fast as you can, then work on the boss. Also, cast your minion, he really helps you in this instance.

Survivor
Apr 23, 2009
Your minion can really help you out here. Don't worry, I was stuck here too, I got out like on my 3rd time. Maybe a henchmen too, so if you have enough crowns, and it's like hopeless, then, you know what to do. Get feint, traps, anything you need, and do that. Maybe get some good treasure cards too. P.S. For the henchmen advice, I suggest the henchmen is whatever opposite the boss is. For example, if the boss is Death, A life can help out a little and heal you. :).

Hope this advice helped!

Kimberly level 47 balance

Survivor
Feb 27, 2010
maybe i shouldn't be replying to this because im only lv.27 (so close to your level!) but i would sincerely like to help, i think you should take a balance wizard (or buy a wizard from the crown shop) they can really help you with balance blade, shields, etc. then save up your swords and do a really powerful attack. even though i'm only level 27 i have experience being in ds and cl so please take this into consideration, sorry if i didn't help.

-kevin draketamer lv.27 balance

Survivor
Feb 27, 2010
meow5555 wrote:
Your minion can really help you out here. Don't worry, I was stuck here too, I got out like on my 3rd time. Maybe a henchmen too, so if you have enough crowns, and it's like hopeless, then, you know what to do. Get feint, traps, anything you need, and do that. Maybe get some good treasure cards too. P.S. For the henchmen advice, I suggest the henchmen is whatever opposite the boss is. For example, if the boss is Death, A life can help out a little and heal you. :).

Hope this advice helped!

Kimberly level 47 balance

i agree that if you have enough crowns buy a minion of the opposite type of the boss,

Survivor
Jan 17, 2011
Or just get more friends who can help. If I run into hard quest, I just wait till a friend or 2 is on who can help. Nothing wrong with a little help. Besides makes the game funner, when you have someone with you. It gets tedious and boring sometimes running around by yourself. Just my .02

Survivor
Feb 22, 2009
Wait till you see the fire lvl 58 quest 25 thousand health (sorry just got back from 3 month away xbox)

Sloan Darkbright Lvl 60 fire wizard
What is fire is awesome what is ice is not

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
bobtiger wrote:
Wait till you see the fire lvl 58 quest 25 thousand health (sorry just got back from 3 month away xbox)

Sloan Darkbright Lvl 60 fire wizard
What is fire is awesome what is ice is not

25,000? I watched a video of the efreet quest and I thought they had 15,000.