Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

An Opposite to Balance?

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
Ok, well here's my idea. I think we should have a school, that 'unbalances Balance'. So, yeah, it would be kind of a possible unbalancer school, but balance is just a little TOO balanced, get where I'm going?

Well, here are some spell ideas. Please, no critizising comments.

Spirit: A ghost comes out of the air and slashes thrice at the enemy, dealing 20-30 damage three times.

Disorder: 130-200 damage, a deck appears and it shuffles all around and strikes the enemy.

Wild Boar: 245-305 damage, a boar is resting in nature until it is awakened by its surroundings and it crushes the enemy, with a large spear.

Diseased Wildclaw: 100+700 health over three rounds.

Spirit Blast: 830 health, 535 damage, or 400 damage, convert half to health.

Chaotic Warrior: A frantic warrior appears, ax in hand, and suddenly, he loses all thought and composure, and strikes the enemy for 50+430 damage.

Blighted Professor: Malistaire appears, watching Sylvia die, and suddenly he goes mad and crushes his enemies for 600 damage, convert half to health.

Spiritual Trick: 600 Damage all enemies, stun all, and -50% damage to all enemies.

The professor would be rumored to have helped Malistaire. You would, in one of the School Quests, clear his name of the fraud charge.

More coming soon!

Defender
Aug 15, 2009
I agree that there should be another balance school because the current one is heavy on storm, ice, and fire. So one that opposes that would be myth, life, and death.

So, there would be a spirit balance school and a elemental balance school. forgot which was which, but it would then reenforce moodhism that balance is always sought but never acheived.

Survivor
Dec 15, 2010
wow...this idea is AWESOME I always focused on balance because its the most powerful school but an unbalanced school? that's totally wicked!! i think its a really good idea

Survivor
Jan 29, 2010
this is the first school idea i've LOVED i always thought they should add a balance school where its life myth and death but this idea is AWESOME! :D

Defender
May 17, 2009
Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Eh...I'm not thrilled about the idea of adding an opposite school to Balance. The fact that Balance doesn't have a weakness makes Balance unique and superior, in a way, to the other schools (which it's supposed to be).

Defender
Oct 05, 2010
i like the idea but can you post just a smidge more details such as acuracy, pip count per spell, and unbalenced enimes boosts and resists.

Survivor
Jan 21, 2011
alright here is my opinion NO, just no bbalnces special qualitie is that it takes allforces so it dosnt have weaknesses but that comes at a cost that is why its called balance so just no i honestly think this idea is stupid

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
azbycxdwevf1 wrote:
alright here is my opinion NO, just no bbalnces special qualitie is that it takes allforces so it dosnt have weaknesses but that comes at a cost that is why its called balance so just no i honestly think this idea is stupid

Look, if you've got something to say about my idea that's bad, do not post it here please. Now, how would you like it if I said Water is the worst idea ever?

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
ibeamazing101 wrote:
i like the idea but can you post just a smidge more details such as acuracy, pip count per spell, and unbalenced enimes boosts and resists.

Ok, so here's my ideas for that area.

Their accuracy would be 90% for most spells, their boosts would be of Fire Ice Storm Balance and their resists would be Life, Myth, Death, and Unbalance.

My idea for a per-pip spell would be like this.

A Centaur, Wraith, and Minotaur appear. They all get ready to attack, when they all combine into one Unbalanced Spirit. 150 Damage per pip.

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
azbycxdwevf1 wrote:

Then the game is CHEATING life, myth and death out. I myself dislike balance, as it seems as a CHEATING school!

Survivor
Apr 01, 2010
I have a spell, and a school name for this. The school- Chaos and the spell is apocalypse! It is a mixture of meteor strike, and earthquake, with a volcano miked in, 800-100 damage!!!! Final lv 48 pet- War Beast!!!

Explorer
Apr 20, 2009
the unbalanced school would focus on myth death and life since balance includes storm fire and ice
how does anyone feel about the idea of a hydra wtih a green, yellow, and black head haha? :-o

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
lucavee99 wrote:
I have a spell, and a school name for this. The school- Chaos and the spell is apocalypse! It is a mixture of meteor strike, and earthquake, with a volcano miked in, 800-100 damage!!!! Final lv 48 pet- War Beast!!!

Cool idea. Just, Meteor Strike, and Volcano don't make sense for the opposite of Balance, storm, ice, fire. So, I'd say Apocalypse is a cool idea, but it needs just a tiny little bit of editting. I say it should be like this:

Name: Apocalypse

School: Unbalance

Pip Price: 8

Looks Like: The ground starts to rattle. Then, out of the ground comes a bunch of Life, Death, and Myth creatures, featuring a Forest Lord, Skeletal Dragon, and Medusa.

I got to go for a second ...

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
kwikkar wrote:
the unbalanced school would focus on myth death and life since balance includes storm fire and ice
how does anyone feel about the idea of a hydra wtih a green, yellow, and black head haha? :-o

Yeah!

It would do firstly Myth damage: for a 40+180 damage. Then, Death for 300 damage, convert half health, and heal for 300 health.

Now, some more ideas.

(And thanks, guys, for posting positive comments.)

Puzzled:

School: Unbalance

Type: ???

Looks Like: A spiral appears, it spins, and it either stuns all enemies for 5 rounds or makes opponents more likely to fizzle for the duration of the whole battle.

Pip cost: 4

Obliviation:

School: Unbalanced

Type: Damage

Looks like: A horde of warriors appear, armed and ready, and they start fighting the enemy.

Affect: 775 damage.

Defender
Feb 23, 2010
I'm sorry, but I just don't see how you could create an opposite school for balance and still stay within the magical structure created by KI. You have the three elemental schools, the three spirit schools, and then balance which borrows from each to generate something unique. How would you counter that? You can call the school chaos or disorder so that the name would be opposite, but to have a school that is opposite of a school that takes from each of the other schools of magic, you'd have to create a school that doesn't have any real base of its own but that doesn't draw from the core schools of magic either. I get that many would like to see a counter school for balance, but I just don't see how it would work given the way the other schools are set up.

Explorer
Nov 14, 2010
No, really bad idea.Plus Balance has our own weakness it takes forever for us to take down balance ppl because we dont hav converts or plus 30.Plus your spells are really more of the cheating school.Your spell ideas are outrageus to much power for any one school.Really if they creat that kind of school Balance will no longer be the "cheater" school.Really think about it, it would mess up the game.

Defender
Dec 04, 2010
Balance is called "Balance" because it takes parts from all of the other schools and combines it into its own. Yes, it has its disadvantages, like having no converts, needing to know their team to do well, and having to have to take time to defeat their opponents. However, their are some pretty good advantages, like messing around with accuracy, weakening opponent's attacks, shielding, and healing a bit.

So if there was an opposite to Balance, then Balance itself wouldn't be unique.

Survivor
Jun 25, 2010
Great idea! I think the school should be called chaos because opposite to balance is chaos. I really love this idea. Wizard101 should read this. I would join this school in a second.

Jonathan Walker lvl 60 Balance
Jonathan Lifehunter lvl 42 Death
Jonathan Storm lvl 7 Storm

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
irishjonny wrote:
Great idea! I think the school should be called chaos because opposite to balance is chaos. I really love this idea. Wizard101 should read this. I would join this school in a second.

Thanks!

A lot of you out there don't agree, but this is just being fair to the Spirit schools! Elemental schools get all the glory with Balance.

Survivor
Jun 10, 2009
That is a very good idea but isn't that just like the Death School?

Mason Sandtamer level 31 in the Cave os Solitude

Explorer
Nov 14, 2010
mman17 wrote:
irishjonny wrote:

Thanks!

A lot of you out there don't agree, but this is just being fair to the Spirit schools! Elemental schools get all the glory with Balance.

The spirit schools are incorperated in Balance too you know thats why judgment is a angel like from the life angel, Hydra may be the elemental schools but how would it be created without a Myth story to have it be created up or else we wouldn't have the idea to make it,And we get something out of death the ability to bring back someone with our health spell.

Survivor
Nov 24, 2010
mman17 wrote:
irishjonny wrote:

Thanks!

just so you people know balance takes from the spirit schools too.
hydra and spectral blast might be elemental but I as a balance student know (from quests that I will not reveal).
Sean Dragonflame Level 56 Sorcerer

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
Tom5194 wrote:
Balance is called "Balance" because it takes parts from all of the other schools and combines it into its own. Yes, it has its disadvantages, like having no converts, needing to know their team to do well, and having to have to take time to defeat their opponents. However, their are some pretty good advantages, like messing around with accuracy, weakening opponent's attacks, shielding, and healing a bit.

So if there was an opposite to Balance, then Balance itself wouldn't be unique.

Part of the Balance story line is that sorcerers don't have spirit magic in addition to elemental magic because of the magical war. I think the Krokonomicon comes in to play here; since it has been stolen, magic is out of balance. Since the magical balance is upset, sorcerers are unable to summon spirit magic.

Ancient sorcerers had spells from all schools, hence the name and the symbol of scales. Balance is meant to sit at the center of all schools of magic. Emphasis on either side of the scale is actually imbalance.

I assume that the storyline will pick back up with the quest for Ra, but I'm not quite there yet.

I have begun to think about this aspect of the storyline as I travel Celestia. I trained in life and death schools, and have been working on strategies to incorporate those schools'damage spells into my deck. It's been working great against balance mobs and bosses in CL, but requires a large deck. Feint works nicely to boost 4 pip life and death damage spells. I am also crafting level 55 gear that has balance and life attributes. I should be able to hit critical regularly with both schools, as well as balance and elemental spells. The only school I don't use is myth. I've managed to somewhat balance out the Balance school for my wizard

I have a suggestion for a new Balance spell, while I'm thinking of it:

Solar Flare -- DoT spell that strikes with a tongue of flame, and leaves a solar aura around the target for 3 rounds. Damage: 1200, 300 first strike, 300 x 3 rounds. Cost: 7 pips. (I know this is wishful thinking :)

Rowan Earthsong, GM Sorceress

Mastermind
Jun 06, 2009
mman17 wrote:

Um, dude? Just suggest Spirit-based Balance Spells, if that's the point.

The antithesis of Balance is something that isn't itself, but doesn't draw on anything. It literally cannot exist.