Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Going First- Can We Flip a Coin?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Oct 15, 2009
I know that its supposedly all up to chance about who goes first, but is it unreasonable to give players a little more control before the match?

After all its no mystery the person going first has a major advantage. It doesnt mean they will win, but usually do.

Ever had those days where you thought there was a KI conspiracy against you when you were going second every time? Ofcourse its random, however there is a way to give players a vested say into the roll of chance.

When it says go to arena, you click the button. Right before the match you see two each wizards name with numbers counting a rotating cycle 1-100 very fast. Each player has 10 seconds to click to stop the counting. The person with the highest number goes first. A tie would require another round (would happen very often). Yes its still chance, but why let the computer flip the coin for us when it would be just as easy to incorporate out ability to do it?

KI can we at least try it in the test realm?

Survivor
Mar 02, 2009
I have never really had a problem with first turn superiority, but I see how it could happen. This seems like a wonderful solution for a problem I see many complaints about, and I'm with you all the way.