Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet Hatching "bait and switch"

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 24, 2008
I discovered by accident the other day that a pet I was hatching against isn't always the pet the other player will confirm, much to my annoyance and frustration.

I put up a wraith, specifically asking the other player if he was willing to put up his helephant to try for the hybrid pet. I view the screen and see my wraith and his helephant, so I click the check mark box and wait.

Next thing I know, he scrolled to a new page and clicked a Maestrom Oni pet instead. I was pretty livid because he just didn't understand why I was so angry with him. The way he saw it, I would get a "better" pet.

Because of this, I wanted to ask if there was a way to prevent this by automatically breaking the check mark confirmation if any player scrolls to a new pet? I realize this is probably a programming issue, but I can see how players might abuse this feature and offer to hatch one pet and at the last moment, hatch a different pet.

Has anyone been victim to the "bait and switch"? If so, I think it's probably an issue that should be addressed.

Survivor
Sep 01, 2008
I would of assumed that it was like trading; adding or changing anything means one must RECONFIRM the transaction. I think this was sneaky, and rude, of the person you traded, because even if they were trying to do you a friendly favor, they should of consulted you first... Sorry, I have no advice

Survivor
Nov 22, 2010
Yes, it happened to me once too. I had an epic storm hound and someone wanted to hatch with me, then changed the pet AFTER I'd checked the OK button. It cost me 28,000 gold to get another storm hound. I wasn't amused.