Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 2-18-11

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 05, 2009
I really like the crafted 55 hats.

My least favorite is the crafted wands. 20 to critical rating is not worth crafting when the wands that are dropped and auctionable are better. Since you introduced the new crown wand with 30 crit and 30 block if this is going live I think you should make the crafted wands 30 to critical block. Thus the dropped wand have attack, the crafted will have block, and the crown item will have both.

Survivor
Jun 19, 2009
The "Ring of Apotheosis". It's REALLY dificult to get black lotus and diamonds! That would be the one for me that's hard to craft. :)

Survivor
Apr 03, 2010
My favorite,and LEAST favorite are the same, the Grizzlehiem house, took lots of gold, and TIME to make. Was proud to show kiddo's that dad was hip, and spends lots of time on game also. Thing is after the aroma of completion was gone, and seen it had lots of stone walls, not to mention un-squared by just so much nothing fit perfect. The satisfaction turned to distaste, have four slots for castles, had four castles, but sold gh castle for a mere $5000. $5000, THAT'S IT, after all the gold and time $5000! I hope Celestia's craftable castle is WAY better. Don't play test so can't say, but say I hope, and hope I say.

Survivor
Apr 21, 2010
well i'd have to say my least favorite would have been trying to craft the grizzleheim house even though i think it awesome so it was worth it and my most favorite ummm i dont have one xD

Survivor
Feb 06, 2009
I love Wizard 101, it's a fantastic game full of imagination. Which makes me sad to say that I do not enjoy the Crafting part of the game at all. I have only done the crafting quests required by thr teachers and I am stuck on the quest from the Mooshu Crafting Teacher - which is very frustrating.

The reagents needed to craft are not easily found. I recently spend a night going methodically through all of Mooshu in search of Black Lotus and only found 6 of them. It's not fun at all to spend your entire night going through areas searching the ground for reagents. And when you finally do find one the reward is very small - only one.

Unless something changes I will be quitting crafting after I finish the Mooshu Crsfting Quest - that is IF I ever find enough black lotus to finish it.

Perhaps you would be willing to increase the amount we get of a reagent when we do find it? The least I have gotten is one and very rarely I have gotten 3 out of a find. Would you be willing to make it a standard 5? That way if I need 20 of something I only have to find it on the ground 4 times.

Thank you.

Survivor
Jun 17, 2009
The crafting items i like is the lvl 55 gear, most gives good crit stats. Only draw back is you dont get the resist you have with other gear.
One thing i dont like about crafting is the fact that if my death wizard want to craft say the lvl 55 fire gear, for my fire wizard that is not done any crafting. I have to either beg another wizard or start crafting on my fire to make the pheonix cards required. Why cant we get out of school recipes, even if the cards made would bo only used for crafts, unless your a wizard of the school the card is.

Hero
May 27, 2009
My favorite item has to be the Watchtower Hall - it was a great challenge and is an excellent house. Enough has been said about that.

My least favorite - and this is in total agreement with a previous poster -- is the gear, as he put it "too little, too late." I mean really, having the recipe vendors hidden throughout Krok may have seemd cute and funny to the designers, but having to wait to find yours until you are in the Tomb of Storms is ridiculous, because you're already wearing better gear that dropped long before. Remember how Myth students had to find their school vendor IN BIG BEN, (for crying out loud!?) before she was moved?

Perhaps, gather the Recipe Vendors for each world into one shop in the commons of each world, where they are easily found and can be consulted as soon as a student reaches that level. Hunting for the particular school recipe vendor is also a big turn-off to players. Having all the color choices when creating gear would be an excellent addition -- not everyone wants to be limited to school colors. Also, special touches like feathers on hats, insignia on robes and buckles on boots -- something that would definitely stand out from dropped gear -- would be awesome. Crafted Gear should stand out in the crowd and make other players ask "Where did you get that?"

I really like crafting, and I'm glad to see it finally come up as a topic for discussion. There are, however, many ways to improve it and make it more fun for the majority of players.

Survivor
Nov 01, 2008
BUT PROFESSOR! awwwwwww.......... anywho, the dragonspyre first one, um, uh, grimblaze vestment took me forever plz change that, i mean please change it took me forever for pearls then frost flowers? srsly? took me at least for months do finish that and, how about the dragonspyre thing? is ANYONE gonna help restore dragpnspyres former glory? maybe, even, uhhhh, the class rooms? i would like to see the kinds of teachings they had there

Ethan Firebringer
lvl 54
Pyromancer

Survivor
May 19, 2009
I love playing Wizard 101 but I don't like the crafting. It's hard to get the required reagents.

What if we could grow reagents like Black Lotus, Red Mandrake and Grendelweed in our gardens and harvest them for their own crafting reagents. I would enjoy growing the plant and harvesting it for it's reagents instead of running all over the spiral trying to find it on the ground.

Survivor
Oct 04, 2009
My favorite is totally Watchtower Hall! Even though it took a couple months to craft it (I got lazy sometimes... lol), it is huge and really rare. My least favorite? I would have all of the gear that isn't found in Celestia. It takes too much time to craft and you would be better off just advancing through the storyline, you'll find better rewards that way.

Community Leader
What is your ONE favorite ?
I love the houses/furniture.

ONE least favorite crafted item, and why?
Gear- I have no use for those, most of the gear I choose, I can obtain from drops or crowned shop.

Survivor
Feb 04, 2010
On my previous post, I forgot to say which were my least and most favorite crafting quests. My favorite was the one to craft a new outfit that is given while still at novice level. It was nice to have new clothes. My least favorite was the flamesoul cloak. Two of them. That took for-----ev----er! And then you give them up. What was the point of that? In any case, by the time I was finished finding enough black lotus to make enough black pearls, I had leveled up way past any need for a flamesoul cloak.

I heartily agree with the player who posted the remark "too little, too late," about wardrobe crafting. While I am glad to be able to craft new objects, I still have the Celestian crafting quest to do, which will also be rather pointless, as I am finished with Celestia.

I suggest that KI take another look at the timing of these quests, so that there is a direct incentive to create the items. Further I recommend that you get to keep the item or that something of real value in the game is given to the player in exchange for the crafted item.

Thanks KI for letting us have a voice!

Survivor
Nov 01, 2010
its really not worth it to craft any gear, as you can easily find better in the bazaar.

there just needs to be crafted, no auction gear for every 5-10 levels or so that is better than the stuff you can get in the bazaar. including power pip chance, accuracy, hit points, mana, and shielding.

THEN people would be all into crafting and the whole crafting thing will become re-vitalized. of course then people would complain about not enough rare's to go around. lol. ah well.

Delver
Feb 18, 2010
I'd say mine is the Watchtower Hall. It's really beautiful and all, and i think the amount of items you need to craft have been cut, to craft the items you need to build the house needs a lot of reagents.

Explorer
Jul 16, 2009
Professor,
Probably my most favorite crafted item is the the one that allows you to put gear on it, (like dress-up.). Mostly, because you can put stuff on it(especially stuff that your wizard can't wear), and, it looks very cool. :D
My least favorite crafting item is the first crafting item for the master crafter quest. That crafting quest takes forever.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
I personally, just HATE anything with golden pearls needed, its all i need still for the grandmaster artisan quest. Yet the armor is so strong and the best in the game. I enjoy fire lilies, since i can get about 50 a day if I tried hard enough.

-Nicholas RubyShard, Legendary Pyromancer. Cya in the spiral!

Delver
Jul 04, 2010
I like crafted gear because it allows my ice wizard to not have to rely on her weak ice attacks while she has a poor pip chance and no ice blade. The level 6 pet snacks are really nice too.

Anything revolves around black lotus and pearls is an exercise in patience.

Mastermind
Jun 13, 2009
My least favorite things to craft were the Cloaks that balthazar in DS asked me to craft and the crimson book stands. They required too many Black pearls, it was very fustrating especially considering I have 3 grand master artisans, so the reagents in shared bank depleted pretty quickly.

My most favourite things are the level 55 robes and hats from celestia. They helped me critical my way through that world which made it a lot easier to complete. I still wear them in favor of the level 58 gear.

The level 55 shoes were also my least favorite things to craft. They should give universal critical block instead of critcal block for just 2 schools or they could give a high critical block for your default school and a universal critcal block of say 20 rating for all other schools. That would be a better incentive to craft those boots.

Mastermind
Jun 13, 2009
Willowdreamer wrote:
My favorite item has to be the Watchtower Hall - it was a great challenge and is an excellent house. Enough has been said about that.

My least favorite - and this is in total agreement with a previous poster -- is the gear, as he put it "too little, too late." I mean really, having the recipe vendors hidden throughout Krok may have seemd cute and funny to the designers, but having to wait to find yours until you are in the Tomb of Storms is ridiculous, because you're already wearing better gear that dropped long before. Remember how Myth students had to find their school vendor IN BIG BEN, (for crying out loud!?) before she was moved?

Perhaps, gather the Recipe Vendors for each world into one shop in the commons of each world, where they are easily found and can be consulted as soon as a student reaches that level. Hunting for the particular school recipe vendor is also a big turn-off to players. Having all the color choices when creating gear would be an excellent addition -- not everyone wants to be limited to school colors. Also, special touches like feathers on hats, insignia on robes and buckles on boots -- something that would definitely stand out from dropped gear -- would be awesome. Crafted Gear should stand out in the crowd and make other players ask "Where did you get that?"

I really like crafting, and I'm glad to see it finally come up as a topic for discussion. There are, however, many ways to improve it and make it more fun for the majority of players.

Gotta say I love this post. I have no clue why recipe vendors are only accessible to us AFTER we have passed the level for which they have our recipes.

If you are level 33 in Marleybone, you have to wait until you finish marleybone and move to mooshu before you can craft your gear and by that time you prolly are nearing level 44 but would have to wait until you get to Dragonspyre to get the recipes.

Needless to say the Storm recipe vendor is hidden somewhere in the Chasm of the past!

Another point i agree on is the design of the gear. i mean why do we craft the same thing that everyone else is wearing? Seriously? I mean you don't have to totally shange the design but maybe add a few things here and there that set it apart from the regular gear.

If you don't click on someone and view their stats you won't even know they have crafted anything. i submit that crafted gear should be different or at least slightly different from th regualr gears that have the same appearance and should be availalbe in different colors than can be found in the bazaar or dye shop.

We want people to know that we are artisans and not just by the badge because meow master/ spiral geographer is way cooler than Grandmaster artisan

Defender
Sep 11, 2010
wow. did not know mannakins could "store" clothes ... slaps forehead many times ... buying THAT stuff back from the bazaar is gonna be hard ... lol ... and "bookworm" is NOT everyone's favorite badge?!?!?

Administrator
Thanks folks for the feedback! I don't have much news on crafting changes, but we're always looking for ways to improve and hearing what you think about things definitely helps us! Look for a new Feedback Friday shortly.

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea