Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

One more unlock for Talents and Abilities

AuthorMessage
Defender
Aug 13, 2010
When a pet hatches, it has no talents or abilities, and learns one of each as it progresses to Teen, Adult, Ancient, and Epic. But even at Epic it has learned less than half of all its possible talents and abilities.

What if a pet received one Talent and one Ability each upon hatching, and then continued to acquire them as it aged, so by the time it is Epic, it will have five of each? I think that this would balance the Pets out a little more, and make Hatching more prevalent.

I don't see anything wrong with such an update, so would any of my teachers and fellow wizards support an idea?

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
It recieves a talent when it levels, that's why it gets no talents at baby.

Delver
Jul 04, 2010
I just wish that pets always get their cards at baby. If my minotaur gets a minotaur at epic and at adult or ancient with helpful or useless talents, I am not going to take the extra time to take it to epic just for an extra card that may or may not show up with a reasonable size deck.

Defender
Aug 13, 2010
Angelocean wrote:
It recieves a talent when it levels, that's why it gets no talents at baby.

I'm pretty aware of this. But my request is that a pet does receive a single Talent and Ability at Baby. Come on, don't you think that would be cool? It would gain five abilities over the course of its growth instead of four.

Survivor
Dec 04, 2010
I have no opinion either way about a pet having a talent & derby skill at birth, but I like the idea of earning it by training. There is a lesson hidden in that.

But I think there should be a way for a pet to continue to gain talents after reaching Epic. Derby enthusiasts might want the same thing for derby traits. They could be gained independently, a talent gained without a derby trait, a derby trait gained without a talent.

Perhaps specific quests which do not give gold or experience to the player, but may give the pet more talents. As a consolation prize when no talent is dropped, give the owner snacks that this pet likes.

Community Leader
Think about this: does newborns know exactly what to do right away once they are born? No. Which is why we have to train it in order for the pet to grow and learn something new.

Need help with Zeke, Packs, Pets, Gear? Stars of the Spiral has guides for everything that you can think of. Click here to visit our site today!