Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why is everyone mad about balance???????

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 30, 2010
What is the big problem with balance? I see sooooo many topics saying "balance is WAY too powerful" but why do people say this. I seem to do just fine against balance.

Survivor
Feb 11, 2010
taskforce876 wrote:
What is the big problem with balance? I see sooooo many topics saying "balance is WAY too powerful" but why do people say this. I seem to do just fine against balance.
well you're a novice but I agree still balance is balanced with all the other schools even when they cast a full pip judge on you tower shields if you go first even balance dispel ~James Iceheart Legendary Pyromancer

Survivor
Mar 02, 2009
The people that say so are the same people who you beat in three rounds. They don't want to make a strategy, they just want to be able to beat someone without having to do any work. They are the whiners that exploited wild bolt to win without trying and the people that start cussing at you and being rude to you if you beat them. Ignore them, the balance school is ruthlessly snuffing them out.

Christopher Stardust- Lvl 20 Diviner
Christopher Waterwraith- Lvl 40 Sorcerer

Armiger
May 10, 2010
taskforce876 wrote:

People will always whine and complain to try and get things handed to them. Too many sore losers in the game, too where, if you can't win easily, they whine and cry and say you are too powerful.

It has been this way for quite some time now with Balance. Ice is now getting the complaints. Storm has always had them along with life and lifes heals. People don't want challenges, they want easy wins. Problem is, they have no strategy, they are a baby playing a real game, the only thing they can do, is cry!

The game is Balanced, No school is overpowered! So, to all you whiner, complainers, and cry babies out there, grow up! or is chutes and ladders too hard for you too?

Survivor
Jun 30, 2010
Jaypaw101 wrote:
The people that say so are the same people who you beat in three rounds. They don't want to make a strategy, they just want to be able to beat someone without having to do any work. They are the whiners that exploited wild bolt to win without trying and the people that start cussing at you and being rude to you if you beat them. Ignore them, the balance school is ruthlessly snuffing them out.

I completely agree agree to this. I always prepare my deck before going into a battle and i never expect to win in a few rounds. I take my time to set the duel up the way i want it with shields, traps, and buff and then finish an enemy off with a powerful card, which takes time.

Hunter Lighthaven, Lvl 40 storm wizard

Survivor
Mar 02, 2009
taskforce876 wrote:

I completely agree agree to this. I always prepare my deck before going into a battle and i never expect to win in a few rounds. I take my time to set the duel up the way i want it with shields, traps, and buff and then finish an enemy off with a powerful card, which takes time.
Exactly, they want to be able to use a blade, a trap, and a three pip spell to kill you like they would a monster. They apparently don't realize its PvP, not PvE!

Defender
Oct 09, 2010
taskforce876 wrote:

Most people say it's because of Judgement. I admit it bugs me A LITTLE, but i guess either because they have absoulutley no strategy or they just don't know when to shield on time.

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
People don't complain about balance anymore, now they want to weaken the ice school. All the topics you see are people basically bumping the thread by saying "Get strategy!" These topics wouldn't exist if people would just not reply to them. Let the topics sink to the lonely bottom of the pvp forum. This being said, the problem isn't the complainers, but the people replying saying how much they hate complainers. (No offense intended to anyone.)

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2010
I dont get why people are mad about balance in pvp, Especially since there is an unbalance(unjudgment) spell from the trainer in collussus blvd.

Survivor
May 04, 2010
Wizzgal wrote:
taskforce876 wrote:

Most people say it's because of Judgement. I admit it bugs me A LITTLE, but i guess either because they have absoulutley no strategy or they just don't know when to shield on time.

are you for real Judgement? what about heckhound it dose 25+ more damage and over time.
ok let say this

Judgement-5 gold pips that dose 1,000 damage
heckhound-5 gold pips that dose 1,250 damage + over time that 3.750 damage and think about Critical to

Survivor
Feb 14, 2010
[Hello. As a balance wizard, I took it upon myself to post a reply to this post. Yes, there are a lot of boards about "BALANCE IS TOO POWERFUL!".
Okay, so, let's go over the basics. Usually, the posts are about the spell Judgement. Every school has an X-Pip Spell, meaning it will do a certain amount of damage/health/absorb per pip/minions [depending on school]. Okay, let's compare the schools:
Fire~Heckhound: 120 damage per pip
Ice~Absorb Shield (Ice Armor) for self only: absorbs 125 damage per pip
Life~Dryad: Gives 200 health per pip
Death~Animate: Summons a minion of death for X pips
Storm~Tempest: 80 damage per pip (May not seem like a lot, storm is one of the most powerful schools, and with the right blades and traps, it does huge amounts of damage)
Myth~Minions: 0-4 pips to call in a minion (Depending on which minion)
and of course, Balance~Judgement: 120 damage per pip

This is equally fair. Each school was designed to focus on one major part of W101 Magic
Balance: Defense/Boosting
Death: Lives up to it's name (converting damage into healing)
Myth: Minions and mythological creatures (golems,cyclops,troll)
Fire: Lives up to it's name (Lots of damage)
Ice: Lives up to it's name (Resist,Health,Somewhat decent attacks)
Life: Healing
Storm: Thunder,Lighting,Rain spells

Anyways, hopes this clears things up.
I agree, Balance is pretty powerful, but it's definitely not the strongest, nor "unfairest" school.

~Ashley Summerfountain [Legendary Balance]

Survivor
Jan 10, 2011
I think balance is really cool! It can be frustrating when I'm fighting a balance boss. I have an attack ready that will finish the battle, but suddenly they cast weakness and the battle continues for another round. But I guess you win some, you lose some. Balance wizards are really good in group pvp. I remember my friend telling me that balance was a stupid school, but then she saw the elemental trap and immediately changed her mind. lol.

Death is still my favourite school, just sayin'

Survivor
May 04, 2010
Glitter10266 wrote:
[Hello. As a balance wizard, I took it upon myself to post a reply to this post. Yes, there are a lot of boards about "BALANCE IS TOO POWERFUL!".
Okay, so, let's go over the basics. Usually, the posts are about the spell Judgement. Every school has an X-Pip Spell, meaning it will do a certain amount of damage/health/absorb per pip/minions [depending on school]. Okay, let's compare the schools:
Fire~Heckhound: 120 damage per pip
Ice~Absorb Shield (Ice Armor) for self only: absorbs 125 damage per pip
Life~Dryad: Gives 200 health per pip
Death~Animate: Summons a minion of death for X pips
Storm~Tempest: 80 damage per pip (May not seem like a lot, storm is one of the most powerful schools, and with the right blades and traps, it does huge amounts of damage)
Myth~Minions: 0-4 pips to call in a minion (Depending on which minion)
and of course, Balance~Judgement: 120 damage per pip

This is equally fair. Each school was designed to focus on one major part of W101 Magic
Balance: Defense/Boosting
Death: Lives up to it's name (converting damage into healing)
Myth: Minions and mythological creatures (golems,cyclops,troll)
Fire: Lives up to it's name (Lots of damage)
Ice: Lives up to it's name (Resist,Health,Somewhat decent attacks)
Life: Healing
Storm: Thunder,Lighting,Rain spells

Anyways, hopes this clears things up.
I agree, Balance is pretty powerful, but it's definitely not the strongest, nor "unfairest" school.

~Ashley Summerfountain [Legendary Balance]
ty u

Survivor
Mar 29, 2009
Oukax wrote:
Wizzgal wrote:
taskforce876 wrote:

are you for real Judgement? what about heckhound it dose 25+ more damage and over time.
ok let say this

heckhound-5 gold pips that dose 1,250 damage + over time that 3.750 damage and think about Critical to
Dude Heckhound does 1,250 damage OVER TIME not 1,250 3 times. Barely more than jugdement
Taylor DragonTamer lvl 58 myth

Explorer
Dec 21, 2008
Ok I'm gonna make this very simple to show a quick and effective way to snuff out a Judgement spammer. This isnt too difficult But i'll go slow in case Some people decide to skim this and Attack me later on. This Tactic is more easily done for ice school as they learn the actual Tower Shield spell upon leveling up. But here is the base spell damage for judge. (this is with NO resist, damage boost, critical ANYTHING AT ALL.)

100 Per pip. So, Lets assume That the use of judgement is a balance wizard with 14 pips.

Thats 100x14 = 1400 ok now to snuff out this annoying spell:
Add one tower shield of 50% (the normal one)
Thats: 1400/2 = 700
Were down to 700 damage already! Amazing! take it one more step!
ANOTHER TOWER! (the treasure this time) Thats another 55% of the base damage so we have (mind you i am being lazy but the number is very close to make the point):
700/2 = 350 (minus the other 5% so we get something around 310-340 damage)

Wow! All but 2 shields killed judgement from a nice 1400 to a super weak 325(ish)! Whats so bad about this?! Balance isnt overpowered, In my opinion is actually UNDERPOWERED. Ra doesnt get the damage to do it justice and balance seems better off using Judge to kill a target. So come on guys, What part is overpowered here? Cause i'm not seeing it.

Delver
Feb 25, 2010
I love being a Balance student! That said, I have won 13 pvp games, and LOST 14 pvp games. Seems fairly balanced to me.

Survivor
Jun 30, 2010
It is perfectly fine to use judgment. Your smart if you shield you self so they can't kill you while your getting a powerful attack ready. Its called strategy. look it up in the dictionary

Survivor
Jan 15, 2011
samaster wrote:
Oukax wrote:
Wizzgal wrote:
taskforce876 wrote:

ok let say this

Dude Heckhound does 1,250 damage OVER TIME not 1,250 3 times. Barely more than jugdement
Taylor DragonTamer lvl 58 myth
Barely more but still more, and sometimes that 250 more counts for a lot in PvPs
"Liz" Stormcatcher
"Hustle, Loyalty, Respect"

Delver
Dec 06, 2009
taskforce876 wrote:

Hmm ... heh that's kind of funny.

Oh, I don't know, it's just that they have shielding to EVERY single school except for themselves, an awesome attack spell at LEVEL 28, they can heal, technically never run out of cards, give pips, buff, almost never be blocked (except for Ice), have elemental attacks.

Other than that, I think they're ok.

-Oran Titanrider, Grandmaster Thaumaturgist