Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Gifting question

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 18, 2010
Ok do you have to log out then log in for someone to gift you. I wont go into details about the story but the person said i have to log out then back in again for him to gift me. I didnt because i'm just paranoud about stuff like this. The only thing we did was talk and do a trade. Could he hack my account just like that. And then do you have to log out then back in for someone to gift you?

John Deathsword lvl 60 death
Andrew Nightblade lvl 60 storm
John Earthstrider lvl 36 balance

Survivor
Dec 31, 2010
Nope, you don't need to log out.

I have gifted many people before-- all you do is go to the crown shop, click the iten you want to gift, then click on the little gift box icon next to the color palette. It will be dark if you can't gift that item. After you click it, a list of all of your friends will appear, then click their name and confirm your purchase.

Unless, you don't have gifting enabled. This might be your problem. Log into the wizard101 website, click "My Accounts" under your name, scroll down the page and look for "Gifting". Click on the "enable" button to left of it and click "save" underneath. This should let you gift, and be gifted.

If someone gifts you, an exclamation mark will appear in a circle to the right once you are in the game. Click on this, and you will see what the gift is and who gave it to you, as well as being able to accept it.

I hope this helps. :)

~Sincerely,
Amber DragonBlade - Adept Ice.

Survivor
May 18, 2010
AmberDragonBlades wrote:
Nope, you don't need to log out.

I have gifted many people before-- all you do is go to the crown shop, click the iten you want to gift, then click on the little gift box icon next to the color palette. It will be dark if you can't gift that item. After you click it, a list of all of your friends will appear, then click their name and confirm your purchase.

Unless, you don't have gifting enabled. This might be your problem. Log into the wizard101 website, click "My Accounts" under your name, scroll down the page and look for "Gifting". Click on the "enable" button to left of it and click "save" underneath. This should let you gift, and be gifted.

If someone gifts you, an exclamation mark will appear in a circle to the right once you are in the game. Click on this, and you will see what the gift is and who gave it to you, as well as being able to accept it.

I hope this helps. :)

~Sincerely,
Amber DragonBlade - Adept Ice.
Thanks so much this really helps