Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

unfair!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 20, 2009
I just bought a YEAR subscription hoping it would bring me many advantages. Well I am sad to say i am furious with this game in krokotopia. I have tried 53 times (yes I counted them) to defeat the soul scavenger. and if you people replying on this call me a "NOOB" Then, well I hope KI doesn't allow that. but seriously, I fizzle more than a cast. I was fighting him multiple times and he hits an 83 on me when i have full health and when i have 200 health left, he hits a 219!! please fix this. I had a pixie to heal me and by the time i casted, and it healed, I had the exact same ammount of health as I did before it. please adress this to KI. I have read the motto that professor greyrose I think has and it is, "with persistance garuntees success" or something like that. well do you call 53 tries persistance?

Mastermind
Feb 16, 2009
sktbrdr87 wrote:
I just bought a YEAR subscription hoping it would bring me many advantages. Well I am sad to say i am furious with this game in krokotopia. I have tried 53 times (yes I counted them) to defeat the soul scavenger. and if you people replying on this call me a "NOOB" Then, well I hope KI doesn't allow that. but seriously, I fizzle more than a cast. I was fighting him multiple times and he hits an 83 on me when i have full health and when i have 200 health left, he hits a 219!! please fix this. I had a pixie to heal me and by the time i casted, and it healed, I had the exact same ammount of health as I did before it. please adress this to KI. I have read the motto that professor greyrose I think has and it is, "with persistance garuntees success" or something like that. well do you call 53 tries persistance?

You're not a noob. Everybody gets unlucky and frustrated at some point.

I haven't been to Krok in quite a while, so I'm not sure how reliable I can be, but I do know that enemies may be stronger tha they seem at first glance.

I'm pretty sure that 53 times is a little inaccurate... If you fight the same enemy fifty-three times and still can't win, chances are, you're doing something wrong.

Keep your health high, first of all. Enemies can surprise you with hard-hitting finishers.

Next, try to boost your attacks with blades and traps whenever you can.

Finally, as a fail-safe. Mark your location before battles, then try to kill the minion first. If you kill the minion first, then die afterwards, you can teleport back to your location and the boss will be alone. This doesn't work if you kill the boss first, so leve him for last.

I hope this helped somewhat.

Jack Fireheart Level 60 Pyromancer

Survivor
Nov 19, 2010
If you are having that hard of a time defeating a boss, then you are definately doing something wrong.

What shcool are you? If you are Death, then you are going to have a harder time against the soul scavenger because of his resistance. If you are Storm, then that explains your high fizzle rate. Some of it is just bad luck.

Don't let your health drop so low. Cast healing spells when your health has dropped enough that the full healing amount of the spell will be added to your health. So if you have Pixie, use it when your health has dropped by 400 or more.

Another possibility is you level isn't high enough. Did you do all of the side quests along the way? If you skipped some, go back and do them to gain another level or two. That might just make the difference.

You could also just get help. If you are trying to do the fight on your own and keep failing, wait until someone else comes along to do the fight and join them. You could also go to the oasis and ask someone for help.

Survivor
Apr 20, 2009
Superwiz1560 wrote:
sktbrdr87 wrote:

You're not a noob. Everybody gets unlucky and frustrated at some point.

I haven't been to Krok in quite a while, so I'm not sure how reliable I can be, but I do know that enemies may be stronger tha they seem at first glance.

I'm pretty sure that 53 times is a little inaccurate... If you fight the same enemy fifty-three times and still can't win, chances are, you're doing something wrong.

Keep your health high, first of all. Enemies can surprise you with hard-hitting finishers.

Next, try to boost your attacks with blades and traps whenever you can.

Finally, as a fail-safe. Mark your location before battles, then try to kill the minion first. If you kill the minion first, then die afterwards, you can teleport back to your location and the boss will be alone. This doesn't work if you kill the boss first, so leve him for last.

I hope this helped somewhat.

Jack Fireheart Level 60 Pyromancer
Thanks man, that really helped. I didn't know the thing about the minion. At least I finished him. The reason I was so mad was because think about being a level 19 pyromancer, with 20 exp left to level up, and you just have to complete that one quest to go to grizzelhiem. That was why I was so mad. I did though go to grizzelhiem.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
If you really want some helpful advice, you might consider sharing what school you are, what level you are, etc. Simply ranting and complaining won't help you at all.

Knowing nothing about your school and level, I can only hazard a guess as to the source of the persistant problem you're having. However, I can give some general advice that supplements the post above mine.

First, be sure you have some shields in your spell deck. Since the Soul Scavenger is death, invest in some death shields if you don't already have some. You can buy them as Treasure Cards, or train for them. A couple of shields at the right time can spare you a great deal of damage. If you are Life, use your shields to protect you against his spells.

Second, if you are an elemental school (Fire, Ice, or Storm), do what you can to get clothing to boost your accuracy. Fizzling spells can cost you a battle.

Third, you should be sure to use whatever blades and traps you have available to you to boost your damage. Once you've passed level 20, go to Niles the Balance Tree and train for either Spirit or Elemental blades and traps. Especially if you are Ice or Balance, you should get the Elemental Traps and Blades as soon as possible.

If you are Death, put in your conversion Prizms and USE them! These will convert your Death spells to Life and do a lot of damage on the Soul Scavenger.

If you are Myth, pull out your strongest minion and work with him on the same enemy. Together, you can pile on more damage than by working separately. Often, it's best to do some damage to the Boss's minion first. Then, you pull out your minion and he will hopefully go for the already damaged enemy.

Strategy is important. Take out the minion, FIRST and ALWAYS first. Never, ever, try to take the boss first. You will loose more often than you win that way.

And finally, if this battle is really and truly this far beyond your reach, put it aside. You may be fighting a boss you're not really ready to face. Work on some other quests, level up, maybe gain a new spell, and then try again later. My Ice wizard got creamed trying to fight Kai Amate, so she waited a bit and worked on other quests. After completing two side quests and leveling up enough to get her Ice Wyrven, she went back and Kai Amate was a breeze.

Good luck.

Survivor
Apr 20, 2009
Freshta wrote:
If you really want some helpful advice, you might consider sharing what school you are, what level you are, etc. Simply ranting and complaining won't help you at all.

Knowing nothing about your school and level, I can only hazard a guess as to the source of the persistant problem you're having. However, I can give some general advice that supplements the post above mine.

First, be sure you have some shields in your spell deck. Since the Soul Scavenger is death, invest in some death shields if you don't already have some. You can buy them as Treasure Cards, or train for them. A couple of shields at the right time can spare you a great deal of damage. If you are Life, use your shields to protect you against his spells.

Second, if you are an elemental school (Fire, Ice, or Storm), do what you can to get clothing to boost your accuracy. Fizzling spells can cost you a battle.

Third, you should be sure to use whatever blades and traps you have available to you to boost your damage. Once you've passed level 20, go to Niles the Balance Tree and train for either Spirit or Elemental blades and traps. Especially if you are Ice or Balance, you should get the Elemental Traps and Blades as soon as possible.

If you are Death, put in your conversion Prizms and USE them! These will convert your Death spells to Life and do a lot of damage on the Soul Scavenger.

If you are Myth, pull out your strongest minion and work with him on the same enemy. Together, you can pile on more damage than by working separately. Often, it's best to do some damage to the Boss's minion first. Then, you pull out your minion and he will hopefully go for the already damaged enemy.

Strategy is important. Take out the minion, FIRST and ALWAYS first. Never, ever, try to take the boss first. You will loose more often than you win that way.

And finally, if this battle is really and truly this far beyond your reach, put it aside. You may be fighting a boss you're not really ready to face. Work on some other quests, level up, maybe gain a new spell, and then try again later. My Ice wizard got creamed trying to fight Kai Amate, so she waited a bit and worked on other quests. After completing two side quests and leveling up enough to get her Ice Wyrven, she went back and Kai Amate was a breeze.

Good luck.
Thanks, I already beat soul scavenger. And I am a level 20 pyromancer. I am almost level 21. I do have some shields in my deck and I don't know where the heck to get a minion. Do you have any ideas? My secondary is storm by the way. and for some reason I have scrab in my spells (not in my deck) I just have no idea what to do in wizard101 now because none of my friends will help me.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
I am a level 20 pyromancer. I am almost level 21. I do have some shields in my deck and I don't know where the heck to get a minion. Do you have any ideas? My secondary is storm by the way. and for some reason I have scrab in my spells (not in my deck) I just have no idea what to do in wizard101 now because none of my friends will help me.

You will get your fire minion during a quest at about level 28.

If you need one sooner, you can purchase minion treasure cards at the Bazaar or sometimes for Crowns. That can be expensive, however. I only added the advice about minions because I didn't know what school you were, and for Myth part of the challenge is learning how to work with the minions. I was trying to cover all the many schools you could have been, each with its own challenges.

You probably have the Scarab spell from either a pet or a necklace.

Because you are Fire, you will need to take care of your accuracy and low health. Both Storm and Fire suffer from low accuracy and low health. However, both Fire and Storm have the most powerful spells. Your key to survival is going to be clothing that boosts your strength and accuracy (at the sacrifice of higher health). Choose rings and athames that boost your healing. Focus on hitting as hard and fast as you can---the longer the battle drags on, the worse off you're going to be.

After about level 25, most wizards stop relying on their secondary schools because the pip cost is too high. You will get better, faster damage from your own school when you are getting more power pips. Basically, you are coming to the point where the Storm spells will not be helping you much and may become a liability because they fizzle even more often than your Fire spells.

Thus, you might consider buying back your training points and training in Life at least up to the Pixie, so you will have greater access to healing spells. A one-pip Pixie can really make the difference if it's cast early and often enough in the battle. Other Fire wizards prefer to train in Ice (for the shields, especially Tower Shield) or in Death (for the Feint, which will seriously boost your damage potential).
Get your accuracy up, use your shields, and use your blades to increase the strength of your damage spells. The battles will start going your way more often as you gain more battle experience and figure out a strategy that works for you.