Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 2-11-11

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 24, 2009
Here is a simple little spell which should be useful to wizards of all classes. It fits most logically into the balance school.

The spell is called Divide Power, and it does one single simple little thing: it converts a power pip into two regular pips. It is a zero pip spell, and should come on a treasure card---ideally one which wizards of all classes can craft, and which the occasional monster will drop. If the caster does not have a power pip, the spell does nothing and is wasted.

This spell is necessary because when wizards reach high level, they don't have many regular pips anymore. This means that spells which cost an odd number of pips must often be cast at cost+1 (because only power pips are available). With this spell, those odd-pip spells would become more useful---although at a cost, because the spell would take a round to cast, a round in which the caster could not charm, blade, etc.

Survivor
Sep 13, 2010
How about block ward and block charm spells. Could be by school in onesies, twosies, or threesies or block next.

Defender
Sep 18, 2009
Lots of ideas, but sticking to buff and debuffs only:
I would like to see something called 'Defenseless" that would block an opponent from casting wards for up to 3 rounds. Costs 1 pip per round that is eing blocked.

Spirit Shield should have a counterpart that also blocks life draining spells. I love the fact that my death mage can bypass a monsters spirit shield, but I don't like it as well when My life mage casts Rebirth and the monster gets a critical Scarecrow and wipes out the people I was trying to protect. :)

I think Balance should have a balance shield. Don't other schools get a shield for their type from an NPC? Maybe Balance does too and I have not seen it.

Storm should get a damage reducing shield earlier in the game than Celestia. Sorry I can't recall the name of the new spell that blocks 15% damage for 3 rounds, but something like that.

All schools should have a refract spell that would act like a prism but affect all enemies at once. Maybe it slightly lowers damage to be fair, but when trying to use group spells, it takes forever to try to set prisms on all enemies.

There should be a treasure card called Blade Boost that you could add to a blade in your hand to increase it's power by 15% or 20% in the same way that attack cards can be boosted with cards like Monsterous. It should be a random card drop, not something that can be mass or mass marketed.

And this really isn't a buff or debuff, but maybe a card that enables a pet to cast a spell even if they don't have a card. Call it Off the Leash or something and you have no idea what they will cast. Could be a surprise.

And since Balance can add blades to a whole party, why not let them cast a 20% shield on the whole party? Call it Defensive Perimeter or something.

For storm, how about a buff that adds a ward to an opponent, that reflects a percentage of the damage from the next storm spell back on the caster as health. Again, not a high percentage, just a little help. Call it BackFeed maybe.

Just a few ideas.

Survivor
Jan 29, 2010
I think death needs some type of boost for its health back cards. Every other school can use up to gargantuan for a boost. Death can on the strict hit cards, but maybe not worth the training points for seldom used cards. My legendary death is not much better than grand. Crafted clothes are another issue for death and ice but wrong thread. We were told that KI was working on something to even it out but they have forgot i guess. I still have to say that crafted clothes for ice with zero resist is just wrong. Dont use my ice any more sry. Legend ice, fire, death, storm, balance, and life.

Hero
Jul 27, 2009

i would like to see each school get a spell that would neutralize the effects of the spells like earthquake as they destroy carefully set up combo attacks and it could be in the form of a charm or a shield ...and could only be a self casting spell

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
I think Life and death need Charm/Ward Manipulators. Every other school (except balance) gets them, but Life and Death were left out.

Life - Antidote
Cost - 1
Convert last Negative Ward (trap) into Positive Ward (shield) of same value

Death - Corruption
Cost - 2
Convert last Positive Ward (shield) into Negative Ward (trap) of same value

Survivor
Feb 11, 2010
Survivor
Apr 26, 2009

Death-i think there should be a spell called desiese it gives the player using the card a +50 death blade and it puts +40 death traps on all the enemies (for level 40)

Myth-i think there should be a card called hermes and that gives the player using that card a +45 blade and it puts + 30 traps to all enemies (level 45)

Survivor
Jan 16, 2011
For Life, my ever-loved primary, I have to chime in with a request for a healing trap. I'd actually like to see Minor Blessing done away with (or possibly scale and heal wand damage + 25 instead of a flat 65, if that's even possible) and swap it out for a Healing trap. It would plug what I see as a big hole in the Life Heal-focused deck from low levels.

See, when I do a more-or-less straight heals deck, especially in the lower levels, I have a dearth of good 0-pip things to put into the deck. You have your wand attack, which is free, the Death/Myth shield, your secondary two-type shield, the Life shield and, if you're high enough and went Ice, the Tower Shield. The only ones that are a definite and Life on that list are the Death/Myth Shield and the Life Shield, which are both pretty situational. A Healing Trap would plug that gap.

Or I could go with a low-level Lifeblade/Guiding Light - something like +20% damage to next Life Attack/+20% healing to next heal. That would make the Sprite a much more viable low level spell, I think. As it is, when I pull a heals-focused deck, I only find it marginally useful.

Or, this is a bit of left-field here, a 0-pip called Double-Down - it increases the healing a spell does by 50%, blade-style, but on the flip side, it inflicts -25% damage to your next attack spell and -10% accuracy. Wand it away, but you still have to burn two turns to use Double-Down - one to cast it and one (possibly two) to get rid of the effects. It's a neat tactical trick. Give it low enough and it would also stop the gap.

Survivor
Sep 19, 2010
Well, Professor, it would be simply fantastic to have a sort of 'reverse healing spell', perhaps I should explain: :) Say you were against some of the Hooligans in Marleybone (actually where I am right now). You cast a two-pip spell with an accuracy rating of ninety percent or so; The Hooligan attacks with a cyclops. In stead of the cyclops inflicting damage, half of the damage is turned into health points, and you gain health points equal to half of the damage of the spell. Example: Stormzilla has about 750 attack. Stormzilla attacks you, but you have the health-reverse spell on yourself. The attack points go to about 375, and instead of losing them, you gain them.

There would be, however, rules for this spell:

1.) The traps and boosts created by the enemy would not effect the spell if this would have been played, the attack points would be raw, and you would only absorb half of the original attack power to your health. (Leprechaun has about 200 attack points. If it had a 25% trap, the trap would not count, and the attack power would not be 250, but still 200.)

2.) You can not play this on other players, only yourself (like Pixie).

3.) You can not play it if you have full heath.

4.) Health reduction spells such as 'Doom and Gloom' cannot effect this spell.

5.) If you have shields on, they will effect the amount of points you receive. Example: You are attacked with, say, Storm Shark with an attack of 400. You have cast a Tower Shield on yourself: The shark attacks, and the Tower Shield reduces the power to 200; then, that 200 is split in half so you only absorb 100 health points.

6.) If a spell that distributes damage over multiple rounds is played, the 'health-reverse' is still usable; if Heck Hound were played, with distributed attack of 300, then the little spiked diamond circling you would become encased in a green glow, and each time the damage was distributed, it would also be split (100 damage points) and instead count as health (50 health points).

7.) If a Death card such as Vampire would be played (this is a special case!!!), then the attack would go to your enemy, and you would gain the 'half of life points' value. (a.k.a., the spell is reversed)

So, the entire idea of this spell would be to turn your enemy's attack into your advantage. It would only be available to Level 30 or 35 Wizards and above, probably a learned spell, free to Life and Death, but one training point to all others. It would be available from Headmaster Ambrose, as a special spell, or by one of the secret teachers scattered in the worlds.
I would very much like this card to be approved because, as a Diviner, it is difficult to heal myself all the time, or learn any spells that do any such things. Also, as the bosses and monsters get harder, their attacks increase in pip and damage value, and it is harder and harder to heal yourself in time to save your life.
This spell would indeed, too, be excellent for PvP matches and other such things. Please do consider this, for I have thought it out well and long, and for a great deal of time searched and wished for such a spell. If it seems too good, the number of pips it takes could be increased (but that is relative; it could be pip based, like the amount of pips you have contributes to the amount of damage you absorb and turn into health), or it could even take 2 training points instead of one. But, it would be a grand spell to have, and a fine contribution to the already existent spells in this marvelous game.

Miranda Windwalker, (at the moment a Magus Diviner of Level 33)

Survivor
Jan 06, 2009
I would like to see a spell which would add to our pips. Maybe for the balance school. You cast it one round, and then next round you get two pips/power pips!

~Jason

Survivor
Jan 04, 2010
I think a balance shield of some kind would be great! It's the only school that you can't shield from. Those balance monsters in celestia are rough!
Or maybe make it a "general shield" of some kind. There are, for example, 30% traps for damage; how about a 30% shield against any incoming spell. Making it more accessible than the tower shield would be nice ;)

Can't wait to see what new spells you guys decide on!

Survivor
Aug 16, 2008
I would like to see spells that affect one of the cards in your opponents hand. When you cast it, seven cards (face down) will appear, you have to choose one of them for the spell to affect.

Fire- Smolder
Target card will have its accuracy decreased by 30%.
(Card affected shown to have scorch marks)

Ice- Hypothermia
Target card is frozen for 4 turns, during the four turns, it cannot be used nor discarded.
(Card affected is shown to be frozen)

Storm- Deactivate
Target card is grayed out and cannot be casted. Another card has to be discarded to reactivate the card. *
(Card affected shown to be sparking electricity)

* To reactivate a card, click another card in your hand and then click on the deactivated card. The card will be reactivated, meaning it can be used again, but the other card will be discarded.

Myth- Fade
Discards a second copy of the target card if the target card is not casted within 2 turns.
(Card affected shown to be burning with blue-yellow flames)

Life- Parasite
Increases the cost of the target card by 1 pip and mana.
(Card affected shown to have vines growing on it)

Death- Haunt
100 damage is taken to cast the targeted card.
(Card affected is shown to have ghosts over it)

Balance- Engima
Targeted card is turned into a ? card and the order of the opponent's hand is rearranged. *
(A ? card is sand-colored, the name, school, accuracy, cost and effect are all replaced with a ?)

Survivor
Mar 20, 2010
I have two items:

First, absorb costs too many pips. Why should I pay 3, (in reality 4 if you have to spend 2 power pips), for 400 protection when I can heal 400 for only 2 pips, 1 power pip? Even as a life character, I almost never use absorb because of this simply cost issue. Plus the darn thing can't block vampire spells anyway!

Second, I think the stun block should be free to all schools since the storm and ice creatures in Celestia perform stun spells quite often. I had to waste a training point to get this spell. Maybe you can earn it completing the spiral key ware house or something...?

Thanks. I love this game immensely, keep up the good work.

Survivor
May 30, 2009
I would like to have some kind of balance shield. It would be a shield for balance attacks not all types. Also a spell for attacking too.

Survivor
Nov 17, 2009
Well I think myth should have higher hit damage or a good healing spell to. Maybe for the damage on it could be maybe Hera or Aphrodite or Athena or Artimis with a damage of 2000 ( around there ) and maybe for healing can be Artimis or a nympth which can heal all players to 1000 healths!

Amy Jadeflower
Level 46 Myth
1. Myth
2. Life
3.Storm

Survivor
Oct 26, 2010
I have a list of spells that I would like to see put into the game.

They are all Balance.

1. Balance Shield - O pips- a ward that reduces the damage of balance damage spells by 80%
2. Unsheath - O pips - get a storm, fire, ice or balance blade
3. Rage - 5 pips - takes the amount damage you have lost and does double the dmage to the opponent.
4. Balance Keeper - 10 pips - does one thousand to all enemies ( not permitted in PvP.)
5. Equality - 2 pips - a spell just like darkwind and wyldfire only for balance
6. Justice - 2 pips - for four rounds the effect of the boss in the quest for Ra with the charms takes effect against the other team.

Thanks for reading!

My Character is:
Sloan Moonshard
School: Balance
Level: 59
Pet: Fierce Hound

Survivor
Dec 09, 2009
+1 vote for:

Spell: Broadcast
Spell type: Charm
Pip Cost: 2 Pips

Description: Next outgoing ward targets all enemies.

This spell would basically convert a single hex into a hexstorm, or a feint into a feintstorm.

School: Sun
Spell: CrossTrain
Spell type: Aura
Pip Cost: 2 Pips

Description: Caster may use power pips at face value for all schools for 4 turns.

This spell would allow the caster to cast off school spells without the usual pip-penalty. i.e. a power pip will be worth 2 pips even for off-school spells.

Spell: Share and Share alike
Spell type: Charm
Pip Cost: 1 Pips

Description: The caster may target a teammate with the next outgoing Aura spell.

Allows balance to cast auras on teammates.

The thinking here is this: Balance has become more or less useless. Balance is already more or less unable to solo the game without massive treasure use. And in a team, Balance is completely useless. We have weak heals, and as for buffs, pfft! I play regualry with a Life and a Storm. The life heals us pretty much constantly; no problem there. The storm kills everything without my help; that is he can easily blade himself once or twice, and can cast traps on all enemies in a hurry too. So, by the time I cast Ra (and not even kill one enemy) he's already destroyed the enemy completely with Temp. I have very little or no contribution to make except to stand there and break the occasional Tower or Judge the occasional sole surviving enemy. I don't PvP much, so I can't speak to what Balance is like there, but in the field, I'm pretty useless. At least with the above spells I could be a part time healer, I could get some feints up in a hurry, I could protect my team with auras or buff them quickly. Something to consider ;)

Squire
Jan 21, 2010
The reflect spell idea has merit. I don't agree with the other suggestions that a reflect spell should block all incoming damage and then deal the full amount to the opponent. At least the death school is used to taking a little pain for it's effects.

Well, for death how about a "shield" that when the enemy hits you, the shield breaks, and the opponent takes damage equal to half of the damage that you took from the hit? Notice that this shield does not stop any damage. My necromancer takes full damage, then the opponent takes damage equal to half of the damage I took. Traps and shields on the opponent would modify the damage that the opponent finally recieved. I think the damage dealt to the opponent should be either balance or death.

I am having trouble with making it a ward though. Charms and wards trigger before damage is dealt. That would cause both the attacker and the defender to take damage at the same time. It would cause problems for pvp, both players could be knocked out at the same time.

On the other hand both players could take a loss. This happened to me once in a 1v1, somehow we both lost, myself and my opponent were in the losing box at the bottom and the winner area was blank. I think it was a glitch, it only happened once, so I don't know if the pvp system can handle it or not.

Survivor
Apr 27, 2010
Survivor
Jun 18, 2009
I think I have an idea on what new utility spell(s) there should be. Sometimes when we use Time Of Legend or Doom and Gloom, we have different secondary classes. What I was thinking is why not make a Spirit Buff like that, that could include Myth, Life, and Death. It would be a nice buff, and could be useful in many instances. Vice versa with the Fire, Ice, and Storm. You could have an Elemental Buff. Why settle with the normal spirit blades, or elemental blades, when you can have these little trinkets that can help you a whole deal. It could take up four pips for non-balance and two power pips for Balance wizards. Also, The power play card, it could include balance blades along with the pip-chance increase. Well, thanks for listening.

Survivor
Oct 22, 2010
Thank you for this form, I am a balance wizard and therefore have shields, blades and more blades.

I am very thankful for this as balance has a very hard time as do we all starting out.

I have noticed that almost all the schools but balance do not give the three element shields nor the life, death and myth shields combination.

Yes there are shields that are 70% were mine are 50% but I think it would be more helpful if all the schools gave you the same shields and blades, after all there are special shields and blades for each school. I would like to point out that as a second second you must use a training point to get these shields.

I believe it would be more fair this way and I know that Wizard 101 does try to be fair to each school. I hope this was helpful and again thank you for a form were you are able to post your ideas.

Survivor
Sep 12, 2010
Balnce has always been a supporter school.It would be nice if we had a stronger balance blade such as a plus50% or a trap for any school to attack like a 50% trap,maybe also it can just be for balance school!The card can possibly be 1 pip just to make it fair.Balance has always been on the sidelines,it would be nice for a change to make balance stronger :).

sincerely level 35,
Nicholas DreamHeart :)

Survivor
Dec 23, 2010
I don't know if anyone has suggested this yet, but I think it'd be great to have a de-buff spell that neutralizes or removes all buffs, traps, charms, etc. on the field. It'd be great for the caster to remove the negative ones on self along with removing power buffs and shields from enemies!

Survivor
Nov 19, 2010
There are a few I would like to see for all schools.

Double Trap (Double Hex for Balance) - costs 1 pip to cast two traps on a single target. They should be weaker than regular traps by 5%.
Triple Trap (Triple Hex for Balance) - costs 2 pips to cast three traps on a single target. They should be weaker than regular traps by 5-10%.

The above two would be really good for schools that use a lot of multi-hit spells. Myth and fire come to mind but I know others have them too.

Trap All (Hex All for Balance) - costs 2 pips to cast one trap on all targets. They should be weaker than regular traps by 5-10%.

Maybe to keep these from getting too powerful, make it so you can only have one of the above in your deck at a time. So you could have as many Double Traps in your deck as possible but no Triple Traps or Trap Alls.

Another option would be to give each school only one of the above or some more school specific spells.

Fire - Triple Trap
Ice - Triple Ice Blade
Storm - Double or Triple Lightning Strike
Life - Double or Triple Guiding Light
Death - Double Death Blade
Myth - Double Trap
Balance - Trap All

For astral school I would like to see a reflection type spell.

Reflect - costs X pips to cast a spell that reflects 5% of the damage per pip back at the caster. So if it was cast with 1 pip, the target would take 95% of the damage and the caster would take 5%.

Super Reflect - costs X pips to cast a spell that reflects 10% of the damage per pip back at the caster. Same example as above.

I think it would also work for the target to take 100% of the damage and the caster to take X% of that damage back too.

Just a few of my thoughts.