Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What's The Best Pet To Get?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Nov 20, 2010
I've been having an EXTREMELY hard time choosin a pet. There are so many great ones out there, but it seems a day or two after I get a pet, I want a different one. So far I own a Krok, Unicorn, Blue Cyclops, Stray Piggle, Starfish, Heckhound, Brass Golem, Cat Thug, Firewing :), Imp, bloodbad, Lephrchaun, Dragon, and a LOT more I can't remember. Can someone PLEASE help me? I would like to know what you think the best pet is and why. If it comes with a card, I would like to know what card and at what age the pet can cast it. Also, if it's not to much trouble, it would be very helpful if you could list the stats (ex. 90 strength max, 120 intellect max, ect.).

*Thanks to all of those who answered!*
Rachel RavenTalon, Level 45 Myth

Survivor
Jan 05, 2011
I currently own a fierce hound pet from epic bundle giftcard pack, its pretty amazing, i dont know the specific numbers of intelligience and other things like that and i cant check due to scheduled mainteneance but they all range from 200 to 250 My fierce hound is currently adult with spritely and death-shot as its 2 skills. I just bought the green cat thug and havent lvld it up yet.

Survivor
Apr 01, 2010
I bought the defender pig from a Rite Aid gift card. It looks so cool. is inexpensive to breed (hatch) and gives a Dryad card at baby. The card gives 200 health per pip to anyone. The special abilities for pet derby are good too. For $20, this is a great deal!

Survivor
Sep 06, 2008
since your myth i would reccomend a myth type pet because you'll get talents that are good for myth

Defender
Aug 13, 2010
If you don't plan on doing any Hatching, and don't want to take any chances, then I would say save up and get a Sea Dragon. It's the only pet to my knowledge whose talents all at least do something useful. Unlike other pets such as a Defender Pig and Spinyfish and what have you, Sea Dragons do not learn any of the 'selfish' talents such as Astute, Talented, Well-Trained, and so on, so you have less of a chance of 'wasting your effort' on training the pet.

Otherwise I'd say try and obtain an Orthrus, Minotaur, or White Rat Magician - all of these pets come with useful cards. Other pets include Mustard Troll, Tough Troll, Myth Imp and Myth Leprechaun.

Defender
Jul 31, 2008
I dont understand why people hate the "selfish" talents so much. Thatsthe only way that pets can get better for the next generation, by getting selfish talents.

lets say you have the talent "pip'o plenty" That talent depends on one stat (im not sure which) for it to be useful. So if it needs wisdom, and your pet only has like 145 wisdom as a stat, then that talent wont do you any good. But suppose that your pet also learns a "selfish talent" that adds to your wisdom stat: not only will Pio'o plenty be slightly better, but when you hatch that pet, the next generation pet will be better as well. And that wayyou can end up with pets having very high stats

Defender
Nov 20, 2010
Thanks. I finally decided on my Frostcaller, and my new Orthrus. 8) :)