Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Does "Grouping" share the quest arrow?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Sep 11, 2010
Lot of posts lately regarding senior wizards porting down to help lower level wizards rather than porting up to unearned areas. Totally support the idea.

In helping my nephews the biggest problem so far is NOT being able to know where they are trying to go or trying to decipher their limited typing skills. Not going to talk about waiting for them to "read" ... lol.

Would "grouping" help with that? Does the leader of a group "share" their quest arrow with the others?

Or, am I destined to following 8-9 year olds who think the quickest way to kill 4 scurriers involves Grizzleheim? ... ;)

This is NOT a complaint! Having a GREAT time ... directionless existence does have its ... charms.

But comments from anyone who has "improved" upon this process would be deeply appreciated.

How do you "assist" lower level players who do not read and or type well?

... yet anyway.

Defender
Dec 01, 2010
I don't help people who do not know what they're doing. It is very frustrating trying to figure out what is going on.

Survivor
Sep 04, 2009
i help alot of people as well seeing as how i have already done the main quests that they have done or just going to them in a higher lvl world (btw it gets harder to solo the game after you finish mb i'm fregently calling on my magus friend who loves to fight) but when i am helping lower lvl people it's hard to understand them so maybe we could like have something telling us where they are and what quests they have and such

E.X.
player 1 is lvl 20 and in krok doing a quest in the anthic family tomb
player 2 is lvl 40 and in MS trying to fight the jade oni but keeps on dying

player 1 asks for help from player 2 and gets it but when player 1 asks he/she says this: can you help me i gotta fight this one krok that has high health

thoughts of player 2: What the heck is this kid doing?

player 2 says: sure

so player 2 sets up his/her deck to be prepared for anything with only 2 prisms turns out the "krok" is in player 2's school

end of E.X.

so as you can see this gets very frustrating it would help if you could see what player 1 is fighting before you port to player 1 and what quest their on

Survivor
Dec 15, 2010
alex321694 wrote:
Lot of posts lately regarding senior wizards porting down to help lower level wizards rather than porting up to unearned areas. Totally support the idea.

In helping my nephews the biggest problem so far is NOT being able to know where they are trying to go or trying to decipher their limited typing skills. Not going to talk about waiting for them to "read" ... lol.

Would "grouping" help with that? Does the leader of a group "share" their quest arrow with the others?

Or, am I destined to following 8-9 year olds who think the quickest way to kill 4 scurriers involves Grizzleheim? ... ;)

This is NOT a complaint! Having a GREAT time ... directionless existence does have its ... charms.

But comments from anyone who has "improved" upon this process would be deeply appreciated.

How do you "assist" lower level players who do not read and or type well?

... yet anyway.

uh...paragraph 4 or your post is a little offending...

Defender
Sep 11, 2010
danton1983 ... LOL! ... You are of course right, but they are family ... I don't get to "choose".

iconey ... I can't imagine why you would find stating a fact that actually occured offending. My nephew WAS trying to find Marleybone Scurriers in Grizzleheim. Followed him around for over an hour before getting him on the PHONE to find out what he was trying to do. This incident is the REASON for posting this thread. There HAS to be a better way of handling this ... was hoping someone familiar with using "Groups" would have a solution. At any rate, if you, or any of the other 8-9 year olds trying to kill Scurriers in Grizzleheim were offended in any way ... I sincerely apologize ... ;)

abw7 ... Thanks for sharing my pain!!! Your post shows you understand the need for sharing something ... quest logs, quest arrows, something ... before "port down" assistance has a chance of becoming popular.