Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Loading Problem

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 20, 2009
I have a computer that has most of wizard101 already downloaded so i decided to copy the whole folder(KingsIsle Entertainment) in my program data or program file folder to a usb then to my laptop because i have slow internet and downloading 2gb would take a long time. I did, however, downloaded first from the main website and then installed it. Later i did the first thing i said above. Now, when i enter a new area that i havent been in my laptop, it says that the area is not ready yet so i click ok and then try again to go in and im successful. while this isnt much of a problem, the real problem is that some npcs and monsters dont load and are shown as the golems in golem court. this is annoying cuz i cant see their names or what school they are. Can anyone help me out?

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Defender
Aug 11, 2009
When I did a fresh install on my primary computer, I backed up certain files to save time in downloading and so that my wizards would have all of their items correctly displayed from the start – rather than the beginning clothes and boxes – and the NPCs would be correctly displayed. This also cuts down on lag in the game due to downloading.

Be careful if you do this – make sure that you put the items in the right folder. (Program Files\KingsIsle Entertainment\Wizard101)

I downloaded and installed the game – basic material in the initial download. Then before I played the game, I copied from my backup files only the .wad files from Data\GameData (folder) (more than 2GB) and the .xml files from Bin (folder). These files are the bulk of the downloading that takes place during the game. I left the rest of the files alone in their folders. I did not have any problems with the game.

If it does not work – the game is easy to fix – simply uninstall and start over.

Have fun!!! :) :) :)

Survivor
Mar 20, 2009