Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Storm .... is it getting weaker?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 18, 2010
OK so I have been having allot of trouble with playing on my level 51 storm in Celestia. Being a storm wizard almost all of the schools focust is on damage. It has worked great through all of the worlds ( most of Dragonspyre anyways ) but now the health difference between the players and the enemies is crazy. I find it almost impossible to beat two enemies that have a equal amount or higher amount of health than you do. And now that the enemies are able to use rank 7 spells it's CRAZY. Plus with the lvl 58 gear for storm being way down sized than the other schools gear I can't see how any storm wizards could solo anything in celestia. I also think that leviathan is pretty weak being 2 pips more than triton and only doing 200 more damage ( on average ). So tell me what you think and if you agree.

John Nightblade Death lvl 60
Andrew Deathblade Storm lvl 51
John Earthstrider Balance lvl 31

Survivor
Feb 06, 2010
I don't think storm is getting weaker... I think the other schools are getting stronger. Take fire for example, I think fire is a bit over powered with the Efreet. But then on the other side I see Skeletal Dragon. Very powerful. Leviathan takes 2 charms away and does good attack. It would be great against death in pvp, seeing as the more charms they have, the more they can heal themselves. Every school has disadvantages and advantages. I think KingsIsle did a great job with the balance of the schools.

Sincerely,
Jack SpellWielder, level 60 Pyromancer
Mess with me, and you might just find yourself on fire.

Survivor
May 16, 2009
Firemaker2525 wrote:
I don't think storm is getting weaker... I think the other schools are getting stronger. Take fire for example, I think fire is a bit over powered with the Efreet. But then on the other side I see Skeletal Dragon. Very powerful. Leviathan takes 2 charms away and does good attack. It would be great against death in pvp, seeing as the more charms they have, the more they can heal themselves. Every school has disadvantages and advantages. I think KingsIsle did a great job with the balance of the schools.

Sincerely,

You said balance. Lol, sorry, kinda found that funny. But no, storm isn't getting weaker. It's because you guys have high attack points that you don't have the better gear. I wouldn't know, because I have a lvl 8 diviner.

Fallon MoonDust, Adept Sorcerer

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
Rinaching wrote:
Firemaker2525 wrote:

Sincerely,

You said balance. Lol, sorry, kinda found that funny. But no, storm isn't getting weaker. It's because you guys have high attack points that you don't have the better gear. I wouldn't know, because I have a lvl 8 diviner.

Fallon MoonDust, Adept Sorcerer

the have awesome gear. at 58 they hit allot more then life, they just cant fizzle. thats why storms has such low health

Survivor
Dec 27, 2010
Listen, I really doubt that storm is getting weaker. The reason that you have, "Worser" lvl 58 gear then us is cause storm absolutely pwns in pvp and against most enemies. Let me ask a question. Do you have pretty good gear for your lvl, or do you have some stuff from in the thirty's or so. If so, then collect some money and if you have the best for your lvl, then it could be true that they are getting weaker. i might not be strong, but i know my wizard101.

Austin DragonTamer Adept Pyro, lvl 28

Survivor
Jun 10, 2009
I really use to think storm was the toughest school on the game.LOL. Boy was I wrong. Storm is very powerful at first but then when you get into Dragonspyre it becomes very useless. It gets so weak that I deleted him. I now have a balance wizard and I'm soloing the game. Sorry, to all storm wizards out there but storm is starting to get really weak.

Mason Sandtamer lvl 21 balance wizard in the Tomb of Storms.
Mess with me you'll eating scuorpions for breakfast!

Survivor
Dec 22, 2009
yea i also agree tht fire is a little over powered with efreet, but storm has great potentials, and storm is literally the only skol i cant beat and thts y ive ben afraid of fighting storm in an arena battle

Survivor
Nov 27, 2009
Firemaker2525 wrote:

Sincerely,

I say i agree with you i mean i am only lvl 48 (soon to be 49 ) but out of all the comments i seen about this subject i see that other schools are getting better and the gear stuff is kinda weaker on other types of schools

Survivor
Nov 27, 2009
Firemaker2525 wrote:

Sincerely,

I agree with you but even though i am just lvl 48 ( soon to be 49 )
all the comments on this subject prove your point other schools are just getting stronger

Sincerly, Ashley Frostflame lvl 48 Ice

P.S. i might have wrote this comment twice...... Maybe