Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Reporting does nothing

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 28, 2009
Reporting does nothing anymore. I have reported people for saying some bad things and they just walk away without getting in trouble. it's pretty ridicolus. I dont just go around reporting people for no reason but when someone does something bad enough i usually will. But it does nothing they just laugh and port away what is this? I know i sound like a noob reporting but some people deserve it and should get muted or banned but nope nothing happens. Hopefully KI fixes this but chances are they wont. :( :( :( :( :( :(
Thanks for reading
Wolf
Level 60
Death Legendary
Commander

Administrator
On the contrary, when you report someone, or you are reported, a message is sent directly to Mr Lincoln that includes the chat logs of everything that was said before and after that report.

Mr Lincoln then reads the log and assess the situation. He determines how bad the offense was, looks up prior offenses for the reported individual, and based on that assessment he issues sanctions such as muting or banning and sends an email to the offending account explaining the violation and the sanctions.

If the report was falsely made, that is determined as well, and the player who made the false report is investigated as to whether or not they have made previous false reports. False reports are just a egregious as valid ones, and similar sanctions can be levied against repeat offenders of false reporting.

Everything that a player enters into the chat window is logged. These larger chat logs are also routinely checked for those infractions that are not reported.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Mar 28, 2009
Professor Greyrose wrote:
On the contrary, when you report someone, or you are reported, a message is sent directly to Mr Lincoln that includes the chat logs of everything that was said before and after that report.

Mr Lincoln then reads the log and assess the situation. He determines how bad the offense was, looks up prior offenses for the reported individual, and based on that assessment he issues sanctions such as muting or banning and sends an email to the offending account explaining the violation and the sanctions.

If the report was falsely made, that is determined as well, and the player who made the false report is investigated as to whether or not they have made previous false reports. False reports are just a egregious as valid ones, and similar sanctions can be levied against repeat offenders of false reporting.

Everything that a player enters into the chat window is logged. These larger chat logs are also routinely checked for those infractions that are not reported.

They why is it when people call me stuff or tell me to go do bad things i report them. Nothing happens then i get reported by then and get a warning this just isnt right! I think Mr.lincon needs to read more throughly. I am thinking about quiting because people always get away with stuff. Or they say look at caps and spell bad stuff in the caps

Thanks for answering back anyways

Wolf
Level 60
Death Legendary

Seth
Level 40
Storm Master

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
They have to check the report is legit first, but I still want to laugh at people who I have reported in some situations I have been in.

Delver
Feb 25, 2010
And one thing I have found out is that you don't know when action is being taken unless the offender says something. Mr. Lincoln won't say anything about it to the reporter, because that's between the offender and Mr. Lincoln.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
There isn't anybody sitting there to instantly act on a report. The process takes time. A player isn't going to be instantly banned when you file a report.