Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Epic pets

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 28, 2009
Hey guys i have a 60 death. He just got a sea dragon pet from a drop. I was very excited to get all of the special talents like sprietly plague bringer etc. Well i got him to adult and he didnt get any of these all he got was him giving me a tower and peirce card...... And i am going to try to get him to epic or ancient to maybe be spritely, resist, or plague bringer. But getting a pet to epic is insane! Does anyone know the easiest way to do this1 :-o :-o :-o

Defender
Apr 30, 2010
Yep, mega snack packs, costs a bunch but if ya don't wanna do most of the work or just don't have time, its the only way, it sure is going to hurt your wallet over time though

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
The easiest way to get a pet to ancient and epic is to use mega snacks. Sometimes (rarely) you find them at the bazaar.

The other way is to just continue training him and use snacks that will give 6+ points per time. The Glowing Star Fruit is good for this and it is relatively cheap.

I also have a sea dragon pet that i trained to epic. It gained spritely at ancient i believe, so it is worth training up to epic.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 60 Life

Defender
May 17, 2009
Buy a mega snack pack (with crowns) or wait at the bazaar, sometimes people sell mega snacks.

Survivor
Apr 05, 2010
Mega Snacks are the fastest way, yes. I've trained many pets to Ancient in just three days without spending one crown though. I craft the cereal snacks. Most pets at least like them, and love their school same snack (except for the Fierce Hound, must be a glitch?). A Sea Dragon will love Sizzle Smacks. You have to be an initiate crafter. The recipes can be bought from a character (forget the name) who shares the Shoe Shop in the Atheneum in Dragonspyre or from Hammond Vittlecrafter who is located at the very beginning of Ravenscar in Grizzleheim. Hope this helps.

Defender
Aug 03, 2009
what I do is only give it Rank 5 or Rank 6 snacks. Add up the total skill points awarded from a snack. If it is 5 or more, than you're good to go. Give it snacks of the same type as the pet (for example, my Hydra, a Balance pet, likes Honey Tombs Cereal, a Balance snack). This will increase your xp earned from the snack. Also, you shouldn't have a garden, as this is just going to make the process slower, by conseving energy for that and levling up the pet.

Survivor
Jul 05, 2009
Survivor
Jul 05, 2009
Is there a certain category that you can find mega snacks in at the bazaar?

Blaine Dragonmask Level 35 life wizard

Survivor
Mar 28, 2009
Yea i heard a lot about mega snack packs but i already pay enough for membership and i dont want to by MEGA SNACK PACKS. So i guess i will try crafting some good snacks but that takes a lot of time.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
penutp wrote:
Is there a certain category that you can find mega snacks in at the bazaar?

Blaine Dragonmask Level 35 life wizard

Click the "rank" category until it is showing the ranks of snacks in descending order. This will put the mega snacks on top of list since they are rank 8 and 9.

Survivor
Jul 05, 2009