Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

World Order

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 07, 2009
Ok, I finished Wizard City like 3 weeks ago. Then I got sen to krokatopia. but while I was I krokatopia I turned lv. 20 and grizzleheim opened up. I decieded to finish krok. b4 going o grizzleheim, but when I finished krok. Marleybone opened up. Which do I go to first. Please tell, because I want to go in order.

Defender
Apr 30, 2010
GH is a sidequest world, the real main story worlds in order are WC, KT, MB, MS, DS, and finally CL. I only went through 1/3 of GH before i realized that it was a sidequest world that gave basically no experience. I didn't even do GH on my ice and myth and I sure don't plan on doing it with my storm

Delver
Aug 10, 2010
If you want to complete the main storyline, go to Marleybone. Grizzleheim has a storyline all it's own and really, has parts (Ravenscar) that you will not be able to finish until you're a much higher level.

Myself, I worked Grizzleheim as a diversion when I got bored with the storyline quests until I finished Dragonspyre, then I finished up Grizzleheim before I went to Celestia . If you do all the side quests and optional dungeons all the way up through Dragonspyre, including crafting and Grizzleheim, you can go into Celestia at level 53-54 (a big help). I'm only in Stormriven and just made level 59 today.

Defender
Sep 11, 2010
Grizzleheim is a "special case". It does not "open" any new worlds on The Spiral that I remember and I don't think it matters to the game when you tackle it. As more XP is awarded for Krokotopia and Marleybone quests in general, enabling me to get my higher ranked spells more quickly, I tend to save Grizzleheim quests for right after I have acquired a new spell. It is a great place for testing new gear and new magic.

There may be times in the WC, K, MB, M, DS, and C quest lines when you feel your wizard is just not strong enough to handle the quests being given, OR, perhaps you have been in the darkness of the tombs or on the crowded rooftops just a week or two too long and you need a break from what you are doing for a few hours ... Grizzleheim provides a fun way to keep playing because it is such a very different place.

This is NOT to say Grizzleheim is a "gimme" ... there were times, lol, when I went back to K, MB, or M because the Grizzlehiem quests were too challenging for my wizard's solo level.

So, to answer your question, outside of teleporting to a friend who is playing far above your level, there really is no way to mess up the order in which you do things in Wizard101.

Explorer
Dec 21, 2008
metalj10 wrote:
Ok, I finished Wizard City like 3 weeks ago. Then I got sen to krokatopia. but while I was I krokatopia I turned lv. 20 and grizzleheim opened up. I decieded to finish krok. b4 going o grizzleheim, but when I finished krok. Marleybone opened up. Which do I go to first. Please tell, because I want to go in order.

Marleybone (MB for short) is the main storyline, where as Grizzlehiem (GH) is completely optional. You do not have to do any part of GH to continue in the games main path.