Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

DE-transmuting

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 17, 2009
I think it would be nice if we could DE-transmute stuff. It's like the opposite of transmuting- 1 golden pearl can make 15 pearls, 1 black pearl makes 15 black lotus, etc. This would be a nice addition because it is so hard to get all the scrap iron I need (144) but if KI adds this I could get them a bit easier.

Defender
Sep 11, 2010
This is a GREAT idea!!!

I would like to add another aspect to crafting ... Salvaging!!!!

Rather than crafting a new item, I would like the option of salvaging raw materials (reagents) from items I collect in my travels, especially the "No Auction Crowns Only" items my wizard cannot use. I would much rather get a load of mistwood, stone, ore etc. etc. for that level 50 sword I just lifted off a mob than having to dump it at Zeke's for a few hundred bucks.

I would LOVE being able to convert that "nth" Unicorn Trophy (lol) to stone, or that "Umpteenth" Pharoah's Stilletto into scrap iron, or that book I have 6 copies of into parchment.

I also happen to like that gold is limited in this game. It makes me plan my activities and keeps me focused on a few objectives at a time. Salvaging fits right into this scheme of playing.

There is a hidden benefit to gardening, crafting, and salvaging that most people would miss ...

If a player is in his home performing these activities, he is NOT competing with other players across the Spiral for limited resources and is NOT contributing to the factors causing "lag" in the over-crowded battle areas.

By all means, let's INCREASE the stuff a wizard can do in his home ... Pet Training? More Crafting? Forum Participation? Chatting with Friends? and see if it can lower traffic in the heavily used portions of the game.

Defender
Jun 30, 2009
dude that would be great because i now have ac rafting quest need around 300 or so ore to finsih it up i have a good place to farm for it and i will not tell you but it would go a lot faster if we could de mutate stuff and other things the other guy said

Survivor
Mar 29, 2009
I think that this is a good idea and that it should be added. Who ever uses that many springs anymore????

Taylor DragonTamer

level 57 myth wizard

Hero
Aug 23, 2009
I agree, I and other have posted this idea before, with NO KI response. This would be both a great addition and better, more efficient use of reagents in game.

Survivor
May 01, 2009
maxitola2009 wrote:
I think it would be nice if we could DE-transmute stuff. It's like the opposite of transmuting- 1 golden pearl can make 15 pearls, 1 black pearl makes 15 black lotus, etc. This would be a nice addition because it is so hard to get all the scrap iron I need (144) but if KI adds this I could get them a bit easier.

I agree. I would greatly appreciate the added flexibility. You have to transmute as you go along working on a recipe. Otherwise you can't easily see what ingredients you have enough of. For simple recipes it's not so much of a problem, but once you become a master artisan you use hundreds of a given reagent. A recipe with 20 black pearls uses 300 black lotuses, or 3000 ore and 3000 cat tails. The limit is 999 each, which sounded like more than enough in the beginning. It is so frustrating to discover you need a couple of mandrake to make a snack and you have transmuted them all to blood moss.

Mastermind
Jun 06, 2009
maxitola2009 wrote:

Yes, quite so. However, a requirement should be that you have the recipe for Transmuting it (say you Break Down something you didn't want to... also, it's reference for what you'll get).