Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

killing the bad guys

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 11, 2010
You know that when you kill these guys around 5 to 10 times and still do not receive credit for it, the game doesn't seem that fun anymore. i have made as many killings as 10 and still didn't receive credit. Not fun to stay in same area all the time.

Survivor
Jun 06, 2009
Defender
Aug 06, 2010
Cherokee60 wrote:
You know that when you kill these guys around 5 to 10 times and still do not receive credit for it, the game doesn't seem that fun anymore. i have made as many killings as 10 and still didn't receive credit. Not fun to stay in same area all the time.

You must be talking about COLLECTING instead of DEFEATING...

Some quests will say for example "Defeat 2 Gobbler Scavangers" - you only need to kill 2.

Then you may get "Defeat Skeletal Warriors and Collect 4 Finger Bones" - you fight as many as it takes to collect.

See thread on Defeat (Monster) and Collect (Item).

Explorer
Jun 14, 2009
Cherokee60 wrote:

I know. I spent 4-5 hours doing that quest that you beat the ice guys that have 1700 health and make you die all the time, which is almost impossible to solo without any fellow wizards or henchmen. I probably beat 14 guys to get the three items. Horrible.

Survivor
Nov 13, 2010
sbs5000 wrote:
Cherokee60 wrote:

I know. I spent 4-5 hours doing that quest that you beat the ice guys that have 1700 health and make you die all the time, which is almost impossible to solo without any fellow wizards or henchmen. I probably beat 14 guys to get the three items. Horrible.

It's called grinding it's what some games do when you are going faster than it can keep up. Also if you got y=what you needed right away without working for it whats the challenge in that. 10 times you lucky kid, most of those things took a lot more than 10 to kill and get.