Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Asking for Gifts

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Jan 25, 2010
Loads of people are walking around asking for gifts. Whenever I make new friends (brand new may I say) they always ask for a crowns pet. And whenever I say "Sorry, I am broke" They ask for me to buy some crowns for them. That is quite rude. When I say no again they get angry and delete me.

I have really really good friends that don't do this :-) But my other friends that have gotten angry were quite mean :-(
Can some people stop annoying others for crown items?

Igloogirl3

Defender
Jul 02, 2009
Don't EVER buy things for people that you don't know personally. If the person asks you to expend your hard earned money, you should not talk to that person. Begging is bugging and that is not the type of friend anyone needs, If they are looking to someone they don't know for money or "crowns" ask yourself why. Those people are "freeloaders." It should be against the KI terms and conditions to be asking anyone for "crowns" online.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
No they will not. The internet is full of beggars. The easiest way to handle those who friend you and then immediately ask for a gift is to put them on ignore and move on.

Hero
Aug 23, 2009
Yeah, the beggers are quite annoying and tend to be rude, and then profane one way or another when they are told "no" or "have no crowns." I find it odd that people want something for nothing and expect it be granted to them, it shows a major lack of respect for others. For those who "can't or parents won't let them get crowns," well in my past experience being a proven friend can reap superb rewards.

Defender
Jul 13, 2009
I have noticed this a lot, I had a friend who, right after I told them I got crowns, asked me for some $7000 crowns item (7000 in crowns, not realy money). I told them I couldn't cause my parents made it so I couldn't gift (even if it was enabled I wouldn't give it since I don't know them really). They just said change the settings and to gift them it! I would not ever do something like that without permission from my parents, even if I knew the password. Well they kept bugging me about it and I can honestly tell you it got worse before it got better (if it got better at all that is), they started getting mad at me! I really wish something could be done besides ignore but I doubt it will happen with all KI does for us to make a wonderfull game. Well thanks for letting me vent :-P :-D

UPDATE: yesterday I was online and in dragonspire doing some quests, when some random person comes up, here's how it went:

Random Person: hi

Me: hello

R.P. : can you gift me something?

Me: I'm sorry I don't have crowns, and I don't know you

R.P.: but you have a crowns hat and a permenent mount, so you should have crowns

Me: I HAD crowns, but I spent them. *walks away and switchs realms*

It may have been short but it was totally, completely, ANNOYING. Do people really expect someone to gift tham something?!?!

Survivor
Oct 22, 2010
I have encountered the same problem. A total stranger asked me to gift them a Valkrie set which costs a lot of crowns. Another wanted me to gift them 30,000 crowns or something like that. I thought it was outrageous! Those players should be banned or something.

Delver
Feb 25, 2010
It took me a couple months to save up for the epic bundle. (I don't make a whole lot of money IRL, so that $40 was hard-earned.) Now, whenever I'm running around, I have people asking me for things, assuming I have money. Which I don't really. I always tell them I don't have enough crowns. One guy was actually polite about it, and one just disappeared. I guess he switched realms. I truly wish people would just accept "no" for an answer.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
This is what I tell beggars:

1) Do some chores around the house so your parents will give you a higher allowance.

2) Take your own, hard-earned money and spend it on a gift card from Walgreens or GameStop or wherever.

3) Buy your own Crowns gear, mount, etc.

4) Because that's what I did and most mature people do.

Oddly, they don't seem to appreciate my good advice.

Explorer
Jul 15, 2009
Igloogirl3 wrote:
Loads of people are walking around asking for gifts. Whenever I make new friends (brand new may I say) they always ask for a crowns pet. And whenever I say "Sorry, I am broke" They ask for me to buy some crowns for them. That is quite rude. When I say no again they get angry and delete me.

I have really really good friends that don't do this :-) But my other friends that have gotten angry were quite mean :-(
Can some people stop annoying others for crown items?

Igloogirl3

I know how you feel Igloo girl, but I knid of have the opposite experience, I actually give gifts to people, and if I don't have enough crowns, or I say I'm sorry I'm saving them for something, they just say ok and thank you anyways. This is what I should suggest: maybe you could try and explain to them and say I'm sorry, but I'm saving the rest for me, or possibly my friend. Or just don't answer them.

Survivor
Sep 05, 2008
I know what you mean. There was some apprentice guy who asked me for 60,000 crowns plus membership forever. I just met him- seriously. I'm not just going to throw away my money for some stranger. When I said no, he reported me (of course that was false reporting).

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
Yesterday evening when I was playing my ice wiz, one of my friends texted me to gift her a mount. But a very long time ago (I'm going to have to say about a year ago), one of my friends said they were saving up crowns to gift me a permanent mount, then they actually gifted me one later. No, I didn't ask them for one, they decided to gift me one. Was that wrong or something?
Then WAY later I moved it to my ice. If you see a girl named Laura Iceheart on the game, that's how she has her mount today.

Caroline Sunbright level 60 life
Laura Iceheart level 52 ice
Brittany Rainriver level 45 storm
Emily Spiritriver level 39 death
Nicole Jadesword level 28 balance
Alexandra Redleaf level 14 fire

Hero
Jul 27, 2009

i have had many people ask me to gift them stuff and i ask one question of them...

" i do not know you so why should i spend real life dollars on you?"

most run away because i asked them a question they can not handle.
the few who do not tend to get defensive and tell me i am mean and they are going to report me... i say "ok" because i know as soon as they do they will be exposed.

please do not ask for gifting
it is impolite and bad gaming

Survivor
Feb 01, 2011
Someone today asked me to give them my pet. I never will understand people like this. At least he didn't try to friend me first.

Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
I haven't played in about a month and tonight when I signed in and went to Celestia a male ice wizard asked me if I could gift him a mega snack pack. I didn't know you could do that and never set it up in my game to do that before. I told him I didn't know how to do it and he made the really bad mistake of asking me for my pass word and he would fix my setting for me. Needless to say I did report him!!! I could not believe anybody would ask me for my pass word to go in and change my settings. KI has made it very clear they will not tolerate it. If anybody asks you for your password, don't give it out. By the way his name was Evan Strong. If you do see him before they catch him, pass on he was turned in. Thanks!!!

Defender
Sep 28, 2010
Yeah it is annoying the other day a guy on my friends i had known for a long time.He was a death wizard i did not hang out with him anymore but he asked if i could gift him i sent 3 dots to him like this ... then removed him.There was a another person in gh the other day she wanted me too gift her i said no. Then she called her friends then theatened too get them all too report me if i did not gift her i said no again.So then all of a sudden outta no where there were like 25 reports on my screen.Then they started cussing me out then i switched realms then there was another 25 reports on my screen.From obviously them then they stopped i know the reports would not do anything but still its pretty pathetic.

Survivor
Mar 30, 2010
I know it is annoying,but people,you have to put into perspective that a lot of these players are just kids!Like 5 and 8 -year-olds!

Destiny Mistwalker,
Master Diviner

Squire
Apr 30, 2010
If they are asking for a mount, they can buy a mount for gold. Tell the beggars that. I have six wizards and only one of them (my life) has a mount. Right now, I'm saving up gold for my death one to buy a mount and she's almost there. I have one friend that did that too and I've told him I don't have crowns either. He's was great about it.

Historian
May 01, 2010
Castagere wrote:
Someone today asked me to give them my pet. I never will understand people like this. At least he didn't try to friend me first.

lol, i once had something like that, it was way back when i was very new to the game and was "blind" to all the scams. a random person came up to me claiming he worked for KI (as i said, this was back when i was very trusting on the game) and i believed him, he said he would gift me anything from the crown shop if i give him the pet i had on. (brown spider from ms pet store) so i was thinking when i agreed hey something that i bought for free for something that casts real money, yea he told me to go to my dorm and put my spider in the shared bank (lol dont laugh, i was new, i thought you can share items with the people in the room, and apparently so did he, which sadly i didnt see someone who worked for KI would know what its for right?) so then he went to there and tried to take it out, he said he couldnt and i tried to trouble shoot, never worked, so then he ran away when i actually started to question him and he deleted me :/ fingures.

but anyway, dont you just love it when someone tries to report you when you say no, and then starts cursing at you when he sees that doesnt work? man i love it cause i always try to explain to people who threaten to report me, and then curse me out, that "plz dont curse cause what we are saying is being logged" which usually leads to more cursing.

Survivor
Mar 20, 2010
Tweetybird - you can share your mount with your wizards. I finally broke down and bought the cheapest broom for my girls. It is a bit annoying. The one with the broom has to go to dorm and put it in shared bank and the next wizard has to then go and get it out of the shared bank. I tend to only play one wizard for a while so it is worth it. 40% faster really helps! My girls love their broom!

Defender
Jan 28, 2010
Yes it is anoying. I would like to say something that no one else has bothered to say though. not all the beggers are rube when you say no. One day I was asked if i could gift a mount I told them no i had saved gold to buy the one i am on. She said awesome and went on asking others. Well It didnt take long for someone to start harassing this person. yelling at them and calling them poor and things like that. Before long there was alot of people yelling at her. Now unless something was said in privite text or whisper she had done nothing but beg. I have seen this happen other times. Its not always the beggers being rude. I'm not saying its ok to beg. But its also not ok to randomly yall at the person either.

Squire
Apr 30, 2010
991952, I've tried that and decided it was too much of a hassle. Cheapest mount is 50,00 is gold. My death has about 30,00 of that saved up. I don't have to buy wands, decks, or clothes because it is an account with six wizards and I use all the wands, decks, etc.that my life "outgrows".

Defender
Aug 06, 2010
I don't lie - I say "Sorry I do have some crowns, but I'm saving up for something" (like mega snacks to raise pets or a mount.)

I have also told people - "I can't. I buy most of my stuff by using earned gold" (2 houses and 2 mounts - see, it can be done!) And then I suggest they farm some bosses.

Defender
Mar 07, 2009
it happened to me i got the epic bundle i had the mount on me then this guy and came up and said can you gift me that and i said i can't then he kept asking so i ported away

Survivor
Nov 07, 2010
Survivor
Aug 24, 2010
I have gotten the crowns mounts by people just giving me them without asking. One day it was my birthday and one of my friends asked when my birthday was i said well it is today about five minutes later i had 3 crown mounts from that person, a manta ray, a lobster and a sea turtle mount all permanent, He told me happy birthday here are your presents. I said, You didn't have to gift me those mounts I know you work really hard to get crowns. I can only afford a sub and every now and then crowns. I told him that i would save up my crowns so i can gift him something back and he said he didn't want anything back. Was i wrong for even saying i would gift him back cause he gave me three permanent crown mounts and i didn't ask for them. This person is 16 years old. The only under 18 year old i have on my friends list. Then later on i recieved a pet rock gifted to me and don't know who gifted to me. I feel really bad that i have recieved these gifts. I have too horse mounts, Too dragon mounts, too broom mounts, a lion mount, a lioness mount and a tiger mount that i have boughten with gold and I have the griffin mount which i had to save up for to get cause i am a mom and i have a kid that comes first. What should i do in this situtation when someone gifts me things with out me asking?
Alexis Redcloud, ice wiz, lvl 29