Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Rude pvp players

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Mar 07, 2009
I like the pvp system. There are only a few complaints i can point out. But now i am sick and tierd of my major complaint. Rude pvp players! I go into duels and there is always some one improvising for cuse words! Yes i report them, but it is just a warning to them. And they dont seem to care. If i lose a duel, they always say GG, which in my opinion is rude. Great you won, you have to show off? And then the kids that play ( younger them 13) are using cuse words, but improvising! I am starting to dislike pvp. Can kingsile please do something about this? Please put monetors to watch the games and make sure no trash talk is being used. When i came to wizard101 from other games with even ruder players, i expacted friendly players in wizard101, well so much for that.
Your concerned necromancer,
James, lvl 60, necromancer

Survivor
Jun 29, 2010
I can understand that there are rude players in this game, but how is telling someone GG after a duel, rude?
GG means good game.
This in no way is mean or showing off. You should've looked it up first instead of assuming it's being rude.

Megan Silvertail Legendary Sorcerer
Megan Greentail Adept Thuergist

Defender
Dec 01, 2010
GG is good game. Most sports or competitions always have trash talk but in the ends it all about fun. They're saying GG as in you gave the a good fight. I always say GG regardless of win or loose. I think it is respectful thing to do and isn't rude by any measures. Look at basketball after every game regardless of who got into a fight with who on the court or beat them up or gave them an ugly look at the end of the match they're always shaking hands telling each other good game.

I hope this helps you see it in a different light.

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
Explorer
Dec 21, 2008
jameslc99 wrote:
I like the pvp system. There are only a few complaints i can point out. But now i am sick and tierd of my major complaint. Rude pvp players! I go into duels and there is always some one improvising for cuse words! Yes i report them, but it is just a warning to them. And they dont seem to care. If i lose a duel, they always say GG, which in my opinion is rude. Great you won, you have to show off? And then the kids that play ( younger them 13) are using cuse words, but improvising! I am starting to dislike pvp. Can kingsile please do something about this? Please put monetors to watch the games and make sure no trash talk is being used. When i came to wizard101 from other games with even ruder players, i expacted friendly players in wizard101, well so much for that.

Hmmm....I Disagree with the previous 3 posters. If your in a fight and you get wiped out within like say 5-6 turns, and you feel you didnt do your best against your opponent, sometimes GG is a little offensive. You feel like they just kicked you around and it can feel like they are rubbing it in a little. There are times where I dont say GG because I think I will get a negative response from the other person(s).

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
minigiant9 wrote:
jameslc99 wrote:

Hmmm....I Disagree with the previous 3 posters. If your in a fight and you get wiped out within like say 5-6 turns, and you feel you didnt do your best against your opponent, sometimes GG is a little offensive. You feel like they just kicked you around and it can feel like they are rubbing it in a little. There are times where I dont say GG because I think I will get a negative response from the other person(s).

the only people that think gg is bad to say, or offensive are all sore losers!!!!!!!! did you ever play a sport when you were little. they made you say gg no matter what. i would get beat in some sport games like 30 to 3, did i still say gg YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Survivor
May 16, 2009
Well, I can see where some of you are coming from. I can get on there, people who are stronger then me will pick me, then as they play they will say things like, "You don't stand a chance noob." I have seen the word noob used way too much for me. Also, whenever I play, I always say good luck at the beginning of the game. Then some people, though this isnt a major offense, will say whatever noob.Again, the word noob is used! Ugh, I wish someone could resolve this problem.

Fallon MoonDust Adept Sorcerer

Survivor
Jan 02, 2011
Well actually GG means more than just 1 thing, yes it does mean good game but also it can mean good god or other stuff that im sure wizard101 wouldnt allow anyone to say in here without getting banned but the point is, i can agree with you and i know people do show of and yes i know where you going.

Survivor
Aug 10, 2009
in my opinion of being rude in pvps are 1.no healing [which is normal]2.showing off most importanly not being nice like some1 puts a trap on some1 then the other guy thatis on his team uses some weak damage waht BAD

Explorer
Jan 04, 2011
In competitive online gaming... It's standard to say "gl hf" (Good luck, have fun) in the beginning and "gg" (Good Game) at the end.

Usually it's the victor that says "gg" but it's not always the case. "GG" means "You put up a good fight. You are worthy."

In fact, I only say "GG" when my opponent puts up a decent showing --- because I don't want to cheapen the word with overuse.

Survivor
Feb 15, 2010
Wait. They might have said GG because they won. They would have said noob if the opponent lost. In my opinion basically if they say noob if they lost and GG if they win, it's basically rude. I have to agree.

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2009
redninja91 wrote:
I can understand that there are rude players in this game, but how is telling someone GG after a duel, rude?
GG means good game.
This in no way is mean or showing off. You should've looked it up first instead of assuming it's being rude.

Megan Silvertail Legendary Sorcerer
Megan Greentail Adept Thuergist
i thought gg meant gotta go?

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2009
Rinaching wrote:
Well, I can see where some of you are coming from. I can get on there, people who are stronger then me will pick me, then as they play they will say things like, "You don't stand a chance noob." I have seen the word noob used way too much for me. Also, whenever I play, I always say good luck at the beginning of the game. Then some people, though this isnt a major offense, will say whatever noob.Again, the word noob is used! Ugh, I wish someone could resolve this problem.

Doesnt noob mean newbie?

Survivor
May 16, 2009
I think it does, but people use it as an insult. Basically, its two things.
1) People calling others unexperienced and weak.
2) People who hear others say it and then call someone else it to be mean, not knowing what it means.
Either way it can still be kinda hurtful. :?

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
Nicitas wrote:
Rinaching wrote:

Doesnt noob mean newbie?

kinda, newbie means new player and noob means your bad at the game.

Survivor
Feb 11, 2010
jameslc99 wrote:
Um, no offense to whatever you think GG means if you thing it means "gotta go" that isn't what it means it means good game and that is not rude!!!!! I say gg all the time it means gg because I DO NOT want to be rude to them

~James Iceheart Legendary Pyromancer

Survivor
Feb 11, 2010
Yingu wrote:
In competitive online gaming... It's standard to say "gl hf" (Good luck, have fun) in the beginning and "gg" (Good Game) at the end.

Usually it's the victor that says "gg" but it's not always the case. "GG" means "You put up a good fight. You are worthy."

In fact, I only say "GG" when my opponent puts up a decent showing --- because I don't want to cheapen the word with overuse.
I say gg if I lose or if I win because sometimes When I used to be a commander everyone used to beat me so I ranked down to private but when they beat me as a private they said you will rank up in no time so now I say "GG" to them and say you will rank up in no time to be nice

Survivor
Feb 11, 2010
minigiant9 wrote:
jameslc99 wrote:

"GG" well I disagree with you gg means good game and is not rude at all.
you can also say gl hv in the beginning (good luck have fun) or gj at the end it you won (good job)
~James Iceheart Legendary Pyromancer

Survivor
May 15, 2009
minigiant9 wrote:
jameslc99 wrote:

I must respectfully disagree with you especially in this situation. If you knew you didn't do your best maybe instead of getting upset because your opponent is showing some respect, you should maybe want to get upset at yourself and your strategy for that game. Take a loss and just learn from it don't get mad at anyone.

Survivor
Feb 27, 2010
I too dislike rude players who get a bit of trash talk like "good luck your gonna need it noob." But then they say blank that person. I hate it when people swear in pvp it ruins everything and i report those people. Pvp is supposed to be fun and enjoyable but not when people swear. And i don't say gg at the end of the game i say good luck at the beginning.

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
The best is when someone says gg before the win, honestly that's the only thing that pushes my buttons. Calling it early is just bad sportsmanship.

Defender
Aug 03, 2009
jameslc99 wrote:

Same here. I did a 2v2 with a friend. We were mathced against a Fire and Myth guy. After a long battle, my friend and I lost after I succumbed to an Orthrus form the Myth guy. THe thing is, if he had fizzled, or if I had gone first, I would have summoned a Judgement which would have won the duel for my team. All in all, it was one of the most fun battles of my Wizard's virtual life, with my strategy constantly being put to the test. After the battle, my friend was constantly harassed by these two, getting text bubbles saying "you and your friend are bad" or "you are so weak" I never received said messages, maybe he only received them because he was a lower level than the opponents. I think rude PvP-ers ruin the experience.

Delver
Sep 26, 2009
Its true that rude pvpers make pvp not fun but GG isnt bad. Its just soemthing to say when your done. Would you prefer "Hahahahha i beat you", or "Looser!!"? I think that GG is quite good compared to this. It seems to have a different effect from each pvp ad coming from each person and who is receving it. Personally i have never gotten GG in a bad way.

For the word noob, i dont think its a very nice word. I get called it sometimes but i dont really care. I dont use it most of the time and i NEVER call people that. WHen i do use it its for cloths because i cant think of anything else at the moment because i am to tired.

Survivor
Nov 25, 2009
i was doing ranked pvp and i play this life person. she did treasure shields
after when she won she called me a noob even though she used real shields and treasure towers. she's mean

Defender
Mar 27, 2010
minigiant9 wrote:
jameslc99 wrote:

I dont know what you are thinking, but GG isnt offensive at all. If you had read the last three posts clearly, you would know what GG means. If you havent read the last three posts clearly, GG means Good Game. that shows good sportmanship. I still agree with you that some players are rude but people shoudnt go offending people. Its normal to lose. But I think its a bit imposible for a legendery necromancer to lose in 5-6 rounds.

lvl 38 pyromancer
Hunter Wild Horn