Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What countries the Worlds are based on

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 06, 2010
These are just my opinions of what they are based on (Real places);

Wizard City: 18th or 19th century America

Krokotopia: Egypt and The Middle East

Grizzleheim: Scandinavia and the Nordic Countries

Marleybone: Marylebone, in England

Mooshu: Somewhere in Chinese History

Dragonspyre: Russia or Ukraine

Celestia: British Indian Ocean Territory

...How's THAT for social studies homework?!

Survivor
Oct 06, 2009
I wish social studies was that easy(and related to wizard 101)... :)

Survivor
Jun 06, 2009
Cool, but i think Mooshu is between China and Tokyo lol

Survivor
Sep 23, 2008
Wizard City does seem like a sort of old Massachusetts town, doesn't it? lol.
Krokotopia is based off of Egypt.
Marleybone is more of a London type thing, due to Big Ben and such.
Grizzleheim is Scandinavia, during the Viking period.
MooShu is based off of a mix of Chinese, Japanese, and Korean culture.
Dragonspyre is sort of like ancient Greece and Rome, by looking at the architecture (tall, elaborate pillars and such).
And Celestia is based off of Atlantis, what the Greeks believed to be a sunken empire somewhere in the Atlantic Ocean.

I hope this helped! :D

Kyle ShadowStaff
Grandmaster Necromancer

Survivor
Apr 06, 2010
9crash97 wrote:
Dragonspyre is sort of like ancient Greece and Rome, by looking at the architecture (tall, elaborate pillars and such).
And Celestia is based off of Atlantis, what the Greeks believed to be a sunken empire somewhere in the Atlantic Ocean.

Kyle ShadowStaff
Grandmaster Necromancer

At Dragonspyre, I meant Russia relating to the architecture of the Moscow towers, and their accent, which also might be Ukrainian.

At Celestia, it can be BIOT because Celestia also has The Floating Land, which (in my opinion) relates to one of the islands there, and the dogs come from Marleybone with a British accent.

Delver
Sep 18, 2009
Mooshu is more based off japeneese because that is where the onis are from.

Champion
Jan 23, 2009
If I had to guess I would more likely said wiz city was 15-16 century England (Europe in general, France or spain also had a similar look)

Rivendale (sp?) the schools are interesting as they seem to be a village in a forrest that could be any time.

Old town, Unicorn Lane is more of less Colonal American As it is clearly a port area, and Like the first 13 states ALL seashore (coast) states (needed for trade) The American aspect of this game only loans itself with Through subtilties (for instance the nod at the wizard of Oz in Unicorn lane or the Halloween references that are A-typical American)

Colossal Lane is Roman and Greek in nature but the housing is kind of off in most spots but you can see what they were going for.

Krok is easily a take on 19th century Middle East (mostly egyptian)

Marley is easy The Late 1800's (yes the days of Jack the Ripper and the time in which Shelock Holmes was proported to "live" in) Hence the dresses!

Mooshu is Asian but I am unsure if it is Chinese or Japanese but is clearly pre-ming Dynasty in lore (Moodha, the Samari warriors, the Ninja pigs all asian but different country lores) however the buildinds are clearly Chinese.

Dragonspyre is Based on the Fantastic Lores Camalot, albiet AFTER a major attack.

Celestia is straight outta two stories First is easy that the Alantis myth and the next is 20,000 Leagues under the sea.

If I had to guess the English Lores of Magic and Wizards and Witches are main theme, but the game gives a real nod to German, Greek, Roman and Asian magical Lores.

Hope this helps, and remember its not fact just my opinions.

Survivor
Apr 06, 2010
Sojourna wrote:
If I had to guess I would more likely said wiz city was 15-16 century England (Europe in general, France or spain also had a similar look)

Rivendale (sp?) the schools are interesting as they seem to be a village in a forrest that could be any time.

Old town, Unicorn Lane is more of less Colonal American As it is clearly a port area, and Like the first 13 states ALL seashore (coast) states (needed for trade) The American aspect of this game only loans itself with Through subtilties (for instance the nod at the wizard of Oz in Unicorn lane or the Halloween references that are A-typical American)

Colossal Lane is Roman and Greek in nature but the housing is kind of off in most spots but you can see what they were going for.

Marley is easy The Late 1800's (yes the days of Jack the Ripper and the time in which Shelock Holmes was proported to "live" in) Hence the dresses!

Mooshu is Asian but I am unsure if it is Chinese or Japanese but is clearly pre-ming Dynasty in lore (Moodha, the Samari warriors, the Ninja pigs all asian but different country lores) however the buildinds are clearly Chinese.

Dragonspyre is Based on the Fantastic Lores Camalot, albiet AFTER a major attack.

Celestia is straight outta two stories First is easy that the Alantis myth and the next is 20,000 Leagues under the sea.

If I had to guess the English Lores of Magic and Wizards and Witches are main theme, but the game gives a real nod to German, Greek, Roman and Asian magical Lores.

Hope this helps, and remember its not fact just my opinions.

Just remember that Atlantis was not explored by British people, or the fact that Atlantis doesn't have domes.

Survivor
Sep 23, 2008
Stormycloud123456 wrote:
9crash97 wrote:

Kyle ShadowStaff
Grandmaster Necromancer

At Dragonspyre, I meant Russia relating to the architecture of the Moscow towers, and their accent, which also might be Ukrainian.

At Celestia, it can be BIOT because Celestia also has The Floating Land, which (in my opinion) relates to one of the islands there, and the dogs come from Marleybone with a British accent.

Hmm, maybe you're right! I never considered the Dragonspyre accents! It could POSSIBLY be Russian. Good observation! lol. :)

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
mooshu is feudal japan. the ninja and samurai werent a slight tip off. lol

Survivor
Apr 06, 2010
9crash97 wrote:
Stormycloud123456 wrote:
9crash97 wrote:

Kyle ShadowStaff
Grandmaster Necromancer

Hmm, maybe you're right! I never considered the Dragonspyre accents! It could POSSIBLY be Russian. Good observation! lol. :)

Oh, and if you ever heard Ukrainian, it's a Russian accent with a slight blend of German.

Survivor
Apr 01, 2010
Well I know for sure Marleybone is based on England because of the Big Ben Clocktower which is somewhere in England.

Mooshu I'd say from common sense, China. You can tell from the architecture as well, because of the temple like buildings.

Krokotopia, Egypt, because of the Sphinx in Krokosphinx and the pyramids and tombs. Also I see the familiar names of Egyptian pharoahs and gods from the bosses and minions, and names of places.

Wizard City, I guess would be like in the B.C. times like when the Romans had their big empires, fighting in the Colesseum Arena, and there is an arena in Unicorn Way!

Grizzleheim, maybe Norway because of the vikings, or Ireland, because of the grassy lands, and animals.

Celestia, is just underwater themed. It isn't really based on a realy place, just generally an ocean.

I hope this was helpful, and I can give you a lot more info on this, if you would like because I just thought I would make it too long and specific.

Explorer
Dec 16, 2009
I think you are right.

John Thundercaster ~ Fire, Life, and Ice
Lvl 39

Andrew Earth ~ Balance, and Myth
Lvl 14

Defender
Dec 04, 2010
Wizard City- Based on Hogwarts, looks more of a European Medieval Place
Krokotopia- Egypt, due to the fact of desert, tombs, etc.
Marleybone- England, due to the accents and technology
Grizzleheim- Scandanavia, due to the combat skills and mountains
Mooshu- Ancient Asia, due to music and buildings
Dragonspyre- Some old burnt city, unknown to me
Celestia- Atlantis, due to it being underwater

Defender
May 21, 2009
Stormycloud123456 wrote:
9crash97 wrote:

Kyle ShadowStaff
Grandmaster Necromancer

I personally think that The Floating Land is more Polynesian than that of an British colony in the Indian Ocean. You can tell this by the Water Moles & the archetecure. The both scream Polynesia. Also Britian did have colonies in the Pacific so it would make sense. Thank you for reading!

Survivor
Jan 02, 2011
Survivor
Mar 19, 2010

I guess you aren't very good at geography, because Egypt is in Africa, not the Middle East. Sorry, but it's true :)

Explorer
Jun 14, 2009
scupert12345 wrote:
Dragonspyre= hawii?

Where did that idea come from?