Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

do you ever defeat malistare??

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 20, 2008
Defender
Jul 31, 2008
Survivor
Sep 29, 2008
Administrator
Malistaire has many more tricks up his oversized sleeves.
Don't count him out of the picture any time soon.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Sep 02, 2008
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:

i saw an ice beetle on my sceen crawl why!?!?!?

Survivor
Dec 12, 2008
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:

ok, but like, what if i see Malistare walking back from the grocery store and I rip his robe sleeves off? :-o What will he do then?

I know! Would you be willing to maybe...disclose malistare's P.O box, professor? I may have a package...A PACKAGE OF DOOM! A.K.A My imp Leo. He's a very angry little imp, and every time I leave him in my dorm room he tears the sleeves off of my spare robes!

I'm sorry, that was me being dumb. I HIGHLY doubt we will get the chance to fight Malistare anytime soon. I wouldn't mind one of those fights that you have to lose though, jsut to see how powerful HE is, y'know?

Explorer
Nov 07, 2008
Guys you probably must know by now {I hope} but Mrs.Greyrose you obviously know that in Dragonspyre the last person you face is Malistaire.
But don't go rushing to get to him because I transported to one of my friends and he was a rank 10 death boss with 10,000 health. Oh and i've got a list of the things you NEED to know before battling him.

1. He is at the Crown of Fire in DragonSpyre{top of the Valcano}
2. It is an instanced level and you CANNOT do it alone
3.Before you get to him you must battle TWO dragon gaurds. Make sure you split into two groups to attack them both so that if one is killed you can help the others defeat the other one because they will respawn after a while.
4.He has two wraith Gaurdians {don't know what their called but are rank 7 elite death}.
5. He Can use Wraith so pay attention!
6.Death wizards to be advised to put SEVERAL converts in their decks.

After you win {if you win} Cyrus calls you back to him, sais he'll be in Merle's office, you go to Merle, he congragulates you and does something I forgot about. Hope the guide helps!

Squire
Dec 02, 2008
I'm very glad to hear that players eventually get to take on Malistaire. I hate how some game storylines never let anything get resolved except for minor side plots that you really don't care about. Some games have storylines degenerate to the point where the only reasons you're fighting anything is either 1) you need to level, or 2) it drops epics. If you're setting out to save the world, you ought to be able to save the world.

Explorer
Dec 14, 2008
Grey G, they are making a new world so i doubt you fight malistair in dragonspyre

Survivor
Sep 12, 2008
If i could post a pic of my battle with Malistare Drake I would, but its truth, we batle malistare in DS. Where's my proof, here it is. The Great Spyre, an instance that cannot be done alone. Cross the path of sccales, get through the guards and head for the elevator, once your up in the dragon roost, two helephant bosses show up and will stop at nothing to defeat you (Keep a camera close, one just might do Scarecrow.) Now that that's over with, split up and head for the three crystals, time yourself young wizard they MUST be activated at the same time. Once that over with proceed to the crown of fire where two guards wait for you (Be smart young one, they must be defeated at the same time for the next door to open. Break throgh till you reach malistares room, where four more guards wait for you, (Pack up on Area spells, the battle will go much faster), Now that thats over with proceed to malistare for the Final Battle, YOU vs. Malistare Drake, defeat him and proceed to the headmasters office, DO NOT DO if you werent even give the quest to defeat him. If you still dont believe me, wait and see for youself.

8)300 8)

Survivor
Jul 12, 2008
Sharingan300 wrote:
If i could post a pic of my battle with Malistare Drake I would, but its truth, we batle malistare in DS. Where's my proof, here it is. The Great Spyre, an instance that cannot be done alone. Cross the path of sccales, get through the guards and head for the elevator, once your up in the dragon roost, two helephant bosses show up and will stop at nothing to defeat you (Keep a camera close, one just might do Scarecrow.) Now that that's over with, split up and head for the three crystals, time yourself young wizard they MUST be activated at the same time. Once that over with proceed to the crown of fire where two guards wait for you (Be smart young one, they must be defeated at the same time for the next door to open. Break throgh till you reach malistares room, where four more guards wait for you, (Pack up on Area spells, the battle will go much faster), Now that thats over with proceed to malistare for the Final Battle, YOU vs. Malistare Drake, defeat him and proceed to the headmasters office, DO NOT DO if you werent even give the quest to defeat him. If you still dont believe me, wait and see for youself.

8)300 8)

This is true!!! You do battle Malistaire at the end of Dragonspyre. He is Death with 10,000 hp. Was a fun battle being death myself. Stacking shields is the key! I killed him with a final blow of 7,777 points! The other person in my group can atest to this!!! Best battle yet in Wizard 101!

Heather Ravenblood
Level 50 - Death/Life
Badge - Savior Of The Spiral

Explorer
Dec 14, 2008
sorry :( i thought because they are making a new world you don't fight malistare, now i think he was just a pawn

Mastermind
Oct 17, 2008
I think that Malistaire will come back to life somehow, or maybe you really didn't defeat him.

It isn't fair though, because in my creative writing story I was planning on killing Malistaire in MooShu and with the opening of Dragonspyre he somehow came back. Now I'm getting suspicious and thinking that my story may just come true... I started writing before Dragonspyre so I had no idea that you actually battle Malistaire. Darn, there goes one idea. :-)

But yes Malistaire is a boss and as so many others have said, he's rank ten with 10,000 health.

Survivor
Dec 18, 2008
irishfanpro wrote:
sorry :( i thought because they are making a new world you don't fight malistare, now i think he was just a pawn

i agree that he was just a pawn. i fought him and to be honest, it wasnt that hard of a quest. it just takes awhile. when you get to him, it's like a soap opera: "oh my darling Sylvia i miss you"... etc

but i'm extremely curious to see what comes up after. since the storyline seems to be finished after you fight him (since everything was a build up to fight him/stop him)

Survivor
Feb 13, 2009
DaNERD279 wrote:
Do you ever verse malistare in any of the worlds
You verse him at dragonsphere in his lair.

Explorer
Mar 11, 2009
I think the battle with Malistaire was fun. I went in with 3 wonderful friends and we worked well together. The key is to have good wizards with you. Strong and helpful friends are the best. Good luck :D

Survivor
Jun 20, 2009
Survivor
Dec 30, 2008
You fight him at the end of dragonspyre. I can't wait to fight him! I am a level 44 Master Sorcerer (also part ice) Can't wait!

Savannah Ashdreamer
level 44 Master Sorcerer
GO BALANCE AND ICE!

Explorer
Feb 08, 2009
I fought him twice, once on my balance and once on my fire. When i fought him on my fir guy i had 2 death friends with me and they killed his minions with one wraith hit.

Dylan Firecaster Level 30 Pyro MooSho
Gavin Battlesword Level 22 Balance MarleyBone

Defender
Mar 01, 2009
i fought him at least three times. he is fun an you can get good items from him. i get bored when they do that argument with malistare cyrus and sylvia. i always say that malistare is my father (not true but i wish it was) and other weird things he is the best boss ever casue he has tons of guards and you have to be with at least three people to get to him :P :P :D :P

i wanna fight him again!! =)

Survivor
Aug 29, 2009
hobodavid wrote:
I fought him twice, once on my balance and once on my fire. When i fought him on my fir guy i had 2 death friends with me and they killed his minions with one wraith hit.

Dylan Firecaster Level 30 Pyro MooSho
Gavin Battlesword Level 22 Balance MarleyBone

LOL I was one of the Death Grands who helped. HIYA :D

Anyway by the time you get to this quest in the game you are well prepared to face Malistair and everything the dungeon has to offer you, (Muhahaha) There is a lot to fight in there, but it can be done and you will find he offers the BEST robe for each school, so you will fight until you get it, I did. :D And now.....I like going back and fighting him just for the heck of it.
Dont rush getting there though, getting there is half the fun. :D Good Luck

Gabrielle Deathcaster Level 50 Death

Survivor
Oct 17, 2008
Survivor
May 22, 2009
not to bring you down or anything, but, malistare is nothing compared to Jotun in grizzzheim, three rank seven bosses that all have 7000 or 7500 lives each. now that's hard. it's like vs three jade onis at once. and yes you do get to beat malistare he's not sooo bad, my grand life (wolf darkstaff) hit 13500 on malistare that was an accomplishment when you go to beat malistare bring a life, storm, balance, if you can! here are some tips!

1. don't even try the week attacks because they don't do anything!

2. bring the strongest friends you can it will help!

3. if you don't get the robe you wanted DONT GIVE UP try again, or go to the malistare's chest and buy it with crowns!

4. after you beat malistare and got what you wanted i'd go to pvp arena, because, IT'S FUN

5. BALANCE RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

James DayShade

Survivor
Jun 24, 2009
:Pdude i think we kill malistare and then they will make a wizards 101 2 when like 5,000 ppl do it or some thing like that. then they will think of somethings and the best death and life and so on will be the weaked but like life would still be 515-595 and they will make more stuff and then like they will have malistares siser be like 30,000. COOL yay

Survivor
Oct 23, 2009
kylethekid wrote:
:Pdude i think we kill malistare and then they will make a wizards 101 2 when like 5,000 ppl do it or some thing like that. then they will think of somethings and the best death and life and so on will be the weaked but like life would still be 515-595 and they will make more stuff and then like they will have malistares siser be like 30,000. COOL yay

that would WAY to hard i'm a level 49 life student

LIFE ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!