Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Malistaire and Morganthe

AuthorMessage
Delver
Feb 01, 2010
is there any connection to malistaire and morganthe you know other then the fact that they're evil and want to destroy/takeover the spiral

Hero
Jul 27, 2009
Delver
Feb 01, 2010
hobi wrote:
maybe mory is little sis?
no probably big sis cause she looks older and she supposed to be stronger then malistaire i'll bet when we have to fight morganthe she will be rank 20 and have 50000 health

Survivor
Feb 04, 2009
joey110498 wrote:
is there any connection to malistaire and morganthe you know other then the fact that they're evil and want to destroy/takeover the spiral

The only real connection is that they are evil and want to take over the spiral. There is a lot of debate on Central about Morganthe. So far it has been decided that we will consider Celestia the first world of the "Morganthe Arc". Such as WC, KT, MB, MS, and DS were part of the "Malistare Arc". Considering you don't get to fight Morganthe yet, this is probably the most reasonable explanation.

Survivor
Mar 31, 2010
I'd find it neat if Morganthe was the catalyst behind Malistate's attempt at ruling the spiral. Perhaps Morganthe is the one he gave Bartlby's eye to...

Well he has to have put it somewhere!? It'd make sense if he traded it to gain more power.

Delver
Oct 08, 2010
Delver
Oct 08, 2010
Armontiiago wrote:
I'd find it neat if Morganthe was the catalyst behind Malistate's attempt at ruling the spiral. Perhaps Morganthe is the one he gave Bartlby's eye to...

Well he has to have put it somewhere!? It'd make sense if he traded it to gain more power.

Ya, what really happened to his eye? Is it gone forever? I would like to see the eye come back in one of the quests in the next worlds.

Defender
Jul 13, 2009
My friend told me she was his daughter, dont know if it true or not ;) ;) :? :? :? :x :x

Mastermind
Jan 25, 2010
Actually, um, Morganthe and Malistaire have no connection at all.
At the end of the game (was helping a few friends) I think she said she was siblings with Headmaster Ambrose.

And I bet we will fight Morganthe soon...

Survivor
Jan 15, 2009
There are lots of little connections between the two, which I find cool. We know why malistaire went mad, it was because his wife caught a "COLD" and dies no mater what anyone did to try save her. The lady in old town tells you part of that story and Rattle Bones I believe tells you the other part of it. But why was she infected in the first place, that is one of the questions never answered. Another cool bit is some of the gear and items you find in the spiral worlds do not always have a connection to Malistaire but connect more with Celestia. The watch in fire cat ally, the Umber Sword (Promotional item) and many more. They might not be directly related but the actions of I believe Morganthe, lead to Malistaires Madness, who knows there are many more world yet to be discovered before the truth is reveled. XD until then Keep your imagination open, who knows what cool tid-bits will be thrown our way.

Defender
May 12, 2009
Armontiiago wrote:

Well remember, Malistaire was evil because of the death of his "beloved sylvia" so i think he would use bartelby's eye to see her and enchant it to bring her back or something plus if morganthe was there at the time malistaire would just be a mere servant cowering on his knees while trying to look tough to us :?

Defender
May 12, 2009
backwoodschopper wrote:
There are lots of little connections between the two, which I find cool. We know why malistaire went mad, it was because his wife caught a "COLD" and dies no mater what anyone did to try save her. The lady in old town tells you part of that story and Rattle Bones I believe tells you the other part of it. But why was she infected in the first place, that is one of the questions never answered. Another cool bit is some of the gear and items you find in the spiral worlds do not always have a connection to Malistaire but connect more with Celestia. The watch in fire cat ally, the Umber Sword (Promotional item) and many more. They might not be directly related but the actions of I believe Morganthe, lead to Malistaires Madness, who knows there are many more world yet to be discovered before the truth is reveled. XD until then Keep your imagination open, who knows what cool tid-bits will be thrown our way.

There was practically a whole forum on if wizard 101 could come up with anything better than a cold

Mastermind
Sep 11, 2010
Malistaire was not quite so much evil, as that he just wanted his wife back - consequences be damned! (stealing the future-vision eye of the Grandfather Tree, bringing the slumbering tyrants of Krokotopia back to life, and attempting to wake up an ancient Dragon God that destroyed an entire world centuries ago? Who cares, he gets Sylvia back!)

Morganthe, in contrast, seems directly evil. We haven't, though, seen that much to her, so it gets tricky in trying to figure out what exactly her motivation is. We know that she wants to get her hands onto the secrets of Celestian Magic; first by waging war against the Celestians (and wiping out their civilization in the process when the Celestians' attempt of defence sunk Celestia) thousands of years ago, and now by attacking us and the Marleybonian archeologists.

Again, her whole agenda seems to be to get Astral magic - although what exactly she wants to use it for is unknown. After all, she is a queen in her own right and at least commanded (the vote is still out if she lost all of her troops in the attack on Celestia and never really recovered anything but their ghosts) a massive army.

So, no, they are definitely not siblings. Morganthe may be a distant ancestor to Cyrus and Malistaire, but they are most certainly not siblings (unless Cyrus and Malistaire both are as old as Celestia).

Survivor
Mar 30, 2009
ok well Greyrose can prove me wrong but in one of her comments she said she has 2 half sisters maybe she is one of the 2?? (morganthe)