Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Whats the point of true friends?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 15, 2009
i added my friend as a true friend, and before you say it, we know each other irl. well, we both have text chat. and true friends say you can talk in filtered chat. is this only for menu chat people? what does it do?

Survivor
Jun 05, 2010
It doesnt really do anything. If you port to that friend alot, or you talk to them the most or something like that, you click the star and make them a "true friend". All this really does is make that persons name purple whenever you see them, and put their name on the top of every list it is on. It can actually be a really helpful tool.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
I think it's so you can speak in unfiltered chat. That's the only thing that really makes sense. I only used it once for my e-pal in Australia, but all it did was add her to my True Friends list. It didn't indicate any True Friend "perks". In response to Maddz117's post, I think you can only do that if it's known to KI that you're 18+ (in other words, if you have Open Chat).

Explorer
May 20, 2010
Well I don't really know about what everyone else is saying; however, my husband and I added each other to our friends' list by the use of a True Friend Code, which allowed us to add each other without actually being in the same realm; then we teleported to each other.

I believe the star that is being discussed in other posts, is to make that friend a favourite friend. They will always be at the top of your friends' list if they are online.

Delver
Sep 18, 2009
Maddz117 wrote:
It doesnt really do anything. If you port to that friend alot, or you talk to them the most or something like that, you click the star and make them a "true friend". All this really does is make that persons name purple whenever you see them, and put their name on the top of every list it is on. It can actually be a really helpful tool.

No thats best friends.

Survivor
May 15, 2009
Ok, guys, my friends name is like a neon green on my friends list, but thats it. No unfiltered chat or anything like that. What does True Friends really mean, anyway? :? :-)