Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What to do about my 2nd school?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 28, 2008
Okay, so you see..

My main school is Life, and I've been putting my training points into Ice.

After a while.. I realized that when it comes to strength.. Ice and Life are rather weak.

Ice is barley any different than life except it doesn't have any healing spells and has a multi-target spell.
But when it comes to damage.. they aren't much different.

I'm around level 27, so the last spell I purchased with training points from the Ice school was Blizzard.

I'm not making a new character.
And although it doesn't take that long to level, I'd rather not start all over.

So should I quit using my training points on this school and start another or just finish up the Ice school?

Mastermind
Oct 17, 2008
I'm mainly ice, and you're right. Life and Ice probably weren't the best choices. But since you've already started it, finish it. Don't worry, ice isn't too bad. And once you learn centuar, then you'll be able to hit plenty, just with your life spells alone! Besides, you already have Seraph (right?) and if you combine it with a life blade or something then that can hit a ton. Besides, at a higher level you will learn a spell called I think Balefrost. Balefrost will boost all ice spells, which I'm sure will be really helpful to you. I know alot about this because my sister is life and I'm ice. Hope that was helpful :)

And if you ever do start over, death is actually the best to have second when you're life.

Survivor
Dec 28, 2008
okay. thanks =]

I guess I'll just finish it out.. and yeah.
I have life trap and shield so my weak life spells aren't always that bad and my gear gives me some really good cards so I've been okay with it.
Ice was useful when every monster I was fighting was fire though =]

So okay. I'll just finish out ice.

Survivor
Jun 28, 2008
gotscoolshoes wrote:
okay. thanks =]

I guess I'll just finish it out.. and yeah.
I have life trap and shield so my weak life spells aren't always that bad and my gear gives me some really good cards so I've been okay with it.
Ice was useful when every monster I was fighting was fire though =]

So okay. I'll just finish out ice.

I am a lvl 47 life wizard with 5 points of ice for the 50% sheild
I find the sheild very useful as I build my pips or to help in a group
I also took death for 2 points as it is a very cheap life tap, ghoul,
which I use to heal myself as I do a little damage
higher level spells do decent damage , but as in all schools you have to build up the pips, however as a follower of the leaf we can take as long as we want , as long as I can heal you will find it hard to kill me
there is no mob in the game I can not/have not soloed
keep in mind power pips only work on your shcool , spend fewer points in multiple shcools for the cheap low lvl spells you will use
dont concern yourself with getting the top off school spells, your not going to spend 6 power pips on a 6 cost off school spell
ask yourself what spell would I actually use, and stop at that spell