Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Help! I can't stop fizzling!

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
I am trying to do this boss on one of my newer wizards but I keep losing cause of fizzles! With 85% accuracy I fizzled twice in a row then hit then fizzled again! This is outrageous!

Delver
Mar 18, 2010
You might look at clothes with an accuracy boost. I have done that on my newbie Storm. It has helped.

Megan

Defender
Jun 04, 2009
well i have to agree that fizzles are outragous but deal with it!

Survivor
Dec 31, 2010
What school are you?

This might be your problem if you are Storm, the most commonly fizzling school, or another school with not as good accuracy.

~Sincerely, Amber Dragonblade - Ice.

Explorer
Mar 04, 2009
I assume that you are either balance or death, correct? If balance, you should have your precision spell. this will help greatly. Also invest in some keen eyes treasure cards or train the sun spells. Death, pretty much the same.

Historian
May 01, 2010
dont worry it happens to every single player (even life and ice sometimes)
sounds like you just had a bad day anyone agree?

Mastermind
Sep 11, 2010
Sadly, fizzling does happen, and if you're unlucky, you can run into a string of repeated fizzles. The best you can do, other than getting hold of some Keen Eye / Sniper treasure cards (found under Balance cards in the bazaar) is to make friends with a Theurgist and have them constantly give you accuracy boosts.

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
I have 80% accuracy with my Myth.

One time, I fizzled Orthrus 3 times in a row. It was absolutely crazy. The only reason I survived that Dragonspyre battle was because of my shields and my minion.

I imagine that happening in Celestia before you obtain your ending equipment. My wizard would have been black and blue, bruised, and sent packing!

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2009
I've heard of this happening. I went through something like that myself once. give it time, and itll go away

William Crowthistle, Legendary Pyromancer

Survivor
Apr 03, 2010
bravevline wrote:
I am trying to do this boss on one of my newer wizards but I keep losing cause of fizzles! With 85% accuracy I fizzled twice in a row then hit then fizzled again! This is outrageous!

your name says master wizard if so, why ask how not to fizzle?

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Okay, to those of you that really do not understand.

90% accuracy mean, you should only fizzle 10% of the time, meaning that 90 out of 100 times will work without a fizzle and that 10 of the times will fizzle.

Now, 99% accuracy, means that 99 times out of 100 will work. Not that you will fizzle 30 times out of 100, because that would be 70% accuracy, not 99%

Then you got the real wise guys that will say, well, if you take that in consideration of past and future it will balance out. If I have a life wizard that has and always has had 90% accuracy and there was a stats sheet showing the times a spell has worked and the times a spell has fizzled and it looked like this:

Spells: 14784
Casted: 10644
Fizzled: 4140
Now, 90% accuracy would mean 13305 would have been casted but with only 10644 being casted, you are looking at an accuracy rate of actually 72% Do you know how many times in the future you would have to successfully cast to make up the difference rate? Is that trying to figure in the times when you increase your accuracy to 100% in the future? No, it is not supposed to be this way. The Mathmatics in this game are FLAWED!

But, go ahead and rebuke this, somehow. People always have something to say!

Survivor
Dec 13, 2010
Dude i get what you mean i'm fire with a 75% no fizzle chance i got dead because i went in a really hard boss place and my friend left me there if my meteor strike didn't fizzle i would of lived My problem solving tip here is to go to wizard city bazzar and get some plus ice acurcy clothing and buy some tresure cards to help your no fizzle chance :-D

hope it helps,
Emily RubyBlade level 30

Historian
May 01, 2010
darthjt wrote:

90% accuracy mean, you should only fizzle 10% of the time, meaning that 90 out of 100 times will work without a fizzle and that 10 of the times will fizzle.

Now, 99% accuracy, means that 99 times out of 100 will work. Not that you will fizzle 30 times out of 100, because that would be 70% accuracy, not 99%

Then you got the real wise guys that will say, well, if you take that in consideration of past and future it will balance out. If I have a life wizard that has and always has had 90% accuracy and there was a stats sheet showing the times a spell has worked and the times a spell has fizzled and it looked like this:

Now, 90% accuracy would mean 13305 would have been casted but with only 10644 being casted, you are looking at an accuracy rate of actually 72% Do you know how many times in the future you would have to successfully cast to make up the difference rate? Is that trying to figure in the times when you increase your accuracy to 100% in the future? No, it is not supposed to be this way. The Mathmatics in this game are FLAWED!

when you were posting this did you even think about probability? if you have 20 balls in a bag, 14 are red and 6 are blue (70% accuracy) if you draw ten out of the bag there is a chance you get all reds and a chance that you get 6 blues and 4 reds, a 40% percent accuracy, so its still 70%, but you "got the short end of the stick". if you yell at math look at the math from ALL angles, once you do that, you can come back yelling.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
slammer111 wrote:
darthjt wrote:

when you were posting this did you even think about probability? if you have 20 balls in a bag, 14 are red and 6 are blue (70% accuracy) if you draw ten out of the bag there is a chance you get all reds and a chance that you get 6 blues and 4 reds, a 40% percent accuracy, so its still 70%, but you "got the short end of the stick". if you yell at math look at the math from ALL angles, once you do that, you can come back yelling.

Okay, I really should not be nice here, but you amused me, so I will break it down for you.

if you have 20 and you take one out, it is now 19 and to draw another will change the percentages again. Mathmatics is a science, not guess work. Someone said in another post about tossing a coin that has 2 sides, saying it is 50% chance of being heads or tails. Yes, that is true, it has a 50% chance, not that it is 50% accuracy. Once again, difference in mathmatics. Now, if changing it to 70% chance rather than 70% accuracy, there would be a difference. Is that too much for you?

Survivor
Feb 19, 2011
As storm i basically have learned to expect a lot of fizzles so what I do is simply stack the deck with more high pip nukes than I would normally with the expectation that my pips will build up while fizzling. As long as you expect it, you can build your deck so it isnt a disaster. Its not uncommon for me to fizzle absurdly and then end the fight quickly with 3 big nukes in a row. However if all my spells land its actually bad because my hand often ends up full with spells I dont have the pips to cast.