Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday - 1-7-11

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Folks,

First of all, thank you thank you thank you for such a <a href="https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/28600.ftl#154925">positive and productive thread</a> here. It's always a little challenging and scary when you tread into the waters of asking for negative feedback, but this was great.

Second, I wish I could discuss in more detail, but let me just say this. At least a handful of those items are either firmly on our 2011 plan or even already in progress. Which ones? You'll just have to stick around to find out...

An additional note: while I'm not all over the forums posting, I'm constantly pulling information about what's being said - I could make a full time job of it, but then a lot would go undone here in the office! Weekly, I compile what you might call the "zeitgeist" of the forums and discuss it with the team. While things can take time to filter from idea state to in game, and sometimes great ideas may just be rendered technically impossible or impractical, we always value what you guys and gals are saying and thinking.

Just have to put this here for posterity...

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

Now that we've discussed 2010 thoroughly, let's look forward. If you were given the magic wand, what ONE NEW THING would you add to Wizard101 this year? Let's stray from discussing changes to existing things (I think we've discussed that in detail on the last thread) to completely new and cool ideas. For example, try to stay away from "Professor Falmea should have blue hair" (never!!!) to "I think it would be cool if Professor Falmea could help me in battle if I was having trouble".

Looking forward to reading through these responses! ::grin::

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Survivor
Feb 07, 2010
Professor Falmea wrote:
Folks,

First of all, thank you thank you thank you for such a <a href="https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/28600.ftl#154925">positive and productive thread</a> here. It's always a little challenging and scary when you tread into the waters of asking for negative feedback, but this was great.

Second, I wish I could discuss in more detail, but let me just say this. At least a handful of those items are either firmly on our 2011 plan or even already in progress. Which ones? You'll just have to stick around to find out...

An additional note: while I'm not all over the forums posting, I'm constantly pulling information about what's being said - I could make a full time job of it, but then a lot would go undone here in the office! Weekly, I compile what you might call the "zeitgeist" of the forums and discuss it with the team. While things can take time to filter from idea state to in game, and sometimes great ideas may just be rendered technically impossible or impractical, we always value what you guys and gals are saying and thinking.

Just have to put this here for posterity...

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

Now that we've discussed 2010 thoroughly, let's look forward. If you were given the magic wand, what ONE NEW THING would you add to Wizard101 this year? Let's stray from discussing changes to existing things (I think we've discussed that in detail on the last thread) to completely new and cool ideas. For example, try to stay away from "Professor Falmea should have blue hair" (never!!!) to "I think it would be cool if Professor Falmea could help me in battle if I was having trouble".

Looking forward to reading through these responses! ::grin::

I think they need to add more missions to the world and or a new world and new levels and spells again

Survivor
Nov 04, 2009
My husband says he wants Wild Bolt changed back....
I say Another new world.

Defender
May 21, 2009
I have a few ideas that I think would be cool.

1: I think we should be able to change the music in our houses. You could buy songs from furniture/house shops all over the spiral.

2: Maybe we should be able to breed two different plants together, like how we can hatch two pets together. It would have a new look, different likes & dislikes, & different rewards & difficulties.

3. Our teachers should become minion spells at some point in the game.

4: Wizards should be able to be more creative. I mean that if a wizard wants to we should be able to design our own clothes, furniture, & castles. It could work like crafting.

5: There should be something new that wizards could do cooperatively (like pvp or the pet derby)

Those are all of my ideas, I hope you guys like them & put them in game. Thank you for reading
Christopher JadeBlade
lvl.59 Theurgist
Celestian Explorer

Survivor
Sep 12, 2010
Survivor
Sep 08, 2008
I posted about this in a thread but feel like it's worth another mention. :)

Backpacks serve a dual purpose: temporary storage for loot we're going to sell, and long-term storage for items we want to keep on us at all times. Unfortunately, since there is no way to differentiate between the two, all of us have inadvertently sold something we didn't mean to sell. This can be a frustrating and sometimes heartbreaking experience, especially when you've put a lot of time and effort into earning a rare drop item.

That said, I would love to see a lockout feature added to the backpack. What I imagine is a padlock icon next to each item. If you click on it, it makes the item unselectable so that it can't be sold. If you want to use the item or decide to sell it afterall, you just click the icon again and it "unlocks" the item by making it selectable again.

I don't know if this would be possible but I thought I'd throw it out there just in case. :)

AI

Survivor
Dec 05, 2009
It is asked, If I had a magic wand what would I add to Wizard 101. How about allowing us to pasture our mounts in our home world, That way we could also have interaction with them when not riding them. It would be fun to see them eat hay or pasture grass and the like. Water mounts to be placed in a nice water area. I don't know how much of this is possible, but it would be nice. Also It would be nice to have regants come back faster. There has been a lot of people crafting. :D

Survivor
May 09, 2009
I have a cool idea! How about a set of 3 permanent marks for quick site to site transport during a quest set or for our favorite farming spots. These would be in addition to the current temporary mark. These marks would be in place until our needs change and we decide to move them and we could teleport to that mark as often as we like without it vanishing. These would be handy when there is a lot of running back and forth between 2 or 3 NPCs during a quest. The ability to name each one would be handy, but if they have to be just mark 1, 2, and 3, I could live with that. Thx for an awesome game!

Survivor
Mar 09, 2009
i think that school mounts should be added i would love to people riding on like a thunder snake or a centaur and when you hit 58-60 you get one for your school i would think tht would be the coolest thing ever

-Steven Blueweaver life 60

Survivor
May 15, 2009
If I were given the magic wand, ONE NEW THING I would add to Wizard101 this year is, that Id add item trading so you can sell your items to other players where you are and not have to go to the bazaar and give items to help players out and i would have a bigger friend box so you arent limited to how many friends you can have. thanks Autumn from Account TreeTrunksGirl113

Survivor
Apr 10, 2010
This was a question that took a lot of thought, I had to really dig down to find out something that this game did not have. I went into popular forums and tried to get inspired there, and this is what I came up with.

1) Grizzleheim completion spell. This doesn't even have to be a physical spell, it could be a damage boosting mini bubble for death and life or a new blade. It could be something like the pet spells, small damage plus a boost to the next spell. We completed a whole gosh darn world, we deserve SOMETHING spell-ish. This would have to add on one more quest after completion, to award the spell.

2) I'm sure you'll get this many times, but another world (which would be close to impossible) and a level cap raise. The world maybe could be a side world or a school specific short world (?), but I'm sure you have that being planned out. A level cap raise could come with a new school teacher spell, maybe a second rank 8 or rank 7 spell, (and in the interest of death students, I would suggest werewolf, Damage to one, heal to all at approx. 2/5).

3) PVP update, while I don't specifically care, I may one day pick up on PVP. You didn't add a new rank when Celestia was released.

4) More pet mini-games, and more pet combinations. The advanced pet system went live, and was awesome, but it needs a backtrack. Pet mixing is fairy shallow, and I think a scarecrow pet would be awesome :D. The mini-games can get repetitive, and I think a new set (so maybe you have two options for strength, agility, etc).

5) Clothing customization, we need to be able to put school symbols on clothing. Maybe make some more changes in that range.

:D

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
As new house/dorm items, there could be either statues or bobbleheads of bosses which you could only receive from defeating those certain bosses. For the bobblehead idea, you could be able to walk up to them, press "x", and watch their heads bobble. And if possible, pet and street enemy versions, of whichever is chosen, could be made too.

Level 55 Grandmaster Pyromancer,
Jeffrey Stormhunter

Survivor
Oct 02, 2010
A place like the PvP areas where you can find a dungeon or tower that you are woking on and join up with other wizards because it gets really boring when you are just standing around, waiting, just hopeing that someone will come along that is on the same quest as you so that you don't go in a dungeon alone!

Survivor
Jun 07, 2008
If i was given a magic wand to add something on the game it would be many thing but LOL yeah teacher helping us in battles with big bosses would be a good idea! :). Also a arena pet, like they can cast their own spells. Some new talents for the pets like an attacking spells and spritely change it to pixie and that can heal everyone else too. Gears for the pets would be a good thing to add in the game this year, because it would be nice if pets do more, we spend allot of time leveling them up so we want to see that leveling up it worth it. It would be cool stories about our teachers, like who teach them and how they made it on ravenwood.

:)

Survivor
Jul 11, 2009
OMGosh. But I don't have JUST ONE:
The ability to have 7 wizards to experience all schools.
The ability to erase completed quests and do them over just for fun, or take them off our quest list if we don't want to do them.
Have the wisps that pass around us in battle actually give us more life while in battle.
Thank you for a great game and for requesting our input!

Survivor
Mar 06, 2009
i'd change the way we ride brooms. i'd ride it standing up, like on a surfboard

Survivor
Jul 11, 2009
But I don't have just one request:
The ability to have 7 wizards so that we can experience all the schools.
The ability to delete quests we don't care to complete.
The ability to start a completed quest over just for the fun of doing it again.
Have the wisps that swirl around us during battle activate health for us.
Thank you for requesting our input on this super fun game!

Survivor
Jun 21, 2009
OK, my one wish is to be able to hand over the keys to my Epic card palace to my other wizards so they can all share it and to be able to put treasure cards in your shared bank.

Survivor
Mar 28, 2009
Open the rest of the rooms in the Fantasy Palace. There are obvious places you can't get to (behind the third curtain, etc.) and, as a wizard, I was REALLY disappointed that I couldn't get up in that tallest tower that you can see from the outside.

Survivor
May 28, 2009
i would make it where you could sit down or pick things up instead of having to say x sits down x

Survivor
May 31, 2008
Hello Prof. Falmea,

There are 2 reasons I don't PvP. First, it's because of other people behavior. I know we now have tools to help us, but I honestly have not gone back to PvP since to try them out.

The second reason is that to be good at PvP, you need to optimize your gear for it. It would be cool if with the "flip" of a hotkey we could switch to another set of gear. My wizard's gear is optimized for dueling in the spiral. and I don't want to set him up again after a PvP combat.

So I wish for something similar to the Ctrl-K that enables us to switch deck quickly but that new hotkey could change a whole set of gear.

It could also be extended to more than one set of gear. Different sets for different situations. I'll let you decide how many sets! LOL

And Thanks for this wonderful game that I love!! :)

Survivor
May 03, 2009
It would be nice if there were either more teleport stones or teleport stations perhaps, where you could choose to go anywhere you want. Or maybe the ability to mark more than one spot and have the description of where you marked be a bit more detailed. Or perhaps a home button that brings you back to the person who gave you the quest. Something to that effect anyway. There is too much running around. Even with my mount it takes a long time. If there is one thing that discourages me from playing that would be it.

Defender
Feb 28, 2010
Only one thing? Really this is all we'd be able to wish for? Well in that case, I'd have to say that I'd wish for much prompter customer service from people who don't seem to be condescending and might actually know what they are talking about!

Also, please stop blaming our computer systems for each and every technical issue!

Survivor
Jul 04, 2009
I have recently become nearly homeless. By doing whatever is necessary but nothing illegal, I have met many individual organizations that help to the best of their capabilities. So much more than the entities set up by our own government. My magic wand would be a life spell toward the whole of the government workers (from caseworker all the way up through the White House) to learn something from these non-profits. With this healing perhaps we could help reverse the number of homeless and nearly homeless.

Survivor
Sep 07, 2010