Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Card i dont know how to use!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 24, 2008
I have been wondering for years what does cloak do and how is it used? PVP, monster fights, crafting,what!!!! :-( :-( i really want to use it and i dont how to. Please someone tell me! Thanks if you do! :-( :-(

Hero
Aug 23, 2009
It is a PVP useful spell only, Cloak makes the cards you enchant with it during battle invisible to enemy when cast, for example cloaking an elemental trio blade card would make it invisible to your enemy in PVP; you will see it and it will trigger appropiately but your opponent will not see it nor its boost %. It is essentially useless when questing as your NPC enemies don't care what you cast. By now most people who PVP know what it looks like when cast and since there are a very limited number of spells that can be cloaked it is generally obvious what you are doing.

Explorer
Jan 03, 2010
mangoboy6 wrote:
I have been wondering for years what does cloak do and how is it used? PVP, monster fights, crafting,what!!!! :-( :-( i really want to use it and i dont how to. Please someone tell me! Thanks if you do! :-( :-(

Cloak is an extremely useful PVP spell, but can be used in PvE, which is Player versus Enemy. Cloak, when used on a charm or shield, covers it so the opponent can't see it. For example, if the opponent in PVP was to use a Phoenix after you, and you have a Fire Shield and Cloak, press Cloak. The Fire Shield is lit up. Press the Fire shield. You will hear a little sound and the Fire Shield's background color changes from red to yellow. Click the Fire Shield, and cast it upon yourself. When you cast the spell, it will look like a sun, because Cloak is a Sun spell. You will see a faint shield on you, but the opponent can't, so when the Phoenix is about to hit you, the shield will still activate, and the Phoenix will do a lot less damage, leaving the opponent confused.

There! Phew! :-P

Yeah.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Cloak is Broken! Cloak is not invisible, cloak makes the spell you cast with a ?
So, a Dispel is still above your enemies head, but with a question mark! A feint, still has a questionmark on enemy and a question mark on you! A shield puts a question mark on you for tower or single shield, or 2 ?s for a multi shield. Puts a ? on enemy for a trap!

Thing is, your enemy can see the emblem with the ?! So, they can pretty much guess if you just put up a dispel, shield, feint, or trap. Since this game is not rocket science!

KI you seriously need to fix this, Cloak should make the spell totally unknown to the enemy!

Defender
May 25, 2009
darthjt wrote:
Cloak is Broken! Cloak is not invisible, cloak makes the spell you cast with a ?
So, a Dispel is still above your enemies head, but with a question mark! A feint, still has a questionmark on enemy and a question mark on you! A shield puts a question mark on you for tower or single shield, or 2 ?s for a multi shield. Puts a ? on enemy for a trap!

Thing is, your enemy can see the emblem with the ?! So, they can pretty much guess if you just put up a dispel, shield, feint, or trap. Since this game is not rocket science!

KI you seriously need to fix this, Cloak should make the spell totally unknown to the enemy!

It is unknown to the enemy! If the enemy sees a question mark over a blade, they wont know what kind of blade it is! Once I was in Pvp. I kept Ice shielding as the guy builds his blades with a question mark. I thought he was Ice and BOOM, got hit and killed by a Genie.

Anthony Ghosthunter, Legendary Theurgist