Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Death Cat

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 13, 2009
The death cat is my favorite pet. I know it gives you a treasure card and I would really like to have this pet but it only is available at Halloween. I would like to know if there is any way I could get one now?

Defender
Aug 08, 2010
If you find someone that has one, you can hatch with them. If your pet is of a higher pedigree, you will have a good chance of getting the black cat from the hatching.

Survivor
Feb 27, 2010
Well it's a luck of the hatch! It could range any where from a fifty fifty chance to a ninty ten chance it's all a matter of who you hatch with and what you hatch with. As a simple friendly piece of advice I would hatch with a friend who has a fair amount of money, a Death Cat, and a higher pet "DNA" than your pet. If i where you I would get something simple, cheep, and something that can be bought in the Wizard City Shopping District in the Pet Shop. Something along the lines of a Piggle, Dragon, unicorn, ect. I would not get any Crown Shop pets they usually have a larger pet "DNA" balance. To insure a sucsesful hatch You should make sure your pet is an Adult, make sure you have a decent amount of money, and you have a hatching partner with a Death Cat of course. :) :-) :D 8)

Defender
Aug 08, 2010
Sorry, but I disagree. From my personal experience, and the information posted by KI in this forum, you will most likely get a pet of the same pedigree or lower than the pet you own used to hatch.

So if you have a dragon with a pedigree of 31 and hatch with a black cat with a pedigree of 51, you will most likely get a dragon of a higher pedigree.

The best way to ensure that you get a black cat is as I said above. You need to have a pet of a higher pedigree (the original black cat has a pedigree of 51) and then hatch with a black cat. If you currently do not have a pet with a pedigree higher than 51, you will be getting a free jellyfish (pedigree 56) from a quest in Celestia. It also happens to be a death school pet, like the black cat, so it would be an ideal pet to use to make a good death pet.