Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The crafting house will NEVER come to be

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 10, 2009
:-( Please change the way we can get the Grizzleheim house!! It is impossible to get what's needed for the crafting on top of paying $60,000 for it. Here is the problem:
It will cost $58,375 just to purchase the main crafting recipes required. Not includes those treasure cards you must buy if you can't find them. Then 6 of the recipe cards must be crafted to make the items needed. IE:
15 Ornamental step stones............ 60 Shadow oils, 15 simple vials,
210 ore, 90 night shade flowers, 300 Ectoplasms.
(This does NOT include the crafting tables needed to craft with.)
This is just one of the recipes. When you can't find enough of these reagents, then you must buy them. As with the night shade flowers or the Ectoplasms. Which these are not common items to find.

So, as you can see this is impossible and a bit outrageous. By the time I can afford to buy this house, I'll be finished with all the quests on the game. I want to enjoy this house much sooner than that.

Maybe you can cut the recipes prices to around half and decrease the number of recipes needed. Instead of 15 Ornamental step stones, use only 6-7 and so on. Everything in this game is way over priced as it is. Please cut it back. :-( :-(

Champion
Jan 27, 2009
The house is essentially a status badge for those who have taken the time to craft it, it will not be changed

Mastermind
Jun 25, 2009
dont change! i'm almost complete to my house i don't want to be thrown off course!

Survivor
Dec 17, 2010
I have to disagree here. I do not think this is anywhere near impossible to make. Sure, some of the things might be difficult to find, but the cost is not an issue whatsoever. I have been playing for only 2 weeks now. I have almost 100,000 gold and am already level 47. And to be quite honest, compared to other games, the number of materials needed is fairly small.

Here is the complete list of items needed: 20 Ghost Fire, 20 Glass Vials, 45 Simple Vials, 90 Black Coal, 142 Shadow Oil, 80 Diamonds, 90 Nightshade, 100 Frost Flowers, 144 Scrap Iron, 160 Parchment, 168 Stone Block, 268 Water Lilies, 370 Ore, 380 Mist Wood, 544 Deep Mushrooms, 300 Ectoplasm, 544 Bronze Gears, 4 Seraph, 8 Locust Swarm, 10 Blizzard, 16 Evil Snowman, 32 Nature's Wrath.

I just checked my inventory, and outside of the more rare things (diamonds, nightshade, ectoplasm, and bronze gears) and the treasure cards, I already have everything for this. You just have to make sure you pick up everything you see every single time. There are plenty of materials to be had.

One last thing to note here is that you need to be Master Artisan crafter in order to build this. If you think the number of materials required to make this is difficult, wait until you see how much stuff you need to complete the quest for that badge.

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
The whole reason the house takes forever to complete is so that you cal gloat and brag about it in the end, I mean it is the most timing-consuming item to craft in the game. (Don't say anything and pearls/golden pearls, I know were to farm them super easily.)

Survivor
Sep 08, 2008
I agree... it's not impossible. Not everyone has the time/patience to put into it, but it's something special for those who can.

I just found out about this house and decided to go for it with just a few hundred coins in my pocket. It helps that I can devote a couple hours per day, which not everyone can, and that I can play late at night (which helps with reagent harvesting). I needed cats for a badge, so first I cleared the streets of the Ironworks several times, and that got me close to 15k by the time I was done. The next night I went to Mooshu and battled Tomugawa the Evil several times, and that got me almost to 30k. So, in just two nights I was almost halfway to the house recipe.

Then I looked up the ingredients, and the ingredients needed to craft those ingredients, and I think my eyes popped out of my head. I decided to approach it one step at a time, and start by crafting the housing item ingredients BEFORE purchasing the house recipe. This way, if I decide to back out I've at least got some cool housing items to show for it. I decided to start with the water fountains first, since only two are needed. I bought the treasure cards and things like shadow oil/glass vials, etc., then I went to the bazaar to purchase reagents. I first tried to purchase water lilies and it was going to cost 14k--which after purchasing the fountain recipe and other ingredients, would leave me with just 8k. So at that point I GAVE UP! I thought, forget this! No way... too hard.

The next day I logged in and saw that I only had 8k, and it turned out that I had not been able to back out of the water lilies purchase at the point I was at, and so I'd bought them anyway. At that point I decided to just go for it.

I went and harvested Ore in the Cave of Solitude, and Frost Flowers in Grizzleheim, and by the end of the night I had my first fountain done. One night later I am half done with my other fountain.

So, my long-winded point is that yes... this is incredibly daunting, but if it was easy everyone would have it and it wouldn't be special!

My advice is to look up all the ingredients required for the housing items needed to craft the house. Make a list of those ingredients and keep them by your computer, and then whenever you log on, spend a little while trying to find those ingredients in places where they're common. Go to the bazaar and buy them a few at a time. Battle a couple of good replay bosses, like Tomugawa the Evil every time you logon and start saving up money. Before you know it you'll be able to craft your fountains. Then just go step by step after that. It's a challenge, but what in life isn't? :)

AI

Survivor
May 03, 2009
i have to agree it is not impossible, it is very time consuming too, yes yes! but still, it's something to works for, like a goal. for example, your in a contest to build the best item and whoever wins gets a trophy and $100,000 money, right? you want to win and so the challenge is worth it, right? it takes time also. sooner or later though, anyone who puts their mind into it, eventually they will achieve it, so just keep working hard and sooner or later, you'll get there. :-) 8) :D

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
I love crafting. As soon as they put the crafted house in game, I just knew i had to have it. It took me a little over a week, and using different wizards but in the end I crafted that house. I am proud of that house. To me it represents the crowning glory of crafting. It should not be changed just because someone wants that house but doesn't want to take the time to craft it.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 60 Life (Grandmaster Artisan)

Survivor
Oct 10, 2009
:-( I have been taking the time to craft this house. I still am. I do not get the difficult reagents I need. I am level 47, I've used my other characters, fight extra fights, change realms often, and still can't get them. THIS is why I'm so bumming. Some of you obviously are just very lucky to find these things. All the ore I have collected and only have 2 diamonds. I will need to craft them at this rate. I like the crafting but diamonds are my big hold up for example.

I do have a detailed list of everything I need including if I have to craft diamonds or others, along with the prices (which some change price if you go to the bazaar). I dont know where to find the less common reagents. Where can I find the flowers ?

I have learned the hard way that its important to keep up your health or die often so I must buy clothes to keep up my health. My husband and I fight together so I don't die so often. I don't buy much of anything else so I can have money for this crafting. You have no choice but to work at it a little at a time.

Hero
May 27, 2009
Anyone attempting to craft the Watchtower Hall must be prepared for a long, hard and expensive process. Fortunately, by the time you reach Master Artisan status, you probably understand this about Crafting. Most every reagent needed can be found in Grizzleheim (I love Mirkholm Keep for Ore/Diamonds and Cattail/Waterlilies). Battling in Ravenscar will get you valuable drops to sell for gold to fund the project. If you have lower level wizards on the same account, they can make some of the ingredients (like stacks of wood) and put them in the shared bank. Now they can even trade your wizard their Ore for Diamonds.

One step at a time, and I know you'll get there. It's a wonderful house and well worth the effort. Because I crafted this house, and I also own the Life House, I have plenty of room for crafted items and gardening. It took me about two weeks, and I play for only a couple hours per day.

Good Luck!

Survivor
Oct 10, 2009
Thank you for giving me some ideas where to find some of these things. I also thank all of you for your posts, some things are very helpful. I haven't given up it just will not happen quickly for me as it has for some of you. Thanx. :-)

Delver
Apr 02, 2010
I crafted it. You can't help but have a smile on your face when you press 'J', go to the housing items, click on Watch tower hall, and all the quantities are yellow.

Go to wizard101central.com for spoilers and farming hints.

Some hints I have are, you can store Ornamental Stepstones on your dorm floor, and still fit in the crafting tables, but you will have to pick up all other desks and beds, and may have to pick up pets. Another is pick either the Attic or the Bank to store items in, but not both (the stepstones can stay on the floor). Third is, and you probably already know this, the moment you craft something, take it out of your back pack.

Some one said you have to take off all your gear to get all the reagents to the crafting forge, not true, just take off all the things you don't need or use often.

Survivor
Oct 10, 2009
I have been at this craft since I first posted. All day long until early morning hours. Is there no recipe for the "nightshade" flowers? I am only black pearls away from being master crafter and the only completed recipe is the wood planks. I really want this house but I need so much of the ingredients that I don't know if it will happen. Some of the replies here have been very kind and helpful. I'm addicted yet bumming.

Delver
Apr 02, 2010
There is a Transmute Deep Mushrooms into Nightshade recipe, sorry can't remember where you get it. Its not a "way back there" vendor, its some one in the commons area of whatever world, or, that dude in Dragonsypre.

I am having problems myself getting Black Lotus, my old place isn't working. If you do gardening, the Pink Dandelion gives Black Pearl, and it only gets rank 1 pests. Do realize if you start gardening you will probably have to give up training pets on that character, and you will face a learning curve on gardening.

Survivor
Oct 10, 2009
Thanx for responding. Sorry you are having trouble with the black lotus flowers. I got all mine in the Jade palace using every realm there is including the crowded ones. Best of luck!

As for the Nightshade flower recipe, I can't find it anywhere. I checked every single vendor. I keep checking but still no luck on finding it.

Yes I know you can't really play with your pet while gardening but I don't have a big thing for playing those games anyway, hehe. I'm not good at them. Thank you for letting me know anyway, it was very nice of you. If you remember about the nightshade flower recipe just post it here and I will get it. Thanx again!!

Hero
May 27, 2009
If you can't find the Nightshade transmute recipe anywhere, check to see if you've already bought it.

Champion
Jan 23, 2009
yea I have to agree with most here. While I am TOTALLY NOT going to craft this house. I is a task that is considered a brag. It is hard because it is supposed to be rare! If it were easy everyone would have one.

When you go to someone's house now and it one they crafted you know they were seriously working on this house.

So leave it! And for those of you who want it, Go for it and let me know because the closes I am coming to one is to visit.

Survivor
Oct 24, 2010
Survivor
Feb 28, 2009
now celestia is now out we can sell for a lot of money and it can get you about 100,000 gold i did this to and got the house recipe

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009

<br /> <b>It is impossible to get what's needed for the crafting on top of paying $60,000 for it. Here is the problem:
<br /> It will cost $58,375 just to purchase the main crafting recipes required. Not includes those treasure cards you must buy if you can't find them. Then 6 of the recipe cards must be crafted to make the items needed. IE:
<br /> 15 Ornamental step stones............ 60 Shadow oils, 15 simple vials,
<br /> 210 ore, 90 night shade flowers, 300 Ectoplasms.
<br /> (This does NOT include the crafting tables needed to craft with.) </b>
<br />
<br /> It's not impossible ... but it is a challenge.
<br />
<br /> The way to approach this project is to make some very careful plans and be at peace with the idea that this could take you several weeks. Start with the cheapest, easiest recipes first. Plan what you need, plan a way to earn the gold you'll need, and just work on one part at a time.
<br />
<br /> As you are questing and leveling up, make it a habit to gather reagents up whenever and wherever you find them. As you are working on quests, jump realms several times throughout the session so you can find more reagents. Go out of your way to the ends of every 'street' because the reagents are often clustered there.
<br />
<br /> Find the transmute recipes for Nightshade, Water Lilies and Diamonds. You can buy these rare reagents, but they will cost about 1000 each. It's vastly cheaper to just have patience and transmute them. Spend 1-2 hours in the mornings or late evenings per week on just reagent hunting---within a few weeks you will have everything you need.
<br />
<br /> The Transmute Diamond recipe is available from Felicia in Marleybone, for about 200 gold (I think). The best places for ore are the Haunted and Dark Caves in Wizard City, the Pyramid of the Sun in Krokotopia, Mirkholm Keep in Grizzleheim, and Dragonspyre.
<br />
<br /> The Transmute Nightshade recipe is available from Wul'yum in Krokotpia, for about 200 gold. Then start looking for over 1000 mushrooms. The best places for mushrooms are the Haunted and Dark Caves in Wizard City, the Sphinx and Tomb of Storms in Krokotopia, Mooshu and Dragonspyre.
<br />
<br /> The Transmute Water Lily recipe is availabld from Toshio in Mooshu, for about 200 gold (I think). The best places for cattails is any body of water, especially Hyde Park and Digmoore Station in Marleybone, the boiling geysers of Vigrid Roughland in Grizzleheim, near the many bridges in Mooshu, and Cyclops Lane or Triton Avenue in Wizard City.
<br />
<br /> Earn gold to purchase Bronze Gears and Ectoplasm, plus the crafting tables, treasure cards and recipes. To earn money, farm bosses. That means, fight them over and over, then sell the loot you get. For those near the end of Mooshu, Oyotomi is super easy to beat and very easy to repeat. You can easily earn $20,000 gold after just 10 fights, and it will only take about 30 minutes. Be sure you sell your loot in the Bazaar, not in any other shop, so you can get the best prices.
<br />
<br /> Buy the treasure cards you'll need in the Bazaar, as you will save quite a lot of gold that way.
<br />
<br /> I've been working on this house for about two months. I'm just about finished---I just need 15 more nightshade for the last few stepping stones! It's not impossible, it just takes patience and persistence.

Survivor
Jan 26, 2011
I would craft it, but I don't the looks of it. How would you go about furnishing this, as there is precious little by way of items to buy or craft.
Normal furnishings would look odd. :(

I do like the challenges for this, but the castle itself could use some redesign.

Btw, the best way to gather your required items is to travel around the Spiral gathering reagents yourself.
You'll find plenty of Nightshade in Grizzleheim, stone blocks in DragonSpire and the Cave of Solitude in Mooshu, etc

And lets not forget Gardening for this. Silver Trumpet vines are wonderful for those hard to find reagents.

Survivor
Feb 01, 2010
I dont know about the Grizzalhime house for im not doing that house yet I just wish to complain about the Celestial Observatory. If there is one house that is takeing the fun out of this game then to me this is it. I mean evey item has to be made almost. I cant tell how much Real cash I have spent trying to get STONE Blocks for just one Item I need to get this done. and that is sandstone and sunstone. Which you need STONE BLOCKS to make. I thought crafting was a good thing to get into but now after I see how much it cost I can say to any of the people who are lower in Level then me DON'T DO IT ITS NOT WORTH IT. I know Wizard is not planing on changing this at all but this house is not for anyone to start if they think it going to be done fast. Myself I will finsh this someday and move on to the Grizzleheim one also why because there the last two houses I want. In Wizard money I think I spent on the Celestial house about 250K so far and going up so before you start this house stop and think is it worth it for all the headakes in getting all the stone you are going to need? and if the answer is no then do not do this project.

Explorer
Sep 28, 2010
wolfesden42 wrote:
:( Please change the way we can get the Grizzleheim house!! It is impossible to get what's needed for the crafting on top of paying $60,000 for it. Here is the problem:
It will cost $58,375 just to purchase the main crafting recipes required. Not includes those treasure cards you must buy if you can't find them. Then 6 of the recipe cards must be crafted to make the items needed. IE:
15 Ornamental step stones............ 60 Shadow oils, 15 simple vials,
210 ore, 90 night shade flowers, 300 Ectoplasms.
(This does NOT include the crafting tables needed to craft with.)
This is just one of the recipes. When you can't find enough of these reagents, then you must buy them. As with the night shade flowers or the Ectoplasms. Which these are not common items to find.

So, as you can see this is impossible and a bit outrageous. By the time I can afford to buy this house, I'll be finished with all the quests on the game. I want to enjoy this house much sooner than that.

Maybe you can cut the recipes prices to around half and decrease the number of recipes needed. Instead of 15 Ornamental step stones, use only 6-7 and so on. Everything in this game is way over priced as it is. Please cut it back. :( :(

Agreed it would take FOREVER!!!!!!!!! to make.

Hero
Jul 27, 2009
the GH house is a tad over priced and the Observatory in Celestia is not what one could usw as a house and the levels between the ground floor and the top floor just do not allow any kind of design or decor to really happen they are just there .
the only thing it has is the PvP ring and the activity out in space is just too distracting to concentrate on the battle.

so i opted for the lost island hut hide away ... which by the way has the taddypoley fishies from GH in it waters

Survivor
Dec 07, 2010
I am just now ready to craft Watch Tower Hall. Waiting for cool down time and friend to come share the moment.

At first I thought it would be impossible. I have spent countless hours gathering reagents by realm hopping at spawn sites. I purchased reagents when I could, but who has THAT much gold? Luckily had a life character to craft Nature's Wrath as I could NOT find it at Bazaar, despite countless trips. Luckily I had a friend to trade cards with my life character and then back to balance character. Yes, it is expensive in time and gold.

I agree that it is like a badge to show off craftsmanship. If it were easier it wouldn't have been nearly as much fun.

We all have different ways of playing this game, and different areas of excellence. This was one of my excellent adventures, tedious at times, but well worth the effort.

Anybody who wants tips on how to build the house, just reply to post. I will be glad to help, as others have helped me!!!

Kestrel Moonfinder
Grandmaster Sorcerer