Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Castle Item Mannequin

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 12, 2009

Since Celestia opened I have discovered that I have an unusual problem. Since I have had several Grandmaster Wizards for a while before Celestia opened I had long since aquired the best gear for each of my Grandmaster Wizards and stitched those stats into outfits that I thought were pretty cool. But, now with the level cap increase and a bunch of new gear out there I find myself questing for new outfits from Celestia and my old outfits are gathering dust in my bank.

I cannot bring myself to sell the outfits as vendor trash for two reasons. First, since I had paid crowns to stitch those outfits I feel like I would be throwing away the real world money I spent on those outfits. I know 100 crowns isn't a huge amount of real world money, but it is the principal of the thing. Plus, since I have spent over a year, almost two years, in some of those outfits I have gotten kinda attached to them and I don't want them to get trashed because of the fond memories I have had while wearing and questing for those outfits.

The problem that arises is that when they are sitting in my bank I have to maneuver around them to find overflow stuff. And those items are just taking up space that I could be using for other things.

My solution to both issues is a Castle Item that works as a Mannequin. Where it can only store a hat, a robe and a pair of shoes. The Mannequin would wear the pieces of clothing that are stored in it just like a player would. It would act as a monument to various stages in the game for a player if they so choose.

In addition to the monument to past accomplishments that would be the main purpose of the Mannequin for me. If it could have the options of swapping entirely the outfit you are wearing with the one on the Mannequin, you could use it for a quick change of clothes. Then it could act as a wardrobe for a player. A wizard could easily port home switch gear and rejoin friends without searching through what sometimes could be a pretty full bank. They also wouldn't have to carry all of their outfits with them all the time.

I personally would not mind the Mannequin and each of the pieces of clothing that it wears count as different objects toward the item cap of a castle space. If this makes it easier to track in the database I am all for it. I also thought it would be pretty neat if you could choose from several heroic poses for your Mannequin. But, these are afterthoughts, the basics of being able to hold and display a single outfit in your castle is the primary capability that I would like this item to have.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
There is a mannequin in game that you can use to put items on. It must be crafted. You can buy the recipe from the MB crafter by the entrance to digmoore station.

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
Mastermind
Jan 01, 2010
Wait, wait, wait... Are you telling me we can dress the crafted MB mannequins??? Are you sure???

Community Leader
addisoncrawford wrote:
Wait, wait, wait... Are you telling me we can dress the crafted MB mannequins??? Are you sure???

Yes we are very sure, you craft it then place it in your house. You will see a middle icon that allows you to place hat , robe and boots on your mannequins.

Survivor
Jun 08, 2009
:O woohoo! if only it could wear a wand... still thx for the info a TON!

Survivor
Jul 12, 2009
thanks for the patronizing "son", i guess i should be thankful you didnt use boy.

Mastermind
Jan 01, 2010
Cool Paige! Thanks for the info! I know what I will be doing this weekend!

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
Karibdis wrote:
thanks for the patronizing "son", i guess i should be thankful you didnt use boy.

Nah, I have just always wanted to put that on front of a reply.

Delver
Feb 01, 2010
Paige MoonShade wrote:
addisoncrawford wrote:

Yes we are very sure, you craft it then place it in your house. You will see a middle icon that allows you to place hat , robe and boots on your mannequins.
hi paige i liked the ravenwood radio you did with steve and leesha i learned a lot about gardening

Survivor
Feb 27, 2010
I think this idea is AWESOME! LOVE IT! LOVE IT! LOVE IT! I have a ton of clothes i won from malistair that i just cant find a way to sell........ but if i could change this idea at all i would add that it could hold a wand. Other than that i would agree with this idea 100%! 8) :D :-) :)