Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Crown plants vs regular plants.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 15, 2009
Ok, i really do not get it. I see that the crowns plants are way better than the regular plants and that is just unfair. I mean there are people who work so hard to get to lvl 12 and then they see that a dandelion is not that good and none are that good really. So when the people who cant afford crowns, that were really looking forward to planting just give up.

Mastermind
Jan 01, 2010
Not sure where you are in the game but in DS and CL, I get lots of Crown seed drops! Once you start harvesting (which often gives Crown seeds) and getting seed drops, you will get plenty of Crown seeds. So don't stress too much about it. Just have fun!

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
I lost count on how many pink dandelions I have planted--all from drops. I have also gotten silver trumpet plants and one or two king parsley. Most of these were from regular MoB drops. In time you will gain crown plants from drops.

Hannah Lifebringer level 60 Life

Delver
Feb 16, 2010
You will also get lots of crowns Pink Dandelion drops in Krokotopia. So just hang in there. You will get them soon enough.

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
Pink Dandelions are good, they always provide rare reagents (black pearls for example) on a harvest.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
I have gotten all of the crown plants (with the exception of the Giving Tree and Hollidasey) as drops. And the nice thing, they can be 'shared' with other characters on the account.

Survivor
Jan 11, 2011
Actually when you lvl up in gardening you get some pretty good plants and if you have lots of them you get lots of rewards too

Survivor
Jan 16, 2011
If you have enough to buy just one crown plant, just keep harvesting it until it reaches elder. I've done that, and it dropped like, four seeds of the same kind of plant.

--Edward Ravencaster
Level 36 Magus Sorcerer

Explorer
Sep 20, 2009
Crown plants are not unfair. They are a reward for buying crowns. If you don't have the moeny for crowns you'll have to deal with regular plants. Sure, they may be really awesome but crown plants are for people with money (and high levels who get them as drops.) I got frusterated when i first started gardening. you don't get super good when you start.

Chill

Survivor
Nov 07, 2010
ambybob wrote:
Crown plants are not unfair. They are a reward for buying crowns. If you don't have the moeny for crowns you'll have to deal with regular plants. Sure, they may be really awesome but crown plants are for people with money (and high levels who get them as drops.) I got frusterated when i first started gardening. you don't get super good when you start.

Chill

Stop me if I'm wrong, but most crown plants need lvl 7 gardening to use. If you just play the game you'll be up to your neck in maelstrom snaps by the time you're able to use them. I have more seeds than i know what to do with, and I've never purchased a crown plant.

Squire
Apr 30, 2010
I have more seed also but you can sell them back to Farley in Golem Court. Out of my six wizards I only have two that do the gardening. My life one is a level 8 gardener and my death is a level 5 or 6. There are some crown plants that are level 5.

Defender
Jun 21, 2009
kevke67 wrote:
Ok, i really do not get it. I see that the crowns plants are way better than the regular plants and that is just unfair. I mean there are people who work so hard to get to lvl 12 and then they see that a dandelion is not that good and none are that good really. So when the people who cant afford crowns, that were really looking forward to planting just give up.

Bosses and normal mob monsters drop crown plants.

Defender
Oct 05, 2010
ambybob wrote:

Chill

guys dont worry the only plant that is in my garden is pink dandilion. i got them all from krok drops and they only need a small plot.