Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Fire's damage over time, unfair?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 06, 2010
Things Special to each school
Storm: Huge damage
Ice: High health
Myth: Shields don't block attacks
Balance: Never sides with any school (there is no shield for balance)
Death: Steal Health
Life: Heal

And now the main subject: Fire. Fire's special was supposed to be damage over time. I think this may have been ... stolen. I think too many spells that aren't fire are damage over time. Skeletal dragon is damage over time. Frostbite is damage over time. Poison is damage over time. Not a SINGLE spell but death spells are steal health. Who agrees that fire's damage over time spells have been stolen or cheated? (or whatever you want to call it)

Sincerely,
Jack SpellWielder, Level 60 Fire

Mastermind
Jan 25, 2010
Well, it doesnt really matter. Fire isn't ONLY about damage over time. Lets see which other schools got stolen from. Balance has a healing spell. Ice and Storm's level 48 spells are the same. Doesn't change the game really!

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
Fire specializes in DoT. If you think ut;s unfair other schools have DoT, then it is unfair fire has a spell that heals and attacks at the same time.

Defender
May 17, 2009
Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
Firemaker2525 wrote:
Things Special to each school
Storm: Huge damage
Ice: High health
Myth: Shields don't block attacks
Balance: Never sides with any school (there is no shield for balance)
Death: Steal Health
Life: Heal

And now the main subject: Fire. Fire's special was supposed to be damage over time. I think this may have been ... stolen. I think too many spells that aren't fire are damage over time. Skeletal dragon is damage over time. Frostbite is damage over time. Poison is damage over time. Not a SINGLE spell but death spells are steal health. Who agrees that fire's damage over time spells have been stolen or cheated? (or whatever you want to call it)

Sincerely,
Fire has copied death's spell of stealing if you think about it. Link puts a heal over time and a DoT on them.

Survivor
Mar 17, 2010
Igloogirl3 wrote:
Well, it doesnt really matter. Fire isn't ONLY about damage over time. Lets see which other schools got stolen from. Balance has a healing spell. Ice and Storm's level 48 spells are the same. Doesn't change the game really!

i agree :D
robert earth breaker lvl. 49 pyromancer

Survivor
Oct 03, 2010
Hey, I just want to poke out that Fire is supposed to DoT. For all who don't know what that is, it is Damage Over time. Yes, Death, Ice, and probably other spells do the same too. But look at Life! Balance, Death, and others can heal too! Look at everyone elses perspective! Myth is usually about minions and calling them! I am one myself! But every school can summon a minion. Ice is about defense! Yet we can ALL shield. You say storm is about MAJOR damage? Well, I say we ALL can do a good 1400 damage with enough power! See, Fire is special for its DoT! I envy you actually! DoT is AWESOME! it prevents the spamming of shields! You can heal during DoT! Blading and Trapping is also something you can do during DoT! Now do you see the power of Fire? And yes, we all have schools with specialtys, but if we don't love it, we always have secondary schools right?

Professor David Ravendust out! See you later student!

Survivor
Dec 15, 2008
I agree. even if fire is my second school, the only DoT spells i know is fire elf, link, heckhound, and fire dragon! death has poison AND skeletal dragon!!!
Ice has frostbite

Survivor
Feb 06, 2010
There are AT LEAST three spells with damage over time that aren't fire. Link is NOT a steal health spell. It does not convert half of the damage. Plus it's rank 2 so grandmasters and ledgendarys don't use it much. Poison is rank 5.
There is only one spell that can heal other people that is not life (I think), and that's a balance spell. Ice has BY FAR the highest health, like a thousand more than me! (I have 27?? health) And not a SINGLE spell uses an attack, then a much larger attack, except myth! And if fire stops the spamming of massive shields, doesn't myth do about the same thing!

Sincerely,

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
fire's meteor card with gigantum on it out damages storm at 4 pips... so how exactly is that fair

Survivor
Feb 06, 2010
Today I noticed another spell that uses damage over time that is not fire. I speak of the snow angel. :x

I think fire's DoT (damage over time) is REALLY being stolen here. Link may be like stealing health, but that's only one spell, and it's only rank 2. There are FOUR spells that are not fire using DoT! (poison, frostbite, snow angel, and skeletal dragon) And how many level 60's do you see running around using link! Skeletal Dragon and Snow Angel are both rank 8! Both VERY commonly used by level 60's!

@seasnake If you put on gargantuan to meteor strike, it does do a lot. If you put gargantuan on kraken, it does more than the enchanted meteor strike!

There are FIVE (5) fire spells that use DoT! (heckhound, fire elf, link, scald, and fire dragon) There are FOUR (4) spells that are not fire that use DoT! (poison, frostbite, snow angel, and skeletal dragon) That's 5 to 4!

Sincerely,

Survivor
Feb 06, 2010
Igloogirl3 wrote:

Let's see how much ice got stolen from. Storm lord, wow one spell. Let's see how much Fire got stolen from. Four spells! (snow angel, poison, frostbite, skeletal dragon) There are almost as many spells that are fire that use damage over time, as there are that aren't fire! (sorry I'm posting this right after my last post, I forgot about Igloogirl3's post)

Sincerely,

Survivor
Jan 07, 2010
True some of the other schools get DoT, but Fire is still the mast of it. I've had 3 DoT's on one enemy at once. I'd like to see any other school manage that. On top of it, with the right blades and traps, Fire can be extremely damaging. I often pull off more than 3000 with a helephant and that isn't even buffed all way. I can pull that off with Efreet with even less. In addition we get quite a few attacks that attack all enemies vs. the other schools that may only get one or two.

Survivor
Feb 06, 2010
Falius wrote:
True some of the other schools get DoT, but Fire is still the mast of it. I've had 3 DoT's on one enemy at once. I'd like to see any other school manage that. On top of it, with the right blades and traps, Fire can be extremely damaging. I often pull off more than 3000 with a helephant and that isn't even buffed all way. I can pull that off with Efreet with even less. In addition we get quite a few attacks that attack all enemies vs. the other schools that may only get one or two.

I see your point, but Death can easily put three poisons on with only 6 power pips. 5 (fire) to 4 (non-fire) There are not enough fire spells compared to non-fire spells that use DoT!

A few posts ago I named ALL of the spells that use DoT. There are 9. Four of them are not fire. Five of them are fire. Fire only has ONE more DoT spell!!!

Survivor
Jan 11, 2009
At least they DO have 1 more DoT spell. Ice and Death have 2 EACH, Fire has 5. Think about that.

Explorer
Jul 12, 2009
seasnake wrote:
fire's meteor card with gigantum on it out damages storm at 4 pips... so how exactly is that fair

Remember you can put gargantuan on storm spells too! xD

Devin Griffinstrider level 60 Legendary Diviner!

Mastermind
Feb 16, 2009
I really don't get this...

First side note: Ther is a shield that can defend againt Balance. It's called Tower Shield.

Secondly, what's the point of this discussion?

There are a total of nine DoT spells. Five belong to Fire, two belong to Ice, and two belong to Death. And?

When a school has a spell that's the specialty of another, it's not stealing. It's called diversity. How boring would this game be if we didn't have that? If every spell from a school was similar to each other? Do you know what I say to that? BOOOORINGG!!!!!

The diversity of our spell cards is pat of the reason why W101 is such a great game. We can get a little taste of all the schools from our primary one.

Think about it. Fire 'steals' from all of the other schools, too.

Ice- Choke
Storm- High damage hitters like Helephant and Efreet
Balance- Smokescreen
Life/Death- Link
Myth- Summon Fire Minion

And all of the other schools 'steal' from each other. I use air quotes because IT'S NOT STEALING!

My last point? It's all in the same game, so in hindsight, nothing would be being stolen anyway. -_-

Jack Fireheart Level 50 Pyromancer

Mastermind
Jan 25, 2010
Firemaker2525 wrote:
Igloogirl3 wrote:

Let's see how much ice got stolen from. Storm lord, wow one spell. Let's see how much Fire got stolen from. Four spells! (snow angel, poison, frostbite, skeletal dragon) There are almost as many spells that are fire that use damage over time, as there are that aren't fire! (sorry I'm posting this right after my last post, I forgot about Igloogirl3's post)

Sincerely,

Okay then, Firemaker2525. But why post this if it doesn't make a difference?

Survivor
Nov 14, 2010
maxitola2009 wrote:
We storms don't have any DoTs, so stop complaining

actually, you do have a DoT- it is called stormhound. it is a shopping district crowns only pet. it is 125 storm damage over 3 rounds. to anyone complaining who is a storm hope this clears things up!

Survivor
Feb 06, 2010
Hmm lets see the schools.

Fire DoT: 5 fire to 4 non fire

Ice high health: about 2000 more than storm

Myth minions: (I agree this is a little stolen too) I think 6(?) to 6

The second thing for myth, myth double damage: 2-4(?) to ZERO

Storm high damage: one hundred more than fire, 200 more than ice

Life ability to heal OTHERS OTHERS OTHERS: fire-none ice-none death-one myth-none balance-one storm-none

Death steal health: DEATH HAS ALL (besides link AND IT IS NOT STEAL HEALTH)

Balance: the most special, don't even let me get started with their stuff

Now compare (I think life is best comparison) (fire is counted as DoT) life is counted as heal OTHERS)

Fire: storm-0 ice-2 death-2 myth-0 balance-0 life-0
Life: storm-0 ice-0 death-1 myth-0 balance-1 fire-0
LIFE GETS STOLEN FROM TWICE BUT FIRE GETS STOLEN FOUR TIMES

Sincerely,

Delver
Feb 01, 2010
Mindlessbob wrote:
I agree. even if fire is my second school, the only DoT spells i know is fire elf, link, heckhound, and fire dragon! death has poison AND skeletal dragon!!!
Ice has frostbite
don't forget scald 495 dot damage to all enemies

Explorer
Apr 28, 2009
OK first of all i not fire was a fire hated it and left for storm ( which is totally ruined now cause they killed bolt) but before the update 89% of all fire grands were privates and under now about 60% are privates and under the undate helped them its just new not bad ok.